Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Incursion source code to be released!

getter77

Augur
Head's up---a new release is live, Y12, primarily based around a mass cleanup of things with a hopeful/potential eyes towards getting things actually livened up on the player creation/modding front. In other words:

This specific release is not known to be unstable, but most of the changes included are ones that need to get done to move forward. It is possible that because there were so many, some may have been done in a way that creates new bugs. It is intended that people who wish to, can play with this version and help work out if there are any problems before releasing the next version as a stable one. The next stable release may be done in two versions, the standard release, and a modder's release. If the modder's release interests you, please speak up. It will include the scripts and the ability to recompile the Halls of the Goblin King module, as well as to write your own.

There are no new features being added to releases. If a release is unstable, please download the preceding release and use that instead. I'd like to offer refunds to any purchasers of the problematic release, please proceed to the counter with your receipt. Thank you, come again!

Changes:
  • This release is an interim one. Hundreds of compiler warnings were fixed, and while most were benign explicit type casting, three were bugs. Do not ask me what they were, as I was too stupid to note them down, and they are hidden amongst all the others. These changes are possibly unstable, and might cause this release to be unreliable.
  • I recreated the missing accent compiler compiler source code. This allows changes to the IncursionScript language.
  • Added typing support to the IncursionScript grammar for things like int8, int16 and so forth. Previously all data typing was int32. This was primarily to remove the warnings when compiling the generated IncursionScript engine to game engine method and function call access API code.

Gostak

Educated
Incursion is full of bullshit, especially for warriors. Duodrones (unresistable dex loss every time you hit one in melee), various undead (disease auras, fear effects), enemies spamming you with disarm/grapple/trip attempts until they roll twenties to auto succeed. But they're so damned fun with all the combat options you have, and mages are so damned tedious, doubly so if you're trying to summon things.

Okay, because I found Diablo 1 to be so damn meh, or well - not quite my cup of tea - I remembered good old exceptionally good Incursion.

It always sort of pained me to see some more commits sitting in the repo but no new release having been compiled and uploaded with those.

So, yesterday I finally got to the quest of compiling it once more (this time booting into Windows for it, though because Linux before was much more work and
still left me with something not quite playable, cf. https://forums.roguetemple.com/index.php?topic=3972.msg35983#msg35983 for that foray from nearly ten years ago).

Quest done, some XP gained (or rather lost, I had to drop Windows XP compatibility lol, no loss at all if you ask me).

I'm dubbing it tentatively 0.6.9Y23.

What are/were those commits?
Well, mostly fluff typo and spelling mistake (or in-game help content) corrections but also
some saner behavior of party members when it comes to deciding to start fights willy-nilly.
https://bitbucket.org/rmtew/incursion-roguelike/commits/
Hover over both da411ca and f6cb79c there!

Everything going forward from and including 2016-11-30.
Also, incorporated the one open pull request ( https://bitbucket.org/rmtew/incursion-roguelike/pull-requests/17 ) because it's pretty mandatory
(something made an old method to suppress the casting of some spells by allies lead to crashes with new compiled versions, this PR is a workaround for that, so no real new change except for:
"Harmonized Boots of Thunder wondrous item effect with the item description" there).

I also snuck in an attempted fix for broken ability training ( https://bitbucket.org/rmtew/incursion-roguelike/issues/247/training-luck-doesnt-work but not changing 100 to 99 each but make a > a >= in a related comparison instead) and some more typo corrections where I came across 'em and it was convenient.

Roll on 20s!

EDIT: https://fastupload.io/zk1gvLZIpKYg6fo/file
SHA-256 69b47b930521823be76b024584c8078205d5caa77e5fd0a607f6f0d09fd5c2ae
SHA-512 f71484b715d3c2ae7d17c89a141f2e58d143d28bd65a70bf7dcf3767c65b71b3e98e9b6d12224dd3d4d4a9d118f5519989247df38994ac84da2a7cf409760882

Last edited:

Gostak

Educated
Frick, I just am having a blast continuing a cliff hanger save from yesterday.
That one must be the most sticky situation I ever got myself into in this game with a perceivable chance to get out of it, though of course.

Going into details now would spoil an idea I had even before continuing the save:
Share it as a sort of a chess puzzle-y/ see-and-possibly-share-how-you'd-fare thing.

Let me just say this much: It's a quite epic scene so far (made more epic by blasting the above track on repeat into my ears while
I ponder my best options and hope for good rolls, so far so good)!
And I feel like I have just accomplished the decisive "winning" move in what feels like a nice elaborate, intricate puzzle.
:shredder:

Oh, also bump to make people aware of my edit adding the "0.6.9Y23" version above.

When I know if I have "won" or "lost" I can also upload said save and describe some of the context that I recall about it (and which gets lost when restoring a save because
the message history buffer of the session is not restored).

EDIT: Okay I feel like I made it to safety and tackled that challenge (maybe it was not such a hard one after all and I made it harder on me than necessary? Quite likely).
The save file:
https://fastupload.io/YQ9tN0kB9asYCJq/file

Here's the deal: Strolling around on depth 20m Aust (level 3 elven druid) happens to fall victim to a trapdoor and finds himself prone, stunned and amidst a group of
goblins in a room in depth 30m, there also is a wand lying in this room.
For some reason one of said goblins is peaceful and not hostile, but that one turns out to cause Aust the most trouble.
Because it is this goblin that picks up the "black wand" and decides to blast it. It summons
a hostile very young red dragon less than 30 feet away from Aust!

hf&gl :dance:

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom