Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Dungeon Lords issues are fixed!

cpt kirk

Novice
Shagnak said:
Mefi said:
Thank you Deathboy - my faith in trolls has now been reaffirmed :lol:
:lol:
Heh.

now then, as i said before, i now have a fresh install of the game itself, not played yet, does anyone think, or know if i should now, install the patch, before i play the game, and see if that correct the loading prob, i had after first try of patch?
Once again. really don't know. The thing is, your primary source of sorting out this problem (i.e. the DC forums) has been yanked out from under you. Bad form, I say.
You really need to get the thing going (if at all) with the latest patch, and any following patches for that matter. Some early annoyances are fixed...and believe me this game needs some good patching.
I remember some (not many) threads about the patch borking save games for some people. Once again, I can't corroborate because the forums are down.
I would recommend just giving it a go, but making sure you back up your save games first. ("save" folder in your install folder)

hey, thanks for your input shagnak. i sent a request for help to dreamcatcher and got a reply. they said since i had reinstalled and not played the game yet, this time round, to go ahead with the patch. if it still messes up like before try to turn down my sound acceleration, and try again.

so i will try that out.

thanks,

Cpt Kirk

Deathboy

Liturgist
Mefi said:
Holy sarcasm filter Batman! If I got you for thinking you got me, does that mean I win? Or do you win for making me think that I got you when you got me? But the big phish didn't bite at all :(
Hmmm.... I'm confused as wel :?
who wins?
or have we both lost?
Some one help :(

Deathboy

Liturgist
Saran said:
As for DL, thank fuck its off my comp, while it isnt the shittiest demo i have ever played, it has to be the blandest.
Me and Shaggy are huge fans of Dungeon Lords, we spent hours on the demo (at least two, would have been less but the save game feature didn't work and we had to restart) :D

Still Eating fatties!!!

wesleyclark

Augur
I just want to tubgirl Russian websites in Chinese

Oh man, please don't go there.

Every time I saw that link, I said to myself - "Self, don't do it. You know that it has to be truly horrible." And because I was at work - and you never know how good the logging programs are - I was able to resist.

And then, one week-end at home, I was reading one of Saint's posts where he included the link.

And I clicked it.

And it was worse than I even imagined. I think my brain has scars.

cpt kirk

Novice
dl

well, shagnak, i tried what dreamcatcher said. no dice. all 4 settings got the same result. goes to first intro screen, music, choppy, reboot to desktop. so i emailed them again. gotta wait for reply.
darn thing runs ok till i put on the patch. like said b4, noticed some things dont function in game like should, and flickering on loading saved game. the stuff everyone says it does without patch. but the damn patch aint workin. it seems to make things worse.

Cpt Kirk

cpt kirk

Novice
well. finally figured it out guys. the patch did work. thing is i have to hit esc repeatedly to bypas all the intro crap. it will then go to the load screen/single/multiplayer stuff. had a few game freezeups though once in a while. does anyone know when dreamcatcher might be releasing the 2nd, i hope, patch? i;ll try to ask over there too.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom