Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Historical strategy games where you go from sword to rifles.

flyingjohn

Arcane
So, which strategy games have you experience multiple eras of human history? Not looking for stuff like transition from bronze age to medieval. But, more like civ, where you begin with swords and end in the modern era. Any subgenre will do.
Examples i know:
-Civ and call to power series
-Humankind/Millenia
-Rise of nations and Empire Earth

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Cossacks isn't really a swords-to-guns game, it's firmly set in the gunpowder age of the 17th and 18th centuries.
It goes from pike & shot to jack-of-all-trades musketmen with bayonets, but that's the extent of the technological development you get here.

Baron Tahn

Scholar
Shogun: Total War starts with the arrival of firearms to Japan and you can take factions who either dont have or adopt them over the campaign. Probably a good fit.

Likewise Empire: Total War - while the main factions are all into gunpowder you can take various factions that dont have/get them like First Nations U.S iirc. Might be a bit late for you.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom