Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Kingdom Come: Deliverance II - Henry's coming to see us in 2024

The retardery on display here is breathtaking.

Some people are apparently incapable of imagining that the Turk next door and his Döner Kebab are not an ancient monument dating back to the 11th century.

After all, you have your own experience with it. The first installment of Kingdom Come caught criticism for not having any black people in it. What about part two?

WTF, they "caught criticism" for not featuring Kunta Kinte in a historically inspired Medieval Bohemia setting?!? That is a joke, right, or was it the ResetEra cucks making noise?

-EDIT-

Cautiously optimistic here, hopefully they really build on and improve upon the foundation that was KC:D, as I enjoyed it...

jaekl

Learned
Patron
I have it on good authority that they're gonna have Snoop Dogg in the game. He ended up in Bohemia because he smoked so much weed that he travelled back in time and henry needs to use his peasant skills to help him grow enough chronic to get back home. Along the way, they learn a valuable lesson about friendship and tolerance.

Elttharion

Learned
I have it on good authority that they're gonna have Snoop Dogg in the game. He ended up in Bohemia because he smoked so much weed that he travelled back in time and henry needs to use his peasant skills to help him grow enough chronic to get back home. Along the way, they learn a valuable lesson about friendship and tolerance.
They could use this documentary as inspiration

TheDarkUrge

Educated
weed tolerance or racial tolerance

gabel

fork's latest account
Patron
After all, you have your own experience with it. The first installment of Kingdom Come caught criticism for not having any black people in it. What about part two?

WTF, they "caught criticism" for not featuring Kunta Kinte in a historically inspired Medieval Bohemia setting?!? That is a joke, right, or was it the ResetEra cucks making noise?

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg
Not a fan of the first game's restricted save system, look like the sequel's save system will remain the same, which will make it hard for the game to achieve Baldur's Gate 3-esque's success with mainstream audience like some codexers hope.

As for me, oh well I can always spare some effort to mod the "save anytime anywhere" feature in, looking forward to Kingdom Come Deliverance 2.

Not a fan of the first game's restricted save system, look like the sequel's save system will remain the same, which will make it hard for the game to achieve Baldur's Gate 3-esque's success with mainstream audience like some codexers hope.

As for me, oh well I can always spare some effort to mod the "save anytime anywhere" feature in, looking forward to Kingdom Come Deliverance 2.
The system will indeed remain the same, this is alteady confirmed.
But they also announced that the game will autosave more often and the saviours schnapps will be easier and cheaper to obtain.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam

Wasn't it much easier to save in normal mode? Only played hard core so i wouldn't know.

The saving system in the original was annoying because saviour schnaps were a scant resource at the time when you needed them most, at the start. Once you get access to an alchemy bench you can make a ton of them but even then if you are roleplaying you need to wait until Henry leans how to read, which can take a bit depending how you go about it. I ended up cheating by checking a youtube video on how to brew saviour schnaps at the alchemy bench since you can do it even if Henry doesn't have the recipe or knows how to read. Only time i basically cheated lke that.

SlamDunk

Arcane
If KCD was bug-free there would not be any bad things to say about the save game system.

What comes to role-playing games I stand behind this ye olden statement:

8lmc8i.webp

Harthwain

Magister
Indeed. Being able to reload effortlessly makes combat and stealing less tense experience.

Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
However I am afraid that using Daggerfall - one of the most buggy RPGs ever - as an example of why people should not rely on the saved games too much is perhaps not all that persuasive.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
If I was Embracer I would never meddle in W's creative work except one thing - I'd force them to implement a complex difficulty options system.

From a commercial PoV you can't piss off journalists and normies with non-retarded systems like the schnapps. They require their dumbery-downery, they feel lost without it. So in the Normal difficulty you can save and load anytime, you don't need to eat or drink or maintain your gear, you don't need to do anything except press a button and something awesome happens. Journos and other flatbrains happily squeal, 10/10s wall-to-wall, ten milion copies sold in the first month and for their next game Embracer will drown Warhorse in money. Win-win for everyone.

Well, it was a beautiful dream.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Noice.

It's weird tho they haven't implemented save transfers.

For example Mutt is optional in KCD1, not to mention tons of interactions with Hans. Are Henry and Hans gonna reminisce about their bath in a whorehouse? What about us helping Hans woo Karolina in the DLC?

So Warhorse will either force people into outcomes they haven't opted for in the first game or they won't mention KCD events and interactions at all, which will be weird considering both games are literally back-to-back, timeline-wise.

Harthwain

Magister
So Warhorse will either force people into outcomes they haven't opted for in the first game or they won't mention KCD events and interactions at all, which will be weird considering both games are literally back-to-back, timeline-wise.
This is pretty standard for these kind of games though.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Is it?

Afaik tons of RPGs have save imports, especially ones following the life story of a single char like Shephard or Geralt.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Yes, gone are the times of Mass Effect 3 that acknowledged thousands of choices from earlier parts of the trilogy, sometimes with just a piece of additional dialogue and sometimes by entire plotlines being included or excluded from the game.

Besides let us remember that all those thousands of choices ultimately lead to red, green or blue ending, none of them satisfactory.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Is it?

Afaik tons of RPGs have save imports, especially ones following the life story of a single char like Shephard or Geralt.
In Wicher the save transfers usually had minimal effect and your choices from previous games rarely counted.

No matter who you choose in Witcher 1, you are still waking up next to Triss in Foltest's camp in Witcher 2. No matter if you end W2 as lovebirds with Triss, you still break up with her before W3.

I think the most significant result of your choices in W2 that is being recognized is the appearance or lack thereof of Letho for the Battle of Kaer Morhen.

Harthwain

Magister
Is it?

Tons? Some of them did (with Mass Effect and The Witcher being the prime examples), but even there your personal choices didn't amount to much (often a line of dialogue or two, at best). Some choices were even disregarded completely, despite importing the saves. So, yeah, I stand by what I said. Let's not make it into something more than it actually was.

Yes, gone are the times of Mass Effect 3 that acknowledged thousands of choices from earlier parts of the trilogy, sometimes with just a piece of additional dialogue and sometimes by entire plotlines being included or excluded from the game.

Besides let us remember that all those thousands of choices ultimately lead to red, green or blue ending, none of them satisfactory.
Such is the fate of narrative-driven games/plot, sadly.

Maxie

Wholesome Chungus
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Such is the fate of narrative-driven games/plot, sadly.
Still it would be cool if KCD2 recognized if we saved Johanka from the inquisitor, romanced Theresa, befriended Hans etc. etc. Even with additional scene or dialogue.
Not at all. A game is a self-contained experience, not a soap opera. Save transfer fuckery weakens your bones and muscles, and even playing as the same character in BG2 and meeting the same people was a massive hit to the gamers' testosterone. Hence gay shit in following BioWare productions.

Game responsibly, kings. If you see some deep & mature choice & consequence bullshit, refrain from reading the prompts, unless you're aware which option lets you kill more shit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom