Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Kingdom Come: Deliverance II announced, coming this year

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Would it?
Yes, absolutely.
Especially trade-heavy cities in those times were a lot less culturally isolated than people nowadays sometimes seem to think.

Not a US-style melting pot of various ethnicities and cultures all occuptying the same spaces, jobs, etc. of course.
That would be Witcher-series levels of nonsense, applying modern day New York to some medieval scenario.
But instead mostly traders and scholars, who are known to have travelled Europe and recorded their thoughts, bringing them back to their own cultures. Meeting such a person + their attachments wouldn't be crazy at all.
Maybe some Middle Eastern or Asian trader who ended up being stuck in the besieged city? Wouldn't surprise me.

It would be a wonderful chance to have some actually historical diversity and not the Hollywood "message".
I have lived most of my life in one of the largest Czech cities and seeing a black person or even an Arab on the street is something that would happen maybe once a year, in the 21st century mind you. So I have my doubts about people in 15th century Bohemia, even in Prague, ever meeting non-whites other than gypsies. Prague is not a Mediterranean port city.
I call BS on your story:
https://migrant-integration.ec.euro...nalysis-situation-immigrants-living-prague_en
More than 190,000 foreign nationals were living in Prague in the summer 2017, making up almost 15% of the total population of the city. This represents more than 3 times the national average.
So in "other large cities", you can probably expect 5-10% and something <5% in rural areas. And a good share of that will undoubtedly be Arab and/or otherwise PoC.
And that was almost 10 years ago, too! By now, I'd expect higher numbers across the board.
Then again, maybe you just never go out or somehow always see the same <100 people on the street or never venture into or close to the "foreign quarters", who knows. Even in Berlin you can (theoretically) live a life barely ever meeting a non-caucasian person, if you so desired for whatever odd reason.

A trade city in 140X doesn't have to be a port city to see a few "exotic looking" foreigners every now and again.
Especially considering Bohemia's influence in the game's time period. Double especially due to Kuttenberg being one of the most critical trade centers due to its mines.
A more rare occurrance than in Venice, sure, but not at all out of scope for the game.
All I'm saying is: Could be in the game and wouldn't be crazy out of place, nor would it be pandering.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Would it?
Yes, absolutely.
Especially trade-heavy cities in those times were a lot less culturally isolated than people nowadays sometimes seem to think.

Not a US-style melting pot of various ethnicities and cultures all occuptying the same spaces, jobs, etc. of course.
That would be Witcher-series levels of nonsense, applying modern day New York to some medieval scenario.
But instead mostly traders and scholars, who are known to have travelled Europe and recorded their thoughts, bringing them back to their own cultures. Meeting such a person + their attachments wouldn't be crazy at all.
Maybe some Middle Eastern or Asian trader who ended up being stuck in the besieged city? Wouldn't surprise me.

It would be a wonderful chance to have some actually historical diversity and not the Hollywood "message".
I have lived most of my life in one of the largest Czech cities and seeing a black person or even an Arab on the street is something that would happen maybe once a year, in the 21st century mind you. So I have my doubts about people in 15th century Bohemia, even in Prague, ever meeting non-whites other than gypsies. Prague is not a Mediterranean port city.
I call BS on your story:
https://migrant-integration.ec.euro...nalysis-situation-immigrants-living-prague_en
More than 190,000 foreign nationals were living in Prague in the summer 2017, making up almost 15% of the total population of the city. This represents more than 3 times the national average.
So in "other large cities", you can probably expect 5-10% and something <5% in rural areas. And a good share of that will undoubtedly be Arab and/or otherwise PoC.
And that was almost 10 years ago, too! By now, I'd expect higher numbers across the board.
Then again, maybe you just never go out or somehow always see the same <100 people on the street or never venture into or close to the "foreign quarters", who knows. Even in Berlin you can (theoretically) live a life barely ever meeting a non-caucasian person, if you so desired for whatever odd reason.

A trade city in 140X doesn't have to be a port city to see a few "exotic looking" foreigners every now and again.
Especially considering Bohemia's influence in the game's time period. Double especially due to Kuttenberg being one of the most critical trade centers due to its mines.
A more rare occurrance than in Venice, sure, but not at all out of scope for the game.
All I'm saying is: Could be in the game and wouldn't be crazy out of place, nor would it be pandering.
Hey dumbass, this thread is about the game itself.
Most of the foreigners in CZ are vietnamese, poles, slovaks, some russians, romanians and ukrainians.
I'm sure a czech codexer such as thesecret1 can fill you in more.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Hey dumbass, this thread is about the game itself.
Hey dumbass, welcome to the Codex.
We derail here. And sometimes, things get moved to other topics.
It's fine, no need to get your panties in a twist.

Most of the foreigners in CZ are vietnamese, poles, slovaks, some russians, romanians and ukrainians.
Yes, duh, most are. But not all, which is the point.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Everyone who loves NIGGERS this much deserves their deathly love aka to be raped to death by pack of friendly negroes. Kill nigger suckers first

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Except for the Cumans in the first game throwing around present-day 21th century insults in present-day Hungarian. As a Hungarian, I found that strangely offputting and comical in equal amounts.
Now is the chance to ask - is it an accepted fact in Hungary that the Cumans even spoke anything resembling Hungarian?

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
The greater amount of funding for the sequel allowed Warhorse to adopt motion-capture technology, and they hired Josh Sawyer as the model for Henry. :M
We know he was a big fan of theirs, we have pictures. Maybe they did it as a homage, and there will be a closeted gay monk modelled after Josh somewhere, who will sing in a choir.

Minecrawler

Educated
Daughters of Mars is funny, because at the game's time a lot of women actually fought in armies (both on defense and offense), probably most groups had female warriors. Of course it pertained to less professionalized armies, where the overall average combat skills were rather low so women were adequate in these. Some got to even command armies (well, I know Boudicca at least).

So you have most of Europe with women in armies in various amounts, some armies had quite a lot of them.

And of all of possibilities they chose the most professionalized army in Europe which had no women at all and added a bunch of female units so you get to fill equality quota.

Just fucking why.
They have to target what's popular.

As they like to say, while issuing bans left and right to everyone tired of their bs:
"Total War games are historically authentic, not historically accurate"

I think historical representation of women in tribal warfare was fine in RTW I:
https://totalwar.fandom.com/wiki/Screeching_Women

Maybe not 100% accurate, but pretty authentic.

I call BS on your story:
Hombre, this isn't Germany (And even Germany wasn't a multiracial society a century ago). Half of my family is counted as "foreign nationals". Most of the foreigners are Slovaks, Ukrainians, and other white ethnicities. You are not gonna meet Arabs on the street in Brno, Ostrava, Pilsen, and all the other cities besides Prague.

Edit: Anyway, if there's one Arab trader in the game, it's not an affront to historicity. I am just saying that the population was easily 99.9% white, since even modern Czechia is very racially homogenous. The only truly exotic group is the Vietnamese, who ended up here during communism a few decades ago.

Last edited:

Rincewind

Magister
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Except for the Cumans in the first game throwing around present-day 21th century insults in present-day Hungarian. As a Hungarian, I found that strangely offputting and comical in equal amounts.
Now is the chance to ask - is it an accepted fact in Hungary that the Cumans even spoke anything resembling Hungarian?
I'm not that well-versed in history, but they were basically mercenaries of Mongoloid origin and had their own language that was similar to Turkish. Naturally, there was a lot of conflicts between the Cumans and the local population after their introduction to Hungary. Eventually, they took up Christianity, learned Hungarian, and assimilated, but that was probably a slow process.

All in all, I'd find it more likely for the Cumans in the game to speak their own native language among themselves during these raids.

Well, or at least not 21st century Hungarian slang :)

AwesomeButton

Patron
I'm not that well-versed in history, but they were basically mercenaries of Mongoloid origin and had their own language that was similar to Turkish
I know they spoke a Turkic language, that's why it seems weird to me they would just be dubbed in Hungarrian in the game. I know Hungarians settled in Pannonia in the mid 10th century, and have nothing to do with Cumans. I'm wondering if these Hungarian-speaking Cumans in KCD is something KCD came up with, or is it confirmed bysome historical source.

NotSweeper

Educated
The Amerigolem is so completely and utterly subverted by the Jew he is literally incapable of imagining a homogenous society.
Incredible stuff.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
- Just put a few black people in there, after all Bohemia is closer to Africa than me to Tennessee
- Haha, yeah it's not far, haha

Americans.
Retarded Olympics gold medal. #1 nigger worshipers. Urban middle class midwit American cucks and their look alikes in my and every country make me physically sick. I want to smash their stupid face into ground and keep pounding and pounding. Hate them infinitely

AwesomeButton

Patron
"Kingdom Come: Deliverance 2 will be twice as big"
giphy.gif

Cheesedragon117

Educated
As usual, the 'dex has extreme trouble differentiating between black guy (politically-motivated) and black guy (innocuous, he's just black).

The Amerigolem is so completely and utterly subverted by the Jew he is literally incapable of imagining a homogenous society.
Incredible stuff.
Ha, I'm going to have to start using that one.

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Unless the negro is flawlessly integrated with a solid backplot WHY is he in bohemia of all places, then anything else will feel like a forced diversity hire/npc. Extraordinary claims needs extraordinary evidence, or in this case a backplot as solid as Biden penis when he see that 12 year old girl showering alone.

V17

Educated
Would it?
Yes, absolutely.

I call BS on your story:

Hombre, this isn't Germany (And even Germany wasn't a multiracial society a century ago). Half of my family is counted as "foreign nationals". Most of the foreigners are Slovaks, Ukrainians, and other white ethnicities. You are not gonna meet Arabs on the street in Brno, Ostrava, Pilsen, and all the other cities besides Prague.
In the spirit of arguing on the internet, I disagree with both of you.

I disagree with Spectral Pontifex (with the quoted part, not the second part) because I definitely do meet Arabs on the streets of Brno with some regularity, but the dudes are usually rather westernized in their looks, just brownish, so it's only obvious with their women in hijabs. An Arab doctor lives two floors below me. Black people are "common" enough that I do meet a couple every day when I walk through the city, there's a ton of Indians and some non-Vietnamese Asians here and there as well. In general cities with universities tend to have foreigners from all areas, though in Brno it's definitely supported by a large tech sector that employs foreigners, so it's more cosmopolitan than the other cities mentioned. But even in Brno when my friend had a black classmate, he was literally being called "black Dave" by his friends because his skin color was by far his most distinct feature (and because he was not a retard who would get offended by that).

That said, thesheep is an obvious retard too lazy to find out the difference between Prague plus a few university cities and the rest of the country. The difference in diversity between Prague or Brno and an average <100k inhabitants town is staggering. It is not uncommon that you would have literally one black dude in a city of 50k that half of the town would know as "the black dude". It is normal that in 20k towns the only people with a non-european ethnicity are a couple Vietnamese people. Czechia outside of cities really is incredibly homogenous. It is quite possible that there are no black people in Kuttenberg today. I certainly did not meet any when I last visited.

Then again, I still implicitly trust Warhorse's dedication towards accuracy until proven otherwise.

Rincewind

Magister
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Well, there's this old Finnish joke.

Two people in Helsinki are talking.
"—Have you seen *the* black guy today?"

The situation is pretty much the same here in Brisbane too, btw. Quite a few of Asians and Indians, but I see like only one or two black guys every few months on the streets or on public transport. And I had exactly *one* black colleague here in 13 years (and just for a few months).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom