Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Company News Is Troika Dead?

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Jed said:
Exitium said:
I understand that you dislike my opinion these days because it's not the same as yours. Tough shit, buddy.
Nice attempt to bait and switch, buddy, but deleting posts and giving everyone "Dumbfuck" ranks have nothing to do with "opinion." You are an attention whore who is abusing his admin privileges to the detriment of this site, and that's me being generous to you.

Good job derailing the thread yet again with your bullshit, Jed. Things with you never change, do they?

Yeah, I gave Ave a dumbfuck rank, too, because he earned it when he tried to excuse all of Bloodlines' multitude of issues by saying 'every other game has bugs too!'. Takes a stroke of genius to come up with that one. But when Saint gives the dumbfuck rank to Sarvis, that's okay, right?

As for deleting posts, what the hell are you talking about?

I think Volourn was spot on when he called you a hypocrite.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Volourn, they don't give it to you because thhat's what you want, man."

Who says I *really* want it? Maybe I just say i do knwoing then they won't give it to me. Reverse psyhcology works!

Why do you think I call myself stupid. If I say it it lessens the ffect when others do.

I win either way. :P

Kamaz

Pahris Entertainment
Developer
And BACK on topic, again:

Yes, we can be pretty sure that owners of Bloodlines are 'pwned' since it is a fact that Bloodlines team got laid off (and not got laid) and it means no patches. Thats pretty sad, since Bloodlines could use some patching, mostly engine optimization. On the other hand, there will be some fanmade patches, that is pretty sure as well. And Bloodlines was worth a buy, IMO. Its pretty solid RPG experience even with its flaws.

Concerning people who worked for Troika - yes, they are in trouble, but if there is no money to pay, what else is left to do? Yeah, troika bosses mismanaged, maybe they are better game developers than managers, if there is no money, there is no money. I dont think Leon and his pals are felling too good about that..plus, they certainly do have some finance troubles as well. They all are in the shit, imo.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
I hope Activision shows Bloodlines a little more love than they showed for Battlezone 2 and hire some temps to upgrade the Bloodlines engine with whatever performance boosts are offered by the latest Source build. They owe us customers that, at the very least. But that's just a fantasy. :(

Sheriff05

Liturgist
Exitium said:
Yeah, I gave Ave a dumbfuck rank, too, because he earned it when he tried to excuse all of Bloodlines' multitude of issues by saying 'every other game has bugs too!'. Takes a stroke of genius to come up with that one. But when Saint gives the dumbfuck rank to Sarvis, that's okay, right?

No, you gave it him because you didn't like the fact he pointed out your never ending slew of contridictions. Saint didn't give Sarvis the dumbfuck title because he felt personally attacked. He gave it to him because he was actually being a idiot.
You might not like what RP or Ave said but neither are idiots. Secondly what the fuck is up with you giving your little bitch Nicolai a custom rank and avatar?. This after you lobby VD to un-ban him for posting shit that would get him a permanent ban from every other public site in existence?, Rex you are so far out of line here it's already retardo land get your shit fucking shit together and stop abusing your privledges. Is it that hard for you to act like your not 14?

Shagnak

Shagadelic
Exitium said:
I hope Activision shows Bloodlines a little more love than they showed for Battlezone 2

Why, what happened to Battlezone 2?

(I bought that game, but didn't really have an eye on what happened support-wise etc. It seemed to go, had a couple of huge mods, err..than I lost interest.) :?

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Shagnak said:
Exitium said:
I hope Activision shows Bloodlines a little more love than they showed for Battlezone 2

Why, what happened to Battlezone 2?

(I bought that game, but didn't really have an eye on what happened support-wise etc)

Well, it was pretty damn buggy from the get go, some graphics cards wouldn't run it properly and such. It took Activision half a year (or longer) to fix it up and by then people had stopped playing the game, and sales were poor.

Worse still, even though Pandemic was hard at work on the patch and kept sending Activision new builds, Activision just never QA'd them fast enough to publish them. The patch that Activision finally released was one of the earlier builds that Pandemic had sent them, so the latest version of Pandemic's work was never released.

The game really took a beating.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
In regard to that moral issue of the proletariat getting fired for management's mistakes, I think that employees share some blame for their sad predicament. After all, if they did a better job overall: better design, less bugs, especially the ones that are in your face - the unskippable opening cutscene, for example, then Bloodlines could have sold much better, and Activision would have been begging Troika to make another one of those nifty RPG Shooters instead of cutting them loose.

M0rphz0rz

Novice
Kamaz said:
Yes, we can be pretty sure that owners of Bloodlines are 'pwned' since it is a fact that Bloodlines team got laid off (and not got laid) and it means no patches.
Why is everyone so sure that the entire Bloodlines team got fired? Because Rex and others keep repeating it? Steve Moret is still working for Troika (according to a post made by zhuge on Atari's ToEE boards), and if I'm not mistaken, he's a member of the Bloodlines team. Get your facts straight, people.

Shagnak

Shagadelic
@Exitium: OKay, never knew all that (quick posting by the way..I was still editing my post!)

I bought it when it was dirt cheap (bargain bin), so the last patch was prolly already out. Seemed fine on my system - but I guess by the time I played it, it was too late for the developer to recoup any real money from it. It was about a third the orig price by then!

Kamaz

Pahris Entertainment
Developer
still ON TOPIC:

Why is everyone so sure that the entire Bloodlines team got fired? Because Rex and others keep repeating it? Steve Moret is still working for Troika (according to a post made by zhuge on Atari's ToEE boards), and if I'm not mistaken, he's a member of the Bloodlines team. Get your facts straight, people.
Sorry, I thought it is pretty much confirmed fact since it was what that employee said - all the blo team is been laid off. Plus, MCA kinda confirmed that. If that iwasnt true, I'd be just happy.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
M0rphz0rz said:
Kamaz said:
Yes, we can be pretty sure that owners of Bloodlines are 'pwned' since it is a fact that Bloodlines team got laid off (and not got laid) and it means no patches.

According to David Marsh (and this can be verified, just look at MCA's post), everyone on the Bloodlines team with the exception of Steve was fired. The three people who are currently working at the company are the founders and Steve.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
M0rphz0rz said:
Why is everyone so sure that the entire Bloodlines team got fired?
I have no reason to doubt MCA's words. And it's laid off, not fired.

My understanding was that Troika still has people working in their offices, although at last count, I had heard it was the three founders and a senior programmer. I do know that there have been a number of resumes from Troika employees being sent out, and I know some of the more prominent members have already taken jobs elsewhere.

Sheriff05

Liturgist
Exitium said:
You're too harsh on Nico. Just keep your knickers on, okay? He doesn't mean any harm, and I'm not abusing any of my priviledges. Don't you find his deputy05 rank funny?

Actually it is funny as the Deputy always eats the Sheriff's shit :D

Sheriff05

Liturgist
Exitium said:
What's the difference?

The difference comes up when you go to look for another job, it makes a big difference to a future potential employer. People in the gaming industry get laid off as often as they change socks.

now your deleting your own posts WTF??

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Sheriff05 said:
now your deleting your own posts WTF??

It was for your eyes only, go check your private messages. I don't need people to derail this thread by responding to something they dont need to be responding to.

For the record I haven't deleted anyone's posts since the Patrick debacle.

xemous

Arcane
Exitium said:
I hope Activision shows Bloodlines a little more love than they showed for Battlezone 2 and hire some temps to upgrade the Bloodlines engine with whatever performance boosts are offered by the latest Source build. They owe us customers that, at the very least. But that's just a fantasy. :(

I hope Activision just accepts that blooodlines is a peice of shit and wastes no more time with it. As for the people that actually bought it without waiting for real reviews your all DUMBFUCKS and deserve your shitty product.

M0rphz0rz

Novice
Concerning the stuff David March is supposed to have said - "Everyone got layed off etc." - those were not his own words. And as fair as I can see, he doesn't mention Steve Moret or the other people that ARE still working for Troika anywhere.

MCA is just quoting from hearsay ("It is my understanding blabla ...). Sure, it seems pretty clear that something is afoot (people sending resumes and so on), but since Chris doesn't work at Troika, he wouldn't necessarily know what exactly is going on there.

Until Troika releases an official statement, none of these so-called "facts" should be taken for granted.

DemonKing

Arcane
xemous said:
I hope Activision just accepts that blooodlines is a peice of shit and wastes no more time with it. As for the people that actually bought it without waiting for real reviews your all DUMBFUCKS and deserve your shitty product.

Bloodlines isn't that bad...sure on release there was an unacceptable game-stopping bug and there are some design quibbles. but overall the storyline, dialog, voice-acting and graphics are pretty impressive, IMO.

Definately my favourite Troika game.

xemous

Arcane
awful

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom