Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

inXile General Discussion Thread

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
InXile would probably do a better job.

You disagree? Wasteland 3 is easily better than anything Obsidian has put out in the last decade.
thatsalowbar.jpg

It is. My original post was stating that InXile would probably make a better New Vegas sequel than Obsidan would. I'm not sure why anyone would disagree.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
I think they've mostly been supporting WL3 since the acquisition. Whatever else they have in the pipeline has to be in very early stages.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I think they've mostly been supporting WL3 since the acquisition. Whatever else they have in the pipeline has to be in very early stages.
Chad Moore joined in January 2019, Jason Anderson joined two months later in March. They've been working on their new thing for about 3 years. Covid slowed down things of course. It'd be peculiar if it's not out in late 2023 or 2024 though.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Chad Moore joined in January 2019, Jason Anderson joined two months later in March. They've been working on their new thing for about 3 years. Covid slowed down things of course. It'd be peculiar if it's not out in late 2023 or 2024 though.

Yeah but typical Fargo formula so far was to work on one thing and have couple of dudes shoot the shit and generate concepts for the next one, I doubt it was full speed into production until Wasteland DLCs were wrapped.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Yeah but typical Fargo formula so far was to work on one thing and have couple of dudes shoot the shit and generate concepts for the next one, I doubt it was full speed into production until Wasteland DLCs were wrapped.
The Wasteland 3 DLCs were so awful, they were clearly phoned in by a skeleton crew. Almost everyone had already moved on.

Dodo1610

Arcane
Funny InXile actually talks about their unannounced game while Obsidian hasn't mentioned Avowed in over 2 years

Last edited:

Diggfinger

Arcane
So Chad Moore just posted a pic of the InXile team working on the new secret steam-punk (cough cough not Arcanum) RPG.
They gave the Microsoft staff a sneak peak at what they're working on.
Obviously release is far away, and the game was not shown at the recent MS expo (showed only games 12 months away from release).

Jup. Everyone's here. Fargo, and fourth person from the left ---> is Jason Anderson (beard).

Diggfinger

Arcane
More like a spiritual successor, I believe Activision owns the Arcanum IP.

Just learned its codenamed Project Cobolt

rumor_3584483b.jpg

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Is there a real chance this could be Arcanum 2? That would be pretty big shoes to fill and I have doubts Inxile could do it.

It'll be a "spiritual sequel" like how Torment: Tides of Numenera was a "spiritual sequel" to Planescape: Torment.

...but hopefully it'll be at least decent this time.

Codex Year of the Donut
Is there a real chance this could be Arcanum 2? That would be pretty big shoes to fill and I have doubts Inxile could do it.
Well, Microsoft does own Activision now and Activision *is* the rights holder for Arcanum.
you expect Fargo to scrap everything they've built so far and restart the development as "Arcanum 2"?
a lot of games have been quickly repurposed as licensed titles just because they got access to a certain IP

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
a lot of games have been quickly repurposed as licensed titles just because they got access to a certain IP
I don't see them doing that here. It's not like Arcanum is some hot property, plus Tim called dibs. Fargo really liked Cain (he spent hours trying to talk him into not quitting Interplay), I can't picture him undercutting him.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Bio turned Battleground:Infinity into BG and it wasn't like they were vets at the time so anything is possible. FYI, it wasn't like WL or BT were hot properties. Neither was D&D when Bio did it. In fact, interplay D&D titles were bombing and interplay was getting desperate. If it is ARC2 (it's not) hopefully it is not an insulting remake/sequel Ala BG3.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom