Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

EVERYONE KILL BETHESDA AND PETE HINES NOW

Balor

Arcane
Hah! Well, if he cares about it (provided that he/it/whatever exist, of course) - he pretty much deserves it.
And about 'day will come' - threats, huh?
Attention everyone - that's typical tactics employed by so-called 'believers'!
What did I say that all religions are based not on Love, not on Faith, but on Fear?

Indeed.
Some afraid of death and punishment that may await them after it (even though the God supposed to be loving and merciful... however, after reading a bible, one begins to doubt that), some are intimidated by fear of the unknown and run to God for answers like a boy runs to his mommy, other think if there is so much evil in the world (however, one must always remember, that Evil, means ultimate evil - does not exit. Stupidity does exits, Evil - no), there must be some sort of embodiment of good, and, again, run to it for protection, instead of trying to fix things themselves.

Slaves of fear. Slaves of illusions.
Hmm, I got carried away again, did I?
Oh well, a bit of thumping bible-thumpers never hurt.

Section8

Cipher
RPGCodex = ReligionPoliticsGoatseCodex

Tee hee.

God is not mocked.

I'm not so sure of this, I bet god has a wicked good sense of humour. Plus, there's the whole omniscience thing, so he's never going to fail a sarcasm check, or mistake a joke that alludes to him for anything more than throwaway humour.

But who knows? From what I hear, Old Testament God wasn't really a "sticks and stones" kind of guy, so maybe he is a fucking arrogant judgmental prick.

ExMonk

Scholar
In context: "God is not mocked. What a person sows, this he will also reap." What this means is that God allows himself to be mocked now, but the day is coming when all who have mocked him (whether in jest or seriousness) will reap what they have sown.

God has a great sense of humor: he invented the concept. But the irreligious and revolting crap in this thread crosses way over the line.

But just keep telling yourselves that he doesn't exist and that it doesn't matter anyway.

Spazmo

Erudite
So basically, if someone makes a joke at God's expense, he will kill them some day? He's kind of overreacting, isn't he? For an omniscient being of total wisdom, he does tend to have some pretty serious temper tantrums.

ExMonk

Scholar
Balor said:
Hah! Well, if he cares about it (provided that he/it/whatever exist, of course) - he pretty much deserves it.
And about 'day will come' - threats, huh?
Attention everyone - that's typical tactics employed by so-called 'believers'!
What did I say that all religions are based not on Love, not on Faith, but on Fear?

Indeed.
Some afraid of death and punishment that may await them after it (even though the God supposed to be loving and merciful... however, after reading a bible, one begins to doubt that), some are intimidated by fear of the unknown and run to God for answers like a boy runs to his mommy, other think if there is so much evil in the world (however, one must always remember, that Evil, means ultimate evil - does not exit. Stupidity does exits, Evil - no), there must be some sort of embodiment of good, and, again, run to it for protection, instead of trying to fix things themselves.

Slaves of fear. Slaves of illusions.
Hmm, I got carried away again, did I?
Oh well, a bit of thumping bible-thumpers never hurt.

You call that thumping?

ExMonk

Scholar
Spazmo said:
So basically, if someone makes a joke at God's expense, he will kill them some day? He's kind of overreacting, isn't he? For an omniscient being of total wisdom, he does tend to have some pretty serious temper tantrums.

Yes, God is total wisdom and knows all. But he expects to be feared (respected and revered) by his creation. Quaint concept to many of you, I know. You're so used to insulting and maligning any and all authorities without any consequence. Sorry. God doesn't play by those rules. He isn't just another authority. He is God. So yes, if you dishonor him, there will be consequences. Unless you repent and seek forgiveness in Christ.

Another interesting passage:

Matthew 12:36-37 I tell you, on the day of judgment people will give account for every careless word they speak, for by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned."

Data4

Arcane
I've actually got a personal belief system that falls under the umbrella of "judeo-Christianity", but to be perfectly frank, the direction this thread has taken has JACK SHIT to do with General RPG Discussion.

And no, by saying "JACK SHIT", I'm not condemned to Hell.

-D4

Goliath

Arcane
Zionist Agent
ExMonk should go to a psychiatrist. He sees and hears things that aren't there - so by definition he suffers from schizophrenia! It is too bad that the powerful religious lobby prevents giving such people the help they need. Really, ExMonk you are just fucking insane and I am honestly not scared even just a little of evoking the wrath of your invisible friend :lol:

Vival

Augur
Actually you can mock God as much as you want, just don't forget to send some cash to your favorite televangelist. God loves money that's a fact.

by the way, I can't help but the whole "I'm ur almighty G0d, phear me!!!11"-stuff gives me a boner.

pantheon

Novice
ExMonk - why are you bringing your fuckwit God into every thread!!!?????

If your God is total wisdom and knows all, why would he expect to be feared (respected and revered) by his creation? Sounds like he has a hell of an ego - a bit like his creator.....

Goliath

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Data4 said:
I've actually got a personal belief system that falls under the umbrella of "judeo-Christianity", but to be perfectly frank, the direction this thread has taken has JACK SHIT to do with General RPG Discussion.

I am sorry that after opening a thread called "EVERYONE KILL BETHESDA AND PETE HINES NOW" you did not find a deep, interesting RPG discussion that respects your "judeo-christian" sensibilities. I mean based on the thread title and the fact that this is RPGCodex - a place where people really try not to offend anybody - your expections were perfectly reasonable... :roll:

Data4

Arcane
copx said:
Data4 said:

I am sorry that after opening a thread called "EVERYONE KILL BETHESDA AND PETE HINES NOW" you did not find a deep, interesting RPG discussion that respects your "judeo-christian" sensibilities. I mean based on the thread title and the fact that this is RPGCodex - a place where people really try not to offend anybody - your expections were perfectly reasonable... :roll:

Who the fuck said I needed my sensibilities respected? I was just trying to suggest to ExMonk that it's pointless trying to defend his beliefs here by playing the "off topic" card. Since that seemed to bother you so much that it caused you to take a few moments out of your day to make a post saying as much, let me try something more blunt.

ExMonk: Unless you enjoy getting reamed by people who could care less about your religion, you might want to just give it up. People here are mocking you.

So, Copx, be sure and let me know if this post is up to your standards, would ya chief? Thanks.

-D4

Spazmo

Erudite
So wisdom involves killing people because they insult you? I recognise that what is wise is open to interpretation, but I don't think that'd fit in most people's definitions of the concept. If God is all powerful, he shouldn't have to care about what a handful of pissant humans think. And if he's so wise, he should be above getting offended. If he's so easy to offend, he can't be all that wise, and thus worthy of offense (per standard Codex protocol: if you are unwise, e.g. a dumbass, you will be informed of it).

Anyways, it's fairly futile to try to attribute everything to one single cosmic force, because we know that there are actually four of them: gravitational, electromagnetic, strong and weak.

TheGreatGodPan

Arbiter
I think maybe Exmonk would prefer to hang out at the JesusCodex. There should be significantly fewer pictures of penis mutilation, anal stretching, and projectile shitting.

Chefe

Erudite
EXMONK CONVERT ME! I AM A SINNER! I REPENT!

HAIL JESUS!

Proweler

Scholar
ExMonk said:
Matthew 12:36-37 I tell you, on the day of judgment people will give account for every careless word they speak, for by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned."

Sounds like they had an OB general crowd back in those days aswell. You know, the kind of pepole that keeps on going about the same subject over and over again.

Lucky for you that hell is only bad till you run in to some Pagans.

Chefe

Erudite
I ACCEPT JESUS! BAPTIZE ME EXMONK! HOLY IS HE! REPENT SINNERS! REPENT!

Tintin

Arbiter
I'd hate to enter this mess of insults, but are you guys making fun of fairy-tale Christianity or anything spiritual altogether?

Chefe

Erudite
THE POWER OF CHRIST COMPELS ME!

THE POWER OF CHRIST COMPELS ME!

Chefe

Erudite
Tintin said:
I'd hate to enter this mess of insults, but are you guys making fun of fairy-tale Christianity or anything spiritual altogether?

I like fairytales, but only if they have elves, and thier women are nude.

Tintin

Arbiter
Okay I don't think Chefe has reached puberty yet, anyone else mind to answer? Are you also against Buddhism and etc?

Chefe

Erudite
I'm post-pubescent, and a Buddhist. I've also been studing etc but I don't get it.

pantheon

Novice
Tintin said:

ExMonk - can you give us some background on heaven ? I know there will be nice people there and you'll all have similar beliefs but what will you do there? Where will you hang out? I guess it will all be leisure time - seems wrong to have to work in heaven... Do you lose your body? If so, how will you get around?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom