Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News King Arthur: Legion IX standalone expansion releasing on May 9th

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: King Arthur: Legion IX; NeocoreGames

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/2739830/view/4197991893252983358

We're happy to announce the release date of our upcoming tactical RPG, King Arthur: Legion IX: it will be available on Steam first in about a month, more precisely on May 9, 2024! The game is set on the very same Avalon you might know from King Arthur: Knight's Tale, but instead of Mordred, it follows Gaius Julius Mento, the tribune of the infamous Legion IX.

You can enjoy this game as a standalone experience, however, if you missed out on Knight's Tale, now is a great time to learn more about it as it's on sale (60% off) on the Steam Turn-based Festival.

So that you can really get into the mood properly, we have also prepared an announcement date trailer!

A new threat looms over Avalon as the long-lost, infamous Ninth Legion of Rome has set foot on the mythical island. Their commander, the fallen hero, Gaius Julius Mento was granted a demonic legion by their dead emperor, Septimus Sulla to find a way out of Tartarus. But when they accidentally arrive to the magical realm of the Lady of the Lake, Gaius Julius Mento decides to subjugate the island and establish Eternal Rome there. First, however, he must gather his lost legion…

Main Features:

A Role-playing Tactical Adventure
  • Experience a unique hybrid between turn-based tactical games and traditional, character-centric RPGs. Manage and control a party of 5-6 heroes to explore and conquer the land of Avalon. Engage in deep tactical combat, tough moral choices, hero management, and the rebuilding of Nova Roma.
Prove Your Worth as a Tactician
  • Every little move and every decision matters. Use covers, traps, flanking and an in-depth overwatch and opportunity system and turn the entire battlefield to your advantage like a master tactician. Sometimes meticulous planning, sometimes charging simply to combat will be the key to victory. The only difference between a successful or a failed quest may depend on the composition of your party only!
Heroes Straight from the Abyss
  • Legion IX introduces six unique heroes who have risen from the Abyss to conquer the mythical land of Avalon. Level up, gain skill points and unlock unique skill trees. Loot, equip and craft hundreds of artefacts and create the deadliest fighting force that has ever set foot on Avalon.
Wide Variety of Abilities
  • Use unique skills, Ultimate Skills and World Abilities to overcome the toughest challenges during your quests in Avalon. Take risks and explore various tactical options as heroes don't face permanent death at the end of the missions. Test your skills in different difficulty modes, from laid-back storytelling to brutal, unforgiving battles.
Not Built in a Day
  • Build up and expand the city of Nova Roma. Make sure that your stronghold has the right facilities for your heroes that prepare them for different quests. But beware! Resources are scarce and you have to manage Nova Roma thoughtfully to keep it afloat.
Regain Your Humanity
  • Your decisions have far-reaching consequences, influencing both gameplay and narrative. Through your actions, Gaius will either restore his humanity, or forever be transformed into a demon.
Make sure to put King Arthur: Legion IX on your wishlist before launch. As for the base game, Knight's Tale has recently received the 2.0 overhaul and numerous improvements, so make sure to check it out if you haven't. Thank you for your support!​

entr0py

Scholar
Started playing the base game, King Arthur: Knight's Tale recently after the 2.0 update and man it is a blast! Great tactical game with pretty well-balanced classes, I have found myself using very different team comps as the game progressed and with the 2.0 rebalance patch apparently they managed to make things a bit more balanced with less of a difficulty spike across the chapters, though I still found the end of chapter 3 much harder than the subsequent last chapter where your team actually comes into full power by unlocking the last tier of skills which can make encounters less deadly for your team if you are predominantly using mages and sages.
Also I love the fact that the game throws you into combat after combat with minimal distractions, I really don't need additional game elements if the core gameplay is this good.
My only small gripe with the game was that I felt the tactical options would be even more diverse with a 5-person team instead of a 4-person one, and looking at the Steam screenshots of Legion IX the base party size seems to be 5 this time around, so thats a massive win in my book! :incline:
Graphics is also pretty alright, not ugly by any means even though we can say that the environment is rather bare-bones, but again the core mechanics are just that good, that I would rate this game very highly right now. Definitely going to buy the new expansion on Day1, and hope devs will keep on iterating on and refining the already working formula!

:d1p: :takemymoney:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom