Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fallout: Sonora - new Fallout mod from the Fallout: Nevada team

AdolfSatan

Arcane
Whose? I don’t recall either deama nor radmurav team promising an update, and no one has been reporting bugs or errors. Pick one of the two, make sure you have the latest version, and play it.

Sordid MCA/Prosper Hybryd Would you consider putting the links in the first post to make them easier to find?

Deama’s ChatGPT Spanish flavored version:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Hk_DVTUQr-X6VRUhPl0b5Uod3CbiNES2/view?pli=1

RadMurav Team’s Yandex + hand translation English version:
https://github.com/RadMuravTeam/Fallout-Sonora-ENG/tree/main
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/e9zll6pg1416y1q0zoozu/h?rlkey=x3kzadeucrkh9kxrrrqwd7txv&dl=0

std::namespace

modders maaan... shits unbelievable

so dayglow """DLC"""

this fucking retard made it so that you have to separately download sonora and dlc, extract the dlc, and somehow get a level 7 char...
i am at a loss of words...
of course the common char editors have the potential to break because the items are different, even feats are different

the imbecile is also not testing or """developing""" his shit mod with sfall or even a separate hires patch
the fucking moron thinks someone is playing this garbage in 800x600!

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

so dayglow """DLC"""

this fucking retard made it so that you have to separately download sonora and dlc, extract the dlc, and somehow get a level 7 char...
of course the common char editors have the potential to break because the items are different, even feats are different

the imbecile is also not testing or """developing""" his shit mod with sfall or even a separate hires patch
There is a Sonora + Dayglow bundle, that's how I finished the game. It also plays well with high resolutions.

i know,
the bundle is not from the autistic modder though, thats the whole fucking point that you missed

Pegultagol

Erudite
I've been playing this mod so far, and quite enjoy it.

I've been stuck however, at a point near the end where I have to enlist the help of the Rangers for protection of the Villa.

The ranger general wants me 'to do the mission first'. The mission is where I have to deliver a message to another ranger in San Brahmin.

The problem is I have already done all I can for San Brahmin and got rid of the missionaries with the ranger before I encountered the rangers at the dam. The ranger is nowhere to be found in San Brahmin now.

Where can I meet this ranger, or is it impossible to finish this task? Has he gone to somewhere called 'Buried City'? If so, how can I get there?

Any help is appreciated.

Bergblatstein

Novice

I've been stuck however, at a point near the end where I have to enlist the help of the Rangers for protection of the Villa.

The ranger general wants me 'to do the mission first'. The mission is where I have to deliver a message to another ranger in San Brahmin.

The problem is I have already done all I can for San Brahmin and got rid of the missionaries with the ranger before I encountered the rangers at the dam. The ranger is nowhere to be found in San Brahmin now.

Where can I meet this ranger, or is it impossible to finish this task? Has he gone to somewhere called 'Buried City'? If so, how can I get there?

Any help is appreciated.

Cant you just talk to General again and tell him you finished this?

Beans00

Erudite

so dayglow """DLC"""

I played nevada and 1.5 in the original windows 95 resolution 640x480. I've played f1/f2 so many times that playing it in higher resolution strains my brain.

What do you mean about the level 7 char though? You can't access the dlc before level 7?

I played nevada and 1.5 in the original windows 95 resolution 640x480.
9856.jpg

yeah you need a lvl7 char,
when you reach it a bot will run up to you

i might edit the xp count on this one and upload a save if i start playing cause it already downloaded this shit, might as well...
nYzTTPM.png

deama

Prophet

so dayglow """DLC"""

I played nevada and 1.5 in the original windows 95 resolution 640x480. I've played f1/f2 so many times that playing it in higher resolution strains my brain.

What do you mean about the level 7 char though? You can't access the dlc before level 7?
But have you played the dos version...?

blessedCoffee

c3RyYWl0amFja2V0cyBmb3IgaW50ZXJuZXQgdXNlcnM=
Patron
Strap Yourselves In

I played nevada and 1.5 in the original windows 95 resolution 640x480.
yeah you need a lvl7 char,
when you reach it a bot will run up to you

i might edit the xp count on this one and upload a save if i start playing cause it already downloaded this shit, might as well...
nYzTTPM.png

Instead of using something to the likes of Falche editor (you could mess something up, or face technical issues as it wasn't made for Fallout Sonora), I will suggest the download of Poke, and that you modify certain values while the game is running. https://poke.en.softonic.com/

Install the freeware, and start it up.

Launch Fallout Sonora, and start a new game or load from one of the slots.

Return to Poke window, with Alt+Tab.

Pick "FSonora" in the list.

"Add..."

Make sure you see "0" (or the exact xp value of your character, if you loaded a game with a character that has gained some experience points already) before proceeding (the program will "scan" Sonora for results that match the value specified by the user).

Then return to the game, gain experience by killing an easy target like a rat / pickpocket / reverse pickpocket a NPC / talk with a NPC (sometimes you'll be rewarded with xp after that). And get back to the desktop.

Insert a new value (your current experience points). You'll notice that Poke is closer to reaching the desired location.

Repeat as many times as necessary, until Poke gets only 1 matching location. Name it "xp" or something like that.

Change "Current value" to 999*. Alt+Tab back to Sonora, increase your xp somehow, to level up (why not directly defining the value as "1000"? In my tests, doing so will not trigger the "level up notification" in the UI, and you'll not unlock perks, or extra skill points). Get back to the desktop.

Change "Current value" to 2999*. Alt+Tab back to Sonora, increase your xp somehow, to level up. Get back to the desktop.

Change "Current value" to 5999*. Alt+Tab back to Sonora, increase your xp somehow, to level up. Get back to the desktop.

Change "Current value" to 9999*. Alt+Tab back to Sonora, increase your xp somehow, to level up. Get back to the desktop.

Change "Current value" to 14999*. Alt+Tab back to Sonora, increase your xp somehow, to level up. Get back to the desktop.

Change "Current value" to 20999*. Alt+Tab back to Sonora, increase your xp somehow, to level up. You can close Poke, now. Remember to save the game so you won't lose the progress.

50.gif

If you want to level up a character which is not new (lvl 1, with 0 experience points), you'll have to type different values, naturally.

Pegultagol

Erudite

Any help is appreciated.

Cant you just talk to General again and tell him you finished this?
Turns out my low intelligence character wasn't able to say anything about what happened when asked by the general. I tried Mentats and was able to report about the ranger Oscar (that was his name).

Thanks for the suggestion.

Jigby

Augur
This save editor works fine with the new mods_order load -> https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout2/mods/52

But it seems to only use the format from sfall4? Sfall5 has a slightly different one (rutracker repack uses sfall5). So just to be sure, create mods_order.txt in your mods folder, copy paste there the contents of mods_order.ini and remove the assignment =1

example sfall5 mods_order.ini
Code:
InventoryFilter.dat=1
KeysHelp.dat=1
Dayglow_DLC.dat=1
z_bookseller.dat=1
z_extended.dat=1
zx_tweak.dat=1
fo2tweaks.dat=1
example sfall4 mods_order.txt
Code:
InventoryFilter.dat
KeysHelp.dat
Dayglow_DLC.dat
z_bookseller.dat
z_extended.dat
zx_tweak.dat
fo2tweaks.dat

Author claims compatibility with
Tested on:
  • Fallout 2 [1.0]
  • Fallout 2 [1.2]
  • Mutants Rising 2011 Demo [1.00] (sFall 2.17.2)
  • Fallout 2 [Steam] (sFall 3.2.1)
  • Fallout 2 Restoration Project [2.3.3] (sFall 3.3.1)
  • Fallout 2 [GOG] (sFall 3.3.1)
  • Olympus 2207 [1.1] (sFall 3.4.1.306)
  • Fallout: Nevada (sFall 3.6)
  • Resurrection [1.5.116] (sFall 4.2.5.1)
  • FALLOUT ET TU [1.5.2317] (sFall 4.2.9)
  • FALLOUT: SONORA [1.09] (sFall 4.3.3)
  • Fallout 2 RPU [2.3.3u26] (sFall 4.3.3.1)
  • Fallout EcCo (sFall 4.4.0b)

blessedCoffee

Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Interesting utility — nice find, Jigby! std::namespace should give it a shot!
And for people playing offline mode in Fallout Tactics: Brotherhood of Steel, FOT mods, Van Buren, Fallout (if I remember correctly, there's physical editions that don't place your save files inside the game directory, but somewhere else), they can use "Poke", as described in my previous post.
Not to mention another franchises (I used it while playing Underrail, and it worked flawlessly to make the last Faceless encounter easier, to go against their group. It made me wonder if the developer intentionally made it particularly difficult to force the player to reload, and give in to the Faceless orders.

This save editor works fine with the new mods_order load -> https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout2/mods/52

But it seems to only use the format from sfall4? Sfall5 has a slightly different one (rutracker repack uses sfall5). So just to be sure, create mods_order.txt in your mods folder, copy paste there the contents of mods_order.ini and remove the assignment =1

example sfall5 mods_order.ini
Code:
InventoryFilter.dat=1
KeysHelp.dat=1
Dayglow_DLC.dat=1
z_bookseller.dat=1
z_extended.dat=1
zx_tweak.dat=1
fo2tweaks.dat=1
example sfall4 mods_order.txt
Code:
InventoryFilter.dat
KeysHelp.dat
Dayglow_DLC.dat
z_bookseller.dat
z_extended.dat
zx_tweak.dat
fo2tweaks.dat

Author claims compatibility with
Tested on:
  • Fallout 2 [1.0]
  • Fallout 2 [1.2]
  • Mutants Rising 2011 Demo [1.00] (sFall 2.17.2)
  • Fallout 2 [Steam] (sFall 3.2.1)
  • Fallout 2 Restoration Project [2.3.3] (sFall 3.3.1)
  • Fallout 2 [GOG] (sFall 3.3.1)
  • Olympus 2207 [1.1] (sFall 3.4.1.306)
  • Fallout: Nevada (sFall 3.6)
  • Resurrection [1.5.116] (sFall 4.2.5.1)
  • FALLOUT ET TU [1.5.2317] (sFall 4.2.9)
  • FALLOUT: SONORA [1.09] (sFall 4.3.3)
  • Fallout 2 RPU [2.3.3u26] (sFall 4.3.3.1)
  • Fallout EcCo (sFall 4.4.0b)
F2explorer works fine with sonora, but only the latest version it seems. I tried the one i used for nevada and it just refused to open. even the item editor works properly despite all the new assets and it even lets you do weird editing to the game state i haven't seen with other editors

i already bindiffed 2 saves to change the xp count, so the robot spawned in the village

what the hell is poke if cheatengine exists?

blessedCoffee

Patron
Strap Yourselves In
i already bindiffed 2 saves to change the xp count, so the robot spawned in the village

what the hell is poke if cheatengine exists?
Sorry if I'm not following the trend, I guess. I don't usually make use of those programs in my gaming sessions.
Also, if a program works without technical issues, I'll use it regardless of its popularity, I really don't give a rat's arse.

done, its kinda interesting and better than sonora (of which i dont remember a single thing) but still banal shit boring
+ map navigation
+ economy via rad exposure
+ i think a neat pacifist run is possible
- banal shit boring same old fallout cliches memes mechanics
- dumb collect 10 wolfpelts quest almost made me quit
- no plot, placeholder writing

so i leveled up to 7 and went naked and broke to inferno, tagged small guns to stop exploiting hunting rifles...
+ first impressions were good, entry to city had different approaches, had to really count how many radaways are for sale with my 2 endurance
+ had to run around obstacles to get to other maps
+ there are optional maps
+ one fun fight vs 8 gangers vs me and my pistol, without my mule
- same fight is part of quest that forces you to collect 10 microchips like a fucking cuck faggot, I ONLY FOUGHT THE GANGERS CAUSE THEY TOLD ME TO GO FETCH 10 CHIPS AND NOW YOU GO TELL ME TO DO TEH SAME?!
- economy became dumb cause it almost forced me into rifles, cause i ran out of .44 ammo for pistol...
- u can run past all the "sneak" sections
- almost no text worth reading

eh waste of time

Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
Whose? I don’t recall either deama nor radmurav team promising an update, and no one has been reporting bugs or errors. Pick one of the two, make sure you have the latest version, and play it.

Sordid MCA/Prosper Hybryd Would you consider putting the links in the first post to make them easier to find?

Deama’s ChatGPT Spanish flavored version:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Hk_DVTUQr-X6VRUhPl0b5Uod3CbiNES2/view?pli=1

RadMurav Team’s Yandex + hand translation English version:
https://github.com/RadMuravTeam/Fallout-Sonora-ENG/tree/main
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/e9zll6pg1416y1q0zoozu/h?rlkey=x3kzadeucrkh9kxrrrqwd7txv&dl=0
Done.

blessedCoffee

Patron
Strap Yourselves In
The fetch quest is not even that bad, and I wasn't even using the highlight feature from SFALL to find the items. :P

You can make ammo, in Fallout Sonora / Dayglow. That, or bring more ammo before going to a remote place like that. Not the dev's fault, dude.

And would you prefer being forced to use the sneak skill, in this expansion? How lame, if that's how you'd fix this "problem".

The fetch quest is not even that bad,
im not 12 nor do i play mumorpegers - i have a zero tolerance for 10 wolfpelts
You can make ammo, in Fallout Sonora / Dayglow.
umm i saw slug to shot conversion, and ap to hollowpoint, but no way to create .44
Not the dev's fault, dude.
yes it is, its also his fault that eye-shots still crit at 50% chance rate which just utterly breaks combat
why is the hunting rifle Upgrade in the gaem?!
why is he making these mods that recycle f1 ideas? whats the point?
ok, in nevada he was stealing movie plots and it was fun because of it but afterwards... the same shacktown, the same hubs, the same faction setups, new paint... hwy?
And would you prefer being forced to use the sneak skill, in this expansion? How lame, if that's how you'd fix this "problem".
well, yes? choices and consequences? 'tis an rpg, right?

blessedCoffee

Patron
Strap Yourselves In
The fetch quest is not even that bad,
im not 12 nor do i play mumorpegers - i have a zero tolerance for 10 wolfpelts
Why you assume I'm playing MMOs?
I could assume you're actually a minor, by your messages, but you don't see me making such assumptions, now do you? I find it odd you're interested in convincing me you're an adult, but whatever.

You can make ammo, in Fallout Sonora / Dayglow.
umm i saw slug to shot conversion, and ap to hollowpoint, but no way to create .44
Well, I can't check the workbench's script right now, to discover the ins and outs of it.
But there's other things you can do, like trading with other characters. Don't be afraid of speaking with strangers, this not Arcanum, they won't be nauseated by your character's looks (so if you dumped CHA, it's okay).
There's at least x40 rounds in the starting point, in this add-on/expansion, for guns of this caliber.
And how many .44 rounds were you carrying, before you initiated Dayglow? It's not like you can just go back to the world map, and return later on to the add-on/expansion zones, several times, like in the base game. I suggest that you:

bring more ammo before going to a remote place like that

why is the hunting rifle Upgrade in the gaem?!
why is he making these mods that recycle f1 ideas? whats the point?
ok, in nevada he was stealing movie plots and it was fun because of it but afterwards... the same shacktown, the same hubs, the same faction setups, new paint... hwy?

You should try to contact the people that worked on these mods, instead of sending me an avalanche of questions.

well, yes? choices and consequences? 'tis an rpg, right?

Nah, one thing is to present an alternate route to the player. Placing stealth boys in specific containers, NPC inventories, etc. Another is creating invisible barriers to punish players because they didn't see the appeal of being stealthy in this game.
There's a reason using sneak skill to follow Pretty Boy Lloyd to Golgotha's hidden shelter is an optional route, and not the only way of going there.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom