Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Gothic: History of Khorinis - fan-made prequel

MCA
Sounds interesting and who wouldn't want a new game within the same system and setting? I would and do.

What does this mod offer?

New main hero
Khorinis, the Miner Valley and the old mine that weren’t seen before!
Four new worlds
New 3D models
Dubbing
Guns and balistaes
More frequent monster respawn
Ability to use the shield
A lot of treasures to be found
Sub-missions
Humoristic elements
Fighting with two swords
New items
New textures
New guilds and armors
Increased game difficulty
New skills (advanced blacksmith, chef, acquiring water from rivers, lakes, etc.)
And many, many more

The Overall Concept

Myrthana, Vaduz Island, a period shortly before raising the magic barrier and shortly after the beginning of the Ork conflict. Lars lives peacefully with his father, he would have probably spent his entire life on the island as a hunter or a blacksmith, if it wasn’t for a certain event that took place later… 12 magicians come to the island in mysterious circumstances, our here recognizes one of them – it’s Corristo. He remembers him, since he was a child, when Corristo lived in his workshop on a high hill in the center of town. Nobody knows what do the magicians do on the island, but everybody realizes, that they’re planning to continue their journey… After proving himself helpful to one of the magicians Lars is then given the opportunity to go to Khorinis island with them. They want to raise a magic barrier in order to isolate the prisoners from the outside world. The hero will be given various tasks and orders (not only from the magicians), which will prove numerous times to be quite a challenge for a gamer.

Hero and the world

The main hero is a young man, his father is a retired soldier of the royal army who doesn’t want to kill or participate in wars anymore, his mother died soon after son’s birth. Along with his father he has a small blacksmith’s workshop on a hill outside the town. Lars’ father not only teaches him job-related things, but also helps his son in the development of his combat skills. He would like however, that his son found himself some peaceful job and didn’t get involved in any wars. As we wrote in the plot, magicians come to the island, who - after completing their priority task – invite us to cooperate and go to Khorinis with them. What will we find there? An old port as we know it from Gothic 2 will be almost unrecognizable, dozens of ship moored at its quays, sailors, merchants, knights, slaves and travelers will fill up the entire port sector. In addition to this, whole town will be refreshed and expanded. The Khorinis island itself will also look completely different, all burnt houses, ruined structures will be like new, there will be more roads on the island, a few times more people, more farms, taverns and other interesting locations. The Miner Valley will also be different, the Old Camp basically unruined, even more – in an ideal state, the old citadel, and collapsed mines will all come to life. There will be quite a few mines not only in the Miner Valley, but also in Khorinis. Of course not everyone will be allowed to enter the Miner Valley, a special permission will be required. Screens will tell you the rest.

http://soulfire.worldofgothic.com/en

dk_5.jpg

dk_3.jpg

dk_2.jpg

dk_1.jpg

dk_8.jpg

SOULFIRE1.jpg

SOULFIRE12.jpg

SOULFIRE8.jpg

soulfire55.jpg

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
that untextured shot is sweet, sweet eye relief

yes yes I'll be handing in the last piece of my hardcore gamer card now the other shots are probably as beautiful and atmospheric as you say

SoupNazi

When I used to map for Star Wars: Jedi Academy, I always started out with only two textures: light gray (like in that picture) and a light-casting white for light sources. I felt the maps always looked better that way, and that's why I never even finished a single map - I just couldn't bring myself to texture them because they never looked right.

crazyirish

Liturgist
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Proper map texturing is an art form unto itself. Few games ever do a more than adequate job here.

MCA
Check out the other Gothic 2 mods at MODDB. If you can read German, there are finished and released mods as well as WIP ones which look better. English is strangely not a priority to these NAZI son of a bitches.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
This is shit. But maybe PB will make an Enhanced Gothic :incline:

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I played a few German modifications to G2 which were quite good, hopefully this one is as well.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Velaya is probably one of the best/complete G2 mods that offers an extremely substantive campaign. There is an English subtitled version, too.

We would like to present you a new tavern model created specifically for the History of Khorinis modification. This building is state of the southern part of Vaduz island and will play an important role in the game world. Enjoy! ;)

This is shit. But maybe PB will make an Enhanced Gothic :incline:
<facepalm>
facepalm.gif

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
So is there actually a functional beta or alpha or playable version of this?

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Cool, keep up the good work. IMO, looks quite impressive.

Those shots are quite painful to look at. The high contrast textures and lack of ambient lighting destroys the sense of depth in the images, giving you eye strain. Either find a way to have better environmental lighting or find a way to tone down the contrast on those textures

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
To be fair, G2 looks better ingame, and also it's one of the games where distance-fog isn't a bad thing. But yeah, textures are kinda crap.

Murk

Arcane
"Action" shots for G2 never quite workout that well, even in the original game or add-in. The beauty comes from actually seeing it all come together and going through it, otherwise if you take a "clinical" look at it, the game is quite barren and sterile (this can also be seen if you take extreme distance-viewing and climb onto some rather open mountains).

Either way, I'll be stoked to test this out.

o>

krilcebre

Learned
I see people are not very interested in this, but here is some new info for those of you that are. While they said they don't know the exact publishing date yet, they wrote it's gonna be in 2020, so let's hope it's true.

Murk

Arcane
I've been periodically checking on their youtube channel for updates and am still holding out. There's so much effort put into this that I really hope it doesn't go *poof*.

Jinn

Arcane
what are the chances this will ever get done and done good?

Chance are high it's going to get done since this is the first time they've ever committed to even a vague date, and the game looks amazing from what I've seen.

I think it's going to be good.

Turbo normie

Scholar
Can't wait to play it in max difficulty for an unknown reason as I did on Elex. :hero:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom