Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

IGN claims Obsidian is working on KOTOR 3

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Yep. And Jango Fett gave Obi-Wan a hard time rather easily.

HardCode

Erudite
baby arm said:
I just wrote a script called "The Last Starfighter" and it will blow your mind. I'll let you read it sometime.

"Shoot Alex! Shoooot!"

Chefe

Erudite
Saint_Proverbius said:
If I remember right, it was Han Solo that took Darth Vader out so Luke could destroy the Death Star in the original Star Wars.

Was that in the third one? I only saw the first two, so I don't know.

Anyways, perfect example. As of now, in KOTOR you would only take Luke's path. What I'd like to do is take Han's path (besides, Han is cooler and not some insestuous crybaby).

Fuck the Force.

Sammael

Liturgist
bryce777 said:
Sorry, but if you like these games after all the descriptions I have heard, you can't be much of an rpg fan.
AKA: "I heard it on RPGCodex, so it must be true."

Drone.

Chefe

Erudite
Whipporowill said:
TEH REAL STAR WARZ III WAS JUST MADE!!!111 LOL U MADE A MISTAKE STOOPID HEAD! U WISH U WUZ COOL IKE ME! U KNOW NOTHINGS!

padawans-after.jpg

I GOT JEDI POWAHZ!

I misread. So sue me.

Chefe

Erudite
Oh good one. Then what the hell was this?

Notice the part where he said "original Star Wars", numbnuts? That'd be Episode IV.

Yea, I missed a small part of it. Big fucking deal. The episode number wasn't even remotely relevant to the post. But you, oh great Whipporowill thought "Oh My God, he made a mistake! Despite being completely harmeless and not related to much of anything, I must point it out to prove how much of a man I am!"

Gung ho, Whip.

Whipporowill

Erudite
There's just something about you that brings out the bully in me Chefe. You're like the internet ecsema, you just have to scratch, scratch, scratch - in vain hope of you hightailing it out of here.

Shagnak

Shagadelic
Sammael said:
bryce777 said:
Sorry, but if you like these games after all the descriptions I have heard, you can't be much of an rpg fan.

Drone.
Actually, he generally goes against the norm here. He's not the ultimate fan of Fallout, for example.

Bryce is just a crusty old guy who prefers crusty old RPGs.
Like me. :)

And KOTOR, like most SW games, is vanilla flavoured shit with a shitty fruity background and is akin to eating a chocolate bar with the plastic wrapper still on.
(I'm tempted to put "IMHO" just so you know that my opinion is not "Codex approved" and almost never is, but then Twinfalls will fall upon me from on high with his/her yeasty clitoris and castigate me for stating the obvious)

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Sorry, but if you like these games after all the descriptions I have heard, you can't be much of an rpg fan. At least, they are shit as rpgs, maybe cool if your idea of a fun game is watching storm troopers die and playing jedi dressup"

Says the one who cums at the mere mention of POR2.

Hahahahahahahha.

bryce777

Erudite
Sammael said:
bryce777 said:

Drone.

Wow, you are an idiot. Are you denying that there are critical npcs? Minigames? That the plot is what it is? that the quest consists of find the 4 xs? These are called facts, you fucking idiot.

HardCode

Erudite
Project New Jersey is probably a Sopranos RPG, where you get to run Organized Crime - break legs with baseball bats, stash bodies in the weeds near the Polaski Skyway, get lots of bitches in The Bada Bing, and decide what college your daughter should go to.

bryce777

Erudite
Volourn said:
"Sorry, but if you like these games after all the descriptions I have heard, you can't be much of an rpg fan. At least, they are shit as rpgs, maybe cool if your idea of a fun game is watching storm troopers die and playing jedi dressup"

Says the one who cums at the mere mention of POR2.

Hahahahahahahha.

I have stated, oh, 100 times how much I hated POR2.

I don't know exactly what sort of mental illness you have, but try to be more quiet about it.

Jora

Arcane
bryce777 said:
Wow, you are an idiot. Are you denying that there are critical npcs? Minigames? That the plot is what it is? that the quest consists of find the 4 xs? These are called facts, you fucking idiot.
Are you seriously saying that you know how good the stories, the role-playing options, the quests and everything else in those games is just by reading other people's opinions about them and not playing the games yourself?

Pretty much everything in the first game does indeed suck, but at least I came to that conclusion after actually playing it first. The story and the characters in Sith Lords are of much higher quality although most of the bad design from the first game is still in.

bryce777

Erudite
Jora said:
bryce777 said:
Are you seriously saying that you know how good the stories, the role-playing options, the quests and everything else in those games is just by reading other people's opinions about them and not playing the games yourself?

Pretty much everything in the first game does indeed suck, but at least I came to that conclusion after actually playing it first. The story and the characters in Sith Lords are of much higher quality although most of the bad design from the first game is still in.

All indications point to absolute suckage. I have heard every fucking detail of the games by now. The discontinuity, the way combat works. It all sucks. I am a smart boy, and I have been around a long long time, and learned how to tell between "IT SUCKS!" or "IT ROCKS!" and to look at the actual game elements people are talking about to judge for myself. I think I can say with a fair degree of certainty that these games are total trash.

As I said they may have an intangible wonderfulness to them whether it's playing with lightsabers or whatever, but i am an angry old man and most of that shit does not impress or interest me too much any more.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"I am a smart boy,"

Smart boys don't love POR2. Now go spend some fo your million dollars on brains.

R00fles!

Drakron

Arcane
There are few defendors of KotOR2:TSL ... its a RPG were everything gone wrong.

Actually I think that OE pretty much nailed KotOR3 with that ending, I dont think any company would want to risk making a sequel to something that ends like that game did.

Of course LucasArts dig thenselves with their OK of that script ... so I dont feel sorry for it then in the slightest, the only Star Wars game I am curious about its that RTS one comming out since its from people that worked on C&C.

Stark

Liturgist
bryce777 said:
What is good about them? TEH AWESOME STORY OF THE AWESOME FORCE?

Sorry, but if you like these games after all the descriptions I have heard, you can't be much of an rpg fan. At least, they are shit as rpgs, maybe cool if your idea of a fun game is watching storm troopers die and playing jedi dressup.

I disagree. I've only played Kotor 1 and I think it's a fine crpg. It may not qualify as a great crpg but it is definately a fine one.

I distinctly remember there were moments where i hesitated when making an ingame choice (contrast that to NWN OC where all decisions are no-brainer). Rare those moments may be in Kotor 1, but they were there.

but i am an angry old man and most of that shit does not impress or interest me too much any more.

yeah. i tend to get bitter too. good thing is i have almost no time to play computer game these days. judging by the crpg releases these days i am not missing much.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Stark said:
I disagree. I've only played Kotor 1 and I think it's a fine crpg. It may not qualify as a great crpg but it is definately a fine one.
What's fine about it?

Stark

Liturgist
Vault Dweller said:
Stark said:
What's fine about it?

fine as in "it is not total suckage as was claimed".

I can only speak for Kotor 1 since I only played that. As i elaborated later, there were rare moments where choices we made were not clear cut, and there were no "right" answer.

One instance was when the female jedi (sorry forgot the name) was tortured while Revan was interrogated on the location of the jedi hideout. I actually paused and think before proceeding, which is more than i can say for most other Bioware rpgs that came before it.

It may be the case that, no matter how i choose the response the end results are the same, but keep in mind that it was my first (and only) playthrough, i wasn't sure whatever choice i made actually would make a difference. (I never played it more than once so i can't be sure).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom