Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

IntraGalactic League of Sims

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
logic.jpg

Monte Carlo

Liturgist
My Frasier D20 conversion is fantastic. Everybody creates a character who is a member of the urban haute-bourgeoisie in late 20th Century America.

My 21st Level Radio Psychiatrist has to use all of his Persuasion and CUS (Contemporary Urban Snobbery) feats, plus his high Fame skill rating to book a table at Seattle's most prestigious new French restaurant. Meanwhile, he has to evade his 12th Level Slutty Producer cohort who wants him to date her friend. This adventure is a blast. Especially as his father (Retired Cop, Level 22) has booked a table at Denny's instead.

Oh, and it uses epic level rules.

I tried to get it going over on the old Eric Noah boards, but the guys there didn't get it. It was all "orcs this and sorcerers that!" :: sigh ::

Cheers
MC

DrattedTin

Liturgist
Just to enlighten you guys: "Simming" is a fancy word for people acting out their fantasies about celebrities or well-known TV/Movie characters.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
::Rolls up a Frasier Character::

Aha! My level 19 ADHD Tourette Sufferer with a severe case of Coprolalia assaults Optimus Prime with a verbal onslaught worthy of Mister T having a bad day on the set of the A Team, before falling over and twitching uncontrollably on the floor of the restaurant.

Sammael

Liturgist
DrattedTin said:
Just to enlighten you guys: "Simming" is a fancy word for people acting out their fantasies about celebrities or well-known TV/Movie characters.
So it's one step above furries in the geek hierarchy? Gah.

Spazmo

Erudite
Optimus Prime turns into the truck form and then picks up DarkUndie's Tourette's sufferer and sets off down the highway. Three weeks later, in Columbia, Optimus sells DU to a deep jungle cocaine production facility and returns to Caracas where he blows the money on whores. They all carry a variety of pustulent, oozing STDs, but Optimus doesn't care because he's a giant robot.

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
Here's your ticket for a trip down memory lane.

Official Transformers site

Transformers.net

Transformers Archive

I remember the Christmas where i got the Optimus Prime and Megatron action figures. I cried out of joy. It had a double emotional value: on one hand it was one of my most wanted Christmas presents ever, and on the other, we were in a financial hole at the time and those figures were very expensive and i appreciated my parent's gesture.

Hell if i remember what i did to the figures >.>

The End.

Voss

Erudite
Sammael said:
DrattedTin said:
So it's one step above furries in the geek hierarchy? Gah.

Step down, I think.
Furries kick ass.
:lol:

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
[ooc]
Dammit Spazmo! You've gone and killed my character again! I hate when you do that.
[/ooc]

::Rolls up an Autobot::

I'm questing for Energon cubes. Who's with me?

[ooc]
You know, I also never figured why a bunch of robots on another planet would want to turn into trucks. I mean, on a planet that's full of robots that turn into trucks, how is being in truck form "robots in disguise"? I mean, every other bloody truck on the planet is a robot, and really, it's not that hard to tell Optimus' big ass truck from one of the other piddly trucks. Sheesh. Talk about lack of realism.
[/ooc]

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
I think they sent out a proble or something to scour Earth for things they could transform into. I really didnt matter into what they turned, but i never understood some of the transformations, in terms of size. Once Megatron turned into his usual pistol self, and *shrunk* to fit Soundwave's hands. :shock:

Megatron

Liturgist
I AM MEGATRON mebbe

and he was always that size

I think they were trucks and shit before they landed on earth. Being a vechile would make more sense than most other stuff as a vechile is fast, big and you can race them.

/me turns into a pistol and kills peoples on oil-rig :O

Transcendent One

Liturgist
Role-Player said:
Here's your ticket for a trip down memory lane.

Official Transformers site

Transformers.net

Transformers Archive

I remember the Christmas where i got the Optimus Prime and Megatron action figures. I cried out of joy. It had a double emotional value: on one hand it was one of my most wanted Christmas presents ever, and on the other, we were in a financial hole at the time and those figures were very expensive and i appreciated my parent's gesture.

Hell if i remember what i did to the figures >.>

The End.

Wow they are just as I remember them... not that I can remember much. I think I used to have some action figures. Not sure now. Either way, even if I had them, I cannot imagine where they are now.

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
Ah, the nostalgia. The UK edition (translated) of the comic was what we got here. I had almost every number of it (well, that's probably a stretch), but made the dumb decision to give them all away a couple of years ago. Anyone remember what these guys were called.

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
Yeah, can't remember his name either. I think he was a Decepticon of the same kind as Fortress Maximus (and the later version of Optimus Prime) construction wise, with a human component. Transformed into a scorpion, IIRC.

Jed

Cipher
Azael said:
Ah, the nostalgia. The UK edition (translated) of the comic was what we got here. I had almost every number of it (well, that's probably a stretch), but made the dumb decision to give them all away a couple of years ago. Anyone remember what these guys were called.
I think it might have been one of the Insecticons from around '85 or so generation of the toys.

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
Speaking of nostalgia, while i was looking trough some TF covers, i remembered another TV series i used to watch a lot, Defenders of the Earth. That show with Mandrake, Flash Gordon, The Phantom and some Mr. T clone, Lothar (who i never heard of).

Jed

Cipher
You wanna talk nostalgia? Try Thundarr the Barbarian on for size.
[url=http://www.thundarr.com/index.html:2gj12qpz]thundarr.com[/url] said:
The year 1994: From out of space comes a runaway planet, hurtling between the Earth and the Moon, unleashing cosmic destruction. Man's civilization is cast in ruin.

Two thousand years later, Earth is reborn...

A strange new world rises from the old: a world of savagery, super science, and sorcery. But one man bursts his bonds to fight for justice! With his companions Ookla the Mok and Princess Ariel, he pits his strength, his courage, and his fabulous Sunsword against the forces of evil.

He is Thundarr, the Barbarian!
The original Fallout Fantasy!

Seven

Erudite
Spazmo said:
Optimus kicks back a six pack of energon and starts yelling. "You're going down, Omega Supreme! I'm tired of your candyass snooty shit so EAT MACK TRUCK!" Optimus Prime turns into his giant badass truck form and rams Omega Supreme until Omega falls over. "YEAH HOW D'YOU LIKE THEM APPLES BITCH!" he bellows.

You snotty little upstart, how dare you even think about killing me? Hey, I'm Omega Supreme, that means I'm HUGE, and you're tiny. Get it, well if you don't then get this: All your base are belong to me!!!!!!

Seven

Erudite
XJEDX said:
You wanna talk nostalgia? Try Thundarr the Barbarian on for size.
[url=http://www.thundarr.com/index.html:1x0iibm5]thundarr.com[/url] said:
The year 1994: From out of space comes a runaway planet, hurtling between the Earth and the Moon, unleashing cosmic destruction. Man's civilization is cast in ruin.

Two thousand years later, Earth is reborn...

A strange new world rises from the old: a world of savagery, super science, and sorcery. But one man bursts his bonds to fight for justice! With his companions Ookla the Mok and Princess Ariel, he pits his strength, his courage, and his fabulous Sunsword against the forces of evil.

He is Thundarr, the Barbarian!
The original Fallout Fantasy!

Buddy, I think Rocket Robin Hood owns all of you and yours, sorry, but it had to be said.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom