Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Hey hey people, it's the SsethTzeentach thread

La vie sexuelle

Learned
I have this on my wishlist on Steam and now my favorite reviewer reviewed it.
It looks quite decent, i think it looks more interesting than that other cultivation game that he did video about.

ACS is amazing. And this game looks amazing too.
Rise of Wuxia games was bound to happen. Like a breath of fresh air.

Insanity is trademark of chinese fantasy.
This type of insanity is what I live for.

Regime of anime is ended, wuxia is the new emperror.

With such a low birth rate, China is also the new Japan too!

NotSweeper

Educated
Cheap, mass produced goods of inferior quality can end up being positives in some cases, like the knives, flash lights and taser I bought at my local chink shop. That's what every chink game Sseth has reviewed reminds me of.
Which is the same reason why his reviews started sucking. You are what you review. Review better games Sseth.

La vie sexuelle

Learned
Cheap, mass produced goods of inferior quality can end up being positives in some cases, like the knives, flash lights and taser I bought at my local chink shop. That's what every chink game Sseth has reviewed reminds me of.
Which is the same reason why his reviews started sucking. You are what you review. Review better games Sseth.

He was funny when he did it from the heart, that is, when he reviewed games that he really liked and had freedom of expression. Now he rides mainly on his narrative skills.

Lhynn

Arcane

He was funny when he did it from the heart, that is, when he reviewed games that he really liked and had freedom of expression. Now he rides mainly on his narrative skills.
He is reviewing genuinely good games though. he just moved on from old games from his childhood, to newer titles and early access stuff with potential.

La vie sexuelle

Learned

He is reviewing genuinely good games though. he just moved on from old games from his childhood, to newer titles and early access stuff with potential.

If you've been playing a game for twenty years, you have to know it well. Early access games are something you come across from time to time. There is no love factor here.
It's not like he didn't show his Chyna affinity earlier

Or cultivation.

Lhynn

Arcane
If you've been playing a game for twenty years, you have to know it well. Early access games are something you come across from time to time. There is no love factor here.
Are you genuinely retarded?

Some of the most creative games in the indie scene come from china nowadays. Yeah, they are rough around the edges, poor translations, bad UI, lacking even the barest of what we consider standard quality of life features today, but they are genuinely creative in a way the west seems incapable to be nowadays. Everything in the west seems derivative, at a cultural level we are not only stagnating, we are degenerating, and it shows in our collective output.

Fate seeker, wandering sword, heroes adventure, tale of wuxia, Ho Tu Lo Shu, path of wuxia, tale of immortal. These are all very unique quality rpgs RPGs, that are rough around the edges but are worth playing.

Are you genuinely retarded?

Some of the most creative games in the indie scene come from china nowadays. Yeah, they are rough around the edges, poor translations, bad UI, lacking even the barest of what we consider standard quality of life features today, but they are genuinely creative in a way the west seems incapable to be nowadays. Everything in the west seems derivative, at a cultural level we are not only stagnating, we are degenerating, and it shows in our collective output.

Fate seeker, wandering sword, heroes adventure, tale of wuxia, Ho Tu Lo Shu, path of wuxia, tale of immortal. These are all very unique quality rpgs RPGs, that are rough around the edges but are worth playing.
While all of us could talk about Eurojank until the inevitable heat death of the universe (and there's multiple threads about this), I think it's time for China to have its own named category of jank. You also forgot The Legend of Sword and Fairy/Chinese Paladin.

I think it's time for China to have its own named category of jank.
junk
junks.jpg

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Sseth in general also seems to like a system based games. A lot of his glowing review of games are game with strong freedom of doing random fun shits. You can see CDDA, Elona, Cave of Qud, Dwarf Fortress reviews for that.

It's just so happen Chinese indie scene are making a lot of this type of games and some of them like ACS and this Chinese Kenshi are also pretty well done game with similar system based focus that can turn hilarious.

Sseth in general also seems to like a system based games. A lot of his glowing review of games are game with strong freedom of doing random fun shits. You can see CDDA, Elona, Cave of Qud, Dwarf Fortress reviews for that.

It's just so happen Chinese indie scene are making a lot of this type of games and some of them like ACS and this Chinese Kenshi are also pretty well done game with similar system based focus that can turn hilarious.
Wtf I love China now... Bing Chilling...

Perkel

Arcane
That Dizzy game fucking broke me. 3 lives for about 20 hour game with pixel perfect platforming and mentioned adventure bring X to Y. I spend like half a year trying to beat it and eventually gave up after my mom once switched off pegasus for the night (chinese nes knockoff without saving capability)

Black

Arcane
Finally something I can relate to.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom