Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review GameSpy pleased with KOTOR2 (PC)

kumquatq3

Liturgist
Eclecticist said:
So when will KotOR 2 be on shelves?

The date LA was saying was the 5th, which came and went.

The date all the stores were saying is the 8th.

A day or two ago gamestop changed it to the 15th, but I have yet to see anyone else change their date

soooo, basically I don't know

Gromnir

Liturgist
“Which piece of PC hardware customization causes those data entry errors, the workbench glitches, and the AI malfunctions again? Configuration has nothing to do with those issues.”

exactly… which is why THOSE bugs will be addressed and dealt with in the pc version. data entry bugs seen in the xbox version will be fixed. however, there is gonna be loads of new bugs that show up… bugs caused by variations in hardware configs.

got it?

"I haven't seen Grommy troll this much in a long time. Must be cabin fever."

paint a bullseye on your arse and you would get it too.

HA! Good Fun!

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Gromnir's right that most of the bugs seen in the XBOX version would undoubtedly be fixed, but the conversion to PC will no doubt introduce new bugs brought on by hardware configurations and such. It's similar to how KOTOR1 suffered from some sound and motherboard-related glitches prior to being patched to 1.01. That problem certainly didn't exist on the XBOX.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Whining about whining about trolling on the Codex is pretty pathetic.

As is whining about whining about whining about trolling, and the whining about whining about whining about whining about trolling I expect will quickly follow this post."

Okay...

Milktooth

Novice
Spazmo said:
Whining about whining about trolling on the Codex is pretty pathetic.

As is whining about whining about whining about trolling, and the whining about whining about whining about whining about trolling I expect will quickly follow this post.
You're not funny at all, fuck face. Kid, shut the fuck up before someone kicks your teeth in.

Stark

Liturgist
Milktooth,

It's been made abundantly clear that you're trying too hard to fit in and grab attention to the point of bringing embarassment to yourself, whether you realize it or not.

dagamer667

Liturgist
Doesn't sound good at all. Some of the mentioned bugs may be the norm on games made by fine companies such as Valusoft or Jarhead Games, but definitely unacceptable on a game of KOTOR2 caliber.

Also, it's been my experience that the developers are usually reluctant to fix bugs in multiplatform releases. Look at the prince of persia warrior within. It has many game breaking bugs and it still hasn't seen a patch. KOTOR1 PC also had inherited a few of the game (not tech) bugs from the xbox version that were still present after several patches (don't know if they were ever fixed).

Naked_Lunch

Erudite
Milktooth said:
Spazmo said:
Whining about whining about trolling on the Codex is pretty pathetic.

As is whining about whining about whining about trolling, and the whining about whining about whining about whining about trolling I expect will quickly follow this post.
You're not funny at all, fuck face. Kid, shut the fuck up before someone kicks your teeth in.
:roll:

Fez

Erudite
He doesn't need to worry about that because he's a badass.

NeverwinterKnight

Liturgist
although his signature quote is rather funny, in an ironic sort of way. :lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom