Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Games Workshop takes the hatchet to Age of Sigmar, fans are Big Mad (TM)

RaggleFraggle

Ask me about VTM
You bring up homoeroticism but don’t mention space marines and sisters of battle? They’re such low hanging fruit, too.

Hell Swarm

Educated
I always wanted a sisters of battle army (original metals) but I became a racist woman hater and now I want every female model removed from every tabletop game.

NwNgger

Educated
Here's an example of the fan reactions:

5SA6NnN.png
Resin 3D print your minis or perish on the altar of GW's greed.

Baron Tahn

Scholar
AoS is shit, but GW starting this trend is... well, not surprising, but shit nonetheless.

They stealthily axed some 40k stuff as well, the Dark Angel's Lieutenant (lmao, as if DA players haven't been assfucked enough), some Daemon units, and the unsurprising removal of older (better) Combat Patrol boxes.
STARTing this trend? As a GW neckbeard from way back, this always makes me laugh. They axed the entirety of Warhammer Fantasy, doesnt anyone remember?

Unless GW fans are gonna grow a nutsack and demand respect from the company they are going to buy whatever they are told amd they will learn to love it and learn to defend it till the next time they pretend to be upset about something. The reactions that Caim posted are priceless. Next week those people will have the credit card back out.

Hag

Arbiter
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
They axed the entirety of Warhammer Fantasy, doesnt anyone remember?
Let's also remember Space Marine/Titan Legion/Epic 40k, Necromunda, Mordheim, Inquisitor, the Warhammer TTRPG, and probably many others I've forgotten too.

Shig

Novice
STARTing this trend? As a GW neckbeard from way back, this always makes me laugh. They axed the entirety of Warhammer Fantasy, doesnt anyone remember?
As a man who played Counts and Empire, I vaguely recall Fantasy.

It is far from the only line that GW has axed, and it will not be the last. GW is fast at work at killing Kill Team already, by way of making the kits fucking unobtanium. But none of that changes that AoS is a shit setting.

Hell Swarm

Educated
Can people like you please fucking stop? You genuinely discourage people from picking up 3D printing by having this stupid attitude. GW is not the only mini maker in town where your only other option is to pick up a £150 machine and start swimming in toxic fumes. If you want to make an Empire army out of Petty plastics that's a completely viable option and should be encouraged just as much. The hobby USED to have an organic feeling where you would buy minis you liked, base them up suitably and play with them. This stupid 'GW or resin!' mentality is absolutely beyond retarded and you're like a Linux cultist demanding all software be open source or IT'S UNETHICAL.

Stop being a tard. Stop playing GW systems. If you have to play GW systems as it's your only choice then try to use non-GW minis and slowly introduce alternatives if you can.

It is far from the only line that GW has axed, and it will not be the last. GW is fast at work at killing Kill Team already, by way of making the kits fucking unobtanium. But none of that changes that AoS is a shit setting.
It's been like 10 years since Fantasy died and the recent revival is absolutely peak GW fucking their fans. They changed basing sizes on every model. If you have an old army or another game army that used old fantasy base sizes you have to rebase all of them or use awkward movement trays. It's obvious they did to fuck people over and force them to buy a new army or a shit load of bases to use their old stuff. I would have played TOW with my old Orcs and Goblins but they can go suck a smegma covered cock if they think I'll rebase 200 minis breaking their function in all the other systems I play.

Baron Tahn

Scholar
Lol now this I did not realise. What have they changed the base size to?

That ones hilarious because there really is no reason to do that other than *slap* 'fuck you, buy product'.

Hell Swarm

Educated
Lol now this I did not realise. What have they changed the base size to?

That ones hilarious because there really is no reason to do that other than *slap* 'fuck you, buy product'.
Everything on a 20mm base went to a 25 and everything on a 25 went to a 30. Which breaks literally every other rank and flank system as nothing else uses 30mm bases.

NwNgger

Educated
Can people like you please fucking stop? You genuinely discourage people from picking up 3D printing by having this stupid attitude. GW is not the only mini maker in town where your only other option is to pick up a £150 machine and start swimming in toxic fumes. If you want to make an Empire army out of Petty plastics that's a completely viable option and should be encouraged just as much. The hobby USED to have an organic feeling where you would buy minis you liked, base them up suitably and play with them. This stupid 'GW or resin!' mentality is absolutely beyond retarded and you're like a Linux cultist demanding all software be open source or IT'S UNETHICAL.

Stop being a tard. Stop playing GW systems. If you have to play GW systems as it's your only choice then try to use non-GW minis and slowly introduce alternatives if you can.

It's been like 10 years since Fantasy died and the recent revival is absolutely peak GW fucking their fans. They changed basing sizes on every model. If you have an old army or another game army that used old fantasy base sizes you have to rebase all of them or use awkward movement trays. It's obvious they did to fuck people over and force them to buy a new army or a shit load of bases to use their old stuff. I would have played TOW with my old Orcs and Goblins but they can go suck a smegma covered cock if they think I'll rebase 200 minis breaking their function in all the other systems I play.
There's no need to get this angry and nitpick a vague statement. Calm down.

Hell Swarm

Educated
There's no need to get this angry and nitpick a vague statement. Calm down.
It's not a vague statement. It's an attitude the 3d printing community is sick of dealing with. GW fans and ex-GW fans fighting over printing space marines derailing everything is really annoying.

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
GW is not the only mini maker in town where your only other option is to pick up a £150 machine

That $150 machine will work for years to come while making you minis that are literally roughly 63-80 cents a piece for your standard 30mm heroic scale. Considering that a 1kg bottle of resin costs between $25-40 and you will get about 30-40 miniatures.

The hobby USED to have an organic feeling where you would buy minis you liked

The hobby changed to where the players are the manufacturers of their own miniatures thanks to technology.

This stupid 'GW or resin!' mentality is absolutely beyond retarded and you're like a Linux cultist demanding all software be open source or IT'S UNETHICAL.

No, what's unethical is you asking customers to drop their pants and bend over a barrel to have GW rape their wallet through their ass.

Stop playing GW systems.

No.

If you have to play GW systems as it's your only choice then try to use non-GW minis and slowly introduce alternatives if you can.

No, I am an adult and I can make my own decisions. Get GW's cock out of your fucking ass and stop simping for them. You are pathetic.

Last edited:

Hell Swarm

Educated
That $150 machine will work for years to come
Actually it won't. You have no idea what you're talking about or the life span of these machines. Resin printers screens have limited printing time before they burn out and they won't last "for years" without replacing parts. And that's without dealing with Chinese build quality issues. I've burnt machines out and I'm not even a heavy printer.
The hobby changed to where the players are the manufacturers of their own miniatures thanks to technology.
They always did. You're some faggot who's never sculpted a mini themselves and think this is new. It isn't new because you always had access to metal casting or resin casting if you wanted to make your own minis. It's different, not new.
No, what's unethical is you asking customers to drop their pants and bend over a barrel to have GW rape their wallet through their ass.
I haven't bought anything from GW in over a decade and I don't play GW games. If you think GW is so bad why are you constantly supporting their games and eco system instead of moving to better games? I'm telling customers to stop accepting garbage and to embrace the hobby beyond GW.
No, I am an adult and I can make my own decisions. Get GW's cock out of your fucking ass and stop simping for them. You are pathetic.
You're literally saying you can't turn away from GW's systems and yet I'm the GW simp? Sure thing man. You are the exact person I was talking about shitting up 3d printing discussion. It's pro/anti GW bullshit that doesn't need to be involved at all. I 3D print for several games and none of them are GW or will ever be GW.

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Actually it won't.

It actually will.

You have no idea what you're talking about or the life span of these machines.

I do because I have an Elegoo Mars 2 resin printer. It works just fine.

Resin printers screens have limited printing time before they burn out and they won't last "for years" without replacing parts.

No, the screens last for a long while. What needs constant replacing is the film that goes on the bottom of the resin vat. The entire machine does last for years. Yes, you do need to replace parts because that is the nature of things.

It isn't new because you always had access to metal casting or resin casting if you wanted to make your own minis.

This children is what we call an invalid comparison logical fallacy. Metal casting with metal molds and resin casting with the silicon molds is very expensive. Resin and PLA printing is not.

I haven't bought anything from GW in over a decade and I don't play GW games.

Sure princess we all believe you.

If you think GW is so bad why are you constantly supporting their games and eco system instead of moving to better games?

I don't support GW financially. I still have my 3rd and 4th Edition 40k books. Why do I need to support their current business?

Better is a subjective term child.

I'm telling customers to stop accepting garbage and to embrace the hobby beyond GW.

Uhuh sure you are princess. That's why you are in a GW thread stirring shit up like a little 5 year old preteen girl that was told no in the store.

You're literally saying you can't turn away from GW's systems and yet I'm the GW simp?

You must be imagining things princess because I said no such thing. Are you just delusional or are you on drugs?

It's hilarious that you failed to address anything I said. Failure to do that again and you will be ignored princess.

Hell Swarm

Educated
Codex posters never get old. Ignorant retards acting smug while having no experience. Shouldn't you be in 40k general with the rest of the paypigs who can't stop squealing?

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Codex posters never get old. Ignorant retards acting smug while having no experience. Shouldn't you be in 40k general with the rest of the paypigs who can't stop squealing?
This is what we call an ad hominem logical fallacy since you are unable to be an adult and talk civilly welcome to ignore.

Last edited:

Hell Swarm

Educated
Oh no, whatever will I do. Any way

What armies has GW squatted in AOS now in total?

Unwanted

Cologno

Unwanted
If you're that much of a spaz over open source solutions and alternatives, wait until you discover crypto. Heh.

Hell Swarm

Educated
Everyone knows about that pyramid scheme used for money laundering.

The technology is fine. The type of person who think it's an anti-gamesworkshop machine and it's just for printing warhammer is a specific type of cancer. They shit up so many places with how angry they are at games workshop but they refuse to walk away from their eco system or use their machine to print anything but warhammer proxies. They put people off engaging with the technology because they specifically try to pick fights with miniature buyers and shouting how their stuff is superior to everything else and nothing short of doing what they do is acceptable. So it's exactly like the linux zealots who can't accept some software needs windows and it's better if someone is using some open source software than none. They're the same type of cancer picking fights with other who would other wise be on their side if they chilled the fucked out and accepted anything less than total obedience to their very narrow way of thinking.

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
GW is a company that absolutely refuses to sit on inventory, and has been for like 15+ years now.

Sure I understand that GW cannot indefinitely maintain every single model kit they sell, but in case of the Warcry stuff some of these boxes aren't even two years old.

Sure they can, Tamiya and the scale modelling firms still sell their shit from the 60's and 70's.

A mail-order firm in the old style of catalogue could be spun off tomorrow as its own entity and be a healthy business in its own right like forgeworld was. They could license out their old moulds to companies like Wargames Foundry, Hornby or Ral Partha in the US etc, etc.

It's just not the business they're in anymore, or interested in.

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
GW is a company that absolutely refuses to sit on inventory, and has been for like 15+ years now.

Sure I understand that GW cannot indefinitely maintain every single model kit they sell, but in case of the Warcry stuff some of these boxes aren't even two years old.

Sure they can, Tamiya and the scale modelling firms still sell their shit from the 60's and 70's.

A mail-order firm in the old style of catalogue could be spun off tomorrow as its own entity and be a healthy business in its own right like forgeworld was. They could license out their old moulds to companies like Wargames Foundry, Hornby or Ral Partha in the US etc, etc.

It's just not the business they're in anymore, or interested in.

Which is the complete opposite of what they did for almost 30 years. You literally could order any miniature that they had produced from the beginning till about 2005. They had a catalog that had every single miniature, whole or a part, they produced that by using a special order form that you could take to a GW store or mail it to the company directly.

Even after they stopped updating games like Epic 40k and Necromunda you could still order miniatures for those games. It cost a lot of money, but you could still get them.

Last edited:

Shadenuat

Arcane
It's fine, our hate for gw is such we shall buy machines to make more copies of gw minis, to play more games from games workshop!

:kingcomrade:

:philosoraptor:

But yea buy Artel W

Hell Swarm

Educated
They still do that. Although they will also destroy perfectly good models and books on a store to store basis instead of discounting them and selling them cheaper. There's so many space marines thrown away it's insane and yet some how this is a working business model for them.
It's fine, our hate for gw is such we shall buy machines to make more copies of gw minis, to play more games from games workshop!
This is sadly a common mentality among the 3d printing community. Instead of moving to a game they would enjoy more and being a positive influence they seethe over GW. Everyone starts with Geedub but move on once they get their fill of being shit on. TOW has brought about so much non-GW communities bile not because it's a 'new' game but because old bitter GW fans are spamming forums saying how shit it is compared to whatever game the forums based around. Instead of talking about the community's game they're talking about how much they hate the new GW game and it's starting to get tedious there too. They're like a woman dumped for a hotter girl and they can never get over it. Probably have a chaos or space wolves tattoo as well.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom