Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Games for Windows reaction to FO3 trailer

Rohit_N

Prophet
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I still don't understand the mainstream guys. They supposedly like Fallout, but somehow don't like turn based combat, isometric views, and actual role-playing? I seriously doubt these guys even played Fallout, I think it's some kind of street cred thing.
They only like the adult themes of the game.

Excrément

Arbiter
Krafter said:
Top Hat said:
I really don't understand the anti-turn-based thing at all...I believe Final Fantasy is a turn-based "role-playing game" (I've never played them), and there's three in the top ten games on the 1UP website...
See, even there the ADD kids are taking over, though.

I do play the Final Fantasy games, and the last one's combat is amazingly bad, basically imitating a MMO. I couldn't bring myself to play it, I wanted the old turn-based stuff. Even with that game, the mainstream ADD idiots were praising it for getting rid of the "outdated" turn-based stuff. They want every game to be exactly the same.

Now, ask yourself this, if the mainstream idiots can not even handle the simplified Final Fantasy turn based stuff anymore, what do you think they regard Fallout's combat as? To the kiddies, it's far too complex, like third grade math class and thinking and stuff.

I still don't understand the mainstream guys. They supposedly like Fallout, but somehow don't like turn based combat, isometric views, and actual role-playing? I seriously doubt these guys even played Fallout, I think it's some kind of street cred thing.

Maybe Pokemon will become real time also!

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Excrément said:
Vault Dweller said:
This argument is based on a rather dumb assumption that a true Fallout sequel would have been nothing more but a "dull remake". Do I really have to explain this one?

The question is if Bethesda make the game iso and turn-based, the remake risk to be "dull". Why? Because people think they are not competent to do that sort of game.
No, I've seen this argument way too many times before. The dull remark refers to a faithful Fallout sequel and not to Bethesda's lack of experience making TB iso games. How many times have you heard something like:

We don't need Daggerfall 2/Morrowind 2/a Fallout game similar to the first two. If you want to play such a game, go play Daggerfall/Morrowind/Fallout 1

Lemunde

Scholar
Man, you people will bitch about anything. The only thing that bugs me about the article is that they bothered making it in the first place. Essentially they're previewing what amounts to little more than an FMV intro. Absolutely nothing is revealed about the game other than...it has an FMV intro. Who cares? I usually delete those things so I don't have to watch them over and over every time I start a game.

They wasted their time making that preview and you're wasting your time reviewing their preview and I'm wasting my time bitching about you wasting your time reviewing their preview.

JoeDirt

Scholar
zomg u can use drugs lewlelwelwelwewlewl

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom