Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 3 Contest !

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
I'd say this idea came from one of the gun experts :roll: who actually wants an authentic muzzle-loading matchlock musket complete with a musket resting stick and a gunpowder pouch.

Montez

Novice
I'd love to see what the reaction would be if we posted them - I can't decide if we's piss people off or if we'd get tons of "Right on, this game would ROCK!" replies. I'm up for it if you are.

Psilon

Erudite
No reply so far. I quite like the "Gotcha suckas" reference.

Shitstorm on Interplay boards at T- 30 minutes and counting...

Psilon

Erudite
Well, there's one post so far.
kumquatq3 said:
They [the posts from VD and Montez] just seem really *beep*ing weird. With no point or humor.

Someone doesn't get it, even after Briosafreak pointed out that they were sarcasm.

Montez

Novice
Psilon said:
Well, there's one post so far.
kumquatq3 said:
They [the posts from VD and Montez] just seem really *beep*ing weird. With no point or humor.

Someone doesn't get it, even after Briosafreak pointed out that they were sarcasm.

Not to mention that Vault Dweller specifically wrote "I've put together the most interesting and unusual suggestions and even wrote a design doc based on them".

Thanks guys, that was some seriosly funny shit, It's because of people like that that game designers ignore the suggestion boards alltogether, Hell I know I would, thats just way too much retarded crap to wade through. I mean the legitimate suggestion to half cocked retarded idea ratio: It's just ot worth it. But the really funny thing is that most of those peoople write that crap with the hope that somebody will take it seriosly, I mean c'mon they really think someone at interply is going to read that bull and just go " Yeah, lightaxes, Islands that take months to swim to, I like it so much I think I'll put it in the game!" LOL

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Swimming to an island for several days in Fallout 3... versus intelligent, friendly deathclaw party members in Fallout 2.

BIS has proven it's bullshit indicator doesn't always work well.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The sad thing is that most of the retarted ideas quoted in the original post are only halfway as retarted as the stuff that Bethesda has come up with, like nuclear catapults and the rock-it launcher.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
It's been awhile since I've seen this beauty. Good times. The Interplay forums were loads of fun.

Mech

Cipher
JarlFrank said:
The sad thing is that most of the retarted ideas quoted in the original post are only halfway as retarted as the stuff that Bethesda has come up with, like nuclear catapults and the rock-it launcher.

Thanks for bumping a FOUR YEAR OLD thread.

Ghoulem

Erudite
art01do9.jpg

There is nothing divine about a shovel. Unless it's a divine shovel of course.

Muskets, huh? Would I be able to join the Musketeers faction?

Funny how that turned out to be a faction in Fallout 4.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom