Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Dungeon Lords Q&A at GameZone

Remember Grandmaster Woo-Ta... NEVAR AGIN

Sol Invictus

Erudite
I'll allow for certain beast-like humanoids, like lycans (werewolves, werebears, etc) who look aptly like ferocious, wild, and carnivorous manhunters. They tie into human middle-ages mythology with humans who took the form of beasts, prowling the urban cityscape or stories about how the village blacksmith would turn into a beast at night and kill visitors at the outskirts of a very secluded village arriving late at night. Scary stuff, provided that lycanthropy is treated as an affliction or disease rather than as a 'playable race'. I can't really fathom a family of animorphic werewolves, much less a race. They should be monsterous, first and foremost, and not some domesticated race. I prefer to think of werewolves as paranoid, solitary hunters of the night, tortured souls who are afflicted by a condition they can't get rid of. It's nice, too, if their animorphic memories are tainted by the passage of sleep - so when they wake up naked in the woods they'll only remember their actions as if it were a dream.

I don't mind lizardmen either, because Babylonian mythology is full of those. But again, I don't see them as playable races. I can't relate to amphibians.

Egyptian mythological animorphic creatures were, with all things considered, monsterous. That's how I'd conceive them into a game world if it had anything to do with Egyptian mythology.

The furry cat people of Morrowind are a sterling example of what's completely retarded.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom