Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

King's Quest 1,2 Enhanced Editions

Redlands

Arcane
There's been some (relatively) recent action by the people at AGDInteractive.

Their remakes of King's Quest 1 and 2 have been remade, apparently.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
These have been out for awhile. KQ2 was one of the first games I ever played and I like my memories better than the actual game.

laffer35

Novice
oldmanpaco said:
These have been out for awhile. KQ2 was one of the first games I ever played and I like my memories better than the actual game.
Absolutely. I used to love the Kings Quest games, but looking back... the early Kings Quest games aren't really good, I prefer many of Sierras other titles.

However, Kings Quest 6 was brilliant.

dipdipdip

Liturgist
laffer35 said:
oldmanpaco said:
Absolutely. I used to love the Kings Quest games, but looking back... the early Kings Quest games aren't really good, I prefer many of Sierras other titles.

However, Kings Quest 6 was brilliant.

Agreed, sadly.

I just discovered Conquest of the Longbow (Sierra adventure based on Robin Hood), and I easily put it up there with Sierra's best.

laffer35

Novice
Yes, that's a great game. You should also play the first game in that series, Conquest of Camelot.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom