Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dungeons and Dragons Online - Fair Codexia Dead - DDO NEWs Thread!

Reinhardt

Arcane
will finish warlock life as inquisitive but then will do melee character. maybe some dorf of ork racial lives. or even a fucking swashbuckler bard. anything but pew-pew. pew-pew fatique is real.

Reinhardt

Arcane
thanks, but again - too much work with equip. not just at cap - i have enough shit accumulated to figure something, probably even more than for pure melee/ranged, but all the way from level 1.
plus i want to play proper melee character now after i finished destiny and iconic stuff for it. and just finished feeding my esos with useless junk from saltmarch.

Last edited:

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
About gear, never played martial. If a wizard/sorc focused on ek with a lot of force boosting gear uses conjure shadowblade from feydark ilkusionist, would the weapon damage benefit from his spellpower?

Other thing. If you wanna to be a melee caster, get tenser transformation asap. Even if from scrolls.

The shadowblade in question

is viable to use it over end game weapon?

Last edited:

Reinhardt

Arcane
is viable to use it over end game weapon?
nah. f you really want shadow there are much better items. your version doesn't even accept sentience.

ksUYPvN.png

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Yep. The unique advantage is that you can get it for free in a talent tree. I have heard that before a nerf, it was casting phantasmal killer after each strike which sounds ridiculous op.

Anyway, when you pick your wiz/sorc next live, don't ignore the Eldritch Knight tree. Even if you don't care about "armored spellcasting", improved mage armor rank 3 gives +10% to your AC. Also get a bit of double strike and you can get full BAB with Knight Transformation and even if you plan to get the bare minimum wiz levels, the imbue dice can be a bit helpful.

I'm not using it in my character to variate a bit and really miss most of the stuff from EK. Light Armor + Large shield with 9 points in the tree and medium armor + large shield + arcane barrier with 22 was too good.

--------------

Lastly I used RL money to reincarnate. How I can get stuff to reincarnate for free? Is hard?

Last edited:

Reinhardt

Arcane
Lastly I used RL money to reincarnate. How I can get stuff to reincarnate for free? Is hard?
nah. you either do quests at cap for epic reincarnation - total 21 quest is enough, at cap each epic quest rewards 2 needed items and you need 42 for heart. ideally run something like borderlands questline few times - fast and easy.
do epic quests which drop tokens for heroic or racials. you need 20 tokens total for heart. best to do is raiyum tomb and jungle - great exp and 2 tokens in end chest on elite. ideally find a party and tell people you need tokens. many will share.
they come naturally through epic leveling. after few reincarnations you will have enough to never bother with specially farming them.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Thanks a lot. I think that I will buy the Feydark illusionist tree and be a illusionist gnome in my third life. I think that I will go Archamge/Feydark/ Eldritich Knight. I really miss my Eldritch Knight stuff. In this quest, at elite difficulty, not even reaper, due the enemies casting deathward, I had to burn my sp in more expensive spells like Chain lightning and when Sinvala appeared, I had to use dimensional door to rest in a shrine to face him.

If I had my Eldritch Knight stuff, I could use Eldritch strike + Imbue element him on melee and occasionally using negative energy burst to heal myself.

Wi5gYVU.png

-----

Any way to reincarnate myself into a iconic char? Obviously if I buy it? I think that I will put more US$60 in this game on my next purchase.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Thanks. There is any other viable spell school for wizards to specialize besides illusion and necromancy? Anyway, is interesting how some people have the idea of D&D wizards as evokers throwing fireball and chain lightning left and right, when in DDO, the most popular specializations for wiz are illusion and necromancy.

Reinhardt

Arcane
reincarnated from warlock at 20. it was worst inquisitive experience i had so far. warlock levels bring absolutely nothing to the table. but at least one less thing to worry about.
went gypsy knife fighter mutant this time. 1 lvl of favored soul for combat trance and magical training for cha to hit from feydark, lots of frontloaded fighter levels to get whirlwind early and some raw damage and enough bard levels for bard life.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Since I'm close to lv 20 where(18 with 4 bars) I will reincarnate from necromancer into a illusionist, I decided to test the feydark illusionist tree and OMG. Is so great. Combining archmage with Feydark I have :
  • +16 to critical( +6 force critical + 4 universal from feydark w/ + 6 from archmage), despite having no gear for force, I'm criting more than with my necro SLA/spells
  • 10 SP SLA Phantasmal killer
  • Ability to lower enemy will saves
  • Shadowblade, fan of shadows and etc deals a bit less damage than my necro SLA but they target will save
  • A huge increase of illusion DC
  • Color spray SLA for 4 sp, allowing me to CC enemies easily, including one or two of really nasty CC randomly
  • I can prismatic spray constructs out of existence, as a PM, they where my bane
  • A cute Tressym familiar
  • Ring of shadowblades buffing me and dealing massive damage in any enemy that passes it
  • Immunity vs fear
  • Free undispellable displacement
  • (...)
The unique thing that I miss from PM tree is the self healing. I don't have spell focus illusion and great spell focus

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Is Eldritch Knight + Feydark illusionist good at high level? As both do mostly force damage. Because in low level, I generally only pick the archamge core 1 and maximize + empower and spam magic missiles. This time I decided to pick the imbue/create shadowblade and combining with my eldritich knight stuff, I'm doing much more damage than usual in low levels. But I din't played much Eldritch Knight at high levels cuz enemies takes forever to die.

About the time to level up in the 3rd life, I brought the tome and the most expensive potion cuz I've said, I don't like much low level D&D. At moment, I'm with about 15% of the xp to lv 6 and with 1h30m of the potion lasting. Was about 4 horus to reach lv 5 not counting AFK time and time spent in cities. I really wanna to get fan of shadowblade, lets see how broken it is at low levels as similar AoE SLA are only available at lv 12.

Reinhardt

Arcane
But I din't played much Eldritch Knight at high levels cuz enemies takes forever to die.
18-20 is most miserable period for melee in the game so i don't blame for noping out of it into new life. especially considering you were doing eveningstar quests.
this one place is unironically much easier at epic elite than heroic elite. at heroics it's borderline where monsters got their epic level hp already but you don't have your epic stuff to breeze through it yet. good test is overgrowth quest and how fast can you cut 3 ambushes before woad flees.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
18-20 is most miserable period for melee in the game
Yep. TBH casters are the opposite, for Wizards, mainly Pale Masters and Illusionists, things only become good at lv 7, being undead without Death aura and negative energy burst is a nightmare. And illusionists without the fan of shadowblades is a pain in the ass. But being a melee caster at low levels in other hands is not bad. With 4 AP, I had Eldritch strike + Imbue shadow, I was doing a lot of melee AoE cleave force damage, so much damage that I rarely casted anything and most of the stuff where only buffs like displacement and scrolls like stoneskin. I only reseted my Eldritch Knight tree at lv 7. Was so good in melee that I got to lv 7 much faster in my third life than in my first(with tome and potion). Now I'm playing without trying to be as efficient as possible in leveling up.

Anyway, I Hate being dependent upon hirelings for heal. I click 5 times for him to heal me and the hireling dances ballet, walk all around and does nothing except let me die. I will play as a undead again this time.

Reinhardt

Arcane
went gypsy knife fighter mutant this time.
surprisingly decent. high and fast damage both against single targets and groups, not glass cannon either. still not without issues. mainly - traps. no trapping skills at all and no evasion until mid epics really hurt. high reflex saves and knowing traps locations helps, but still both times i almost died were after triggering multiple traps in quick succession.
swash is good starting class with competence crit range and multi for daggers at level 3 which gypsy only getting at 12.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
If I do the same quests in normal and epic/legendary, do I get favor for quests in normal and epic/legendary? BTW, I will only reincarnate again when I get a lot of reaper xp. So I can level up faster.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom