Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Don't give in, Codex. Run while you still can.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Change racofer's tag, he made a 180 degree turn in his career when he stopped posting gifs and started posting about NV.

racofer

Thread Incliner
KreideBein said:
Posting rational and reasonable criticism is fine and can actually lead to some good discussions on the qualities of a game and its underlying design (and coincidentally, this has happened here; decent discussion manages to occur regardless of your ranting). Repeatedly posting that X game is shit shit shit and that everyone who likes it is a butthurt fanboy is retarded.

Rational and reasonable criticism is equally bashed in here by the bunch of Obshitian fanboys that inhabit this place since the last couple of years. Any sort of criticism is promptly countered with the classic: "X game from [insert developer] did that as well, and everyone liked that game in here..." - (for completely different reasons, by the way) - "... therefore complaining about it on a Obsidian game is nothing but trolling STFU!"

Hence why:

racofer said:
Like a known Codexer would say regarding this explicit display of butthurt: r00fles!
I don't even know what you're trying to do here. Are you trying to imply that everything I've said about NV is invalid because I'm supposedly butthurt?
The zeal at which you and others jump at anyone's throat whom dare to say anything against your precious developer surely gives that impression, yes.

Besides, if you like the game why does it matter what I say, or skyway says? Does that hurt you in some way that you just have to defend Obsidian? Sorry lady, but that's nothing else than pure, distilled butthurt.

You're pathetic. :roll:

Personal insults: the refuge of the inept. r00fles!

Vaarna_Aarne said:
Change racofer's tag, he made a 180 degree turn in his career when he stopped posting gifs and started posting about NV.

ass_burger.jpg

janjetina

Arcane
Patron
Torment: Tides of Numenera
Vaarna_Aarne said:

Racofer has been quite consistent in his RPG codex career - he has been bitching about Obsidian games since joining the Codex, starting with "MOTB is a horrible game because it has a shitty camera".

I have trouble interpreting his bitching about F:NV as nothing more than his usual anti-Obsidian ranting / trolling, especially since he isn't averse to games with FPSRPG combat not very different (even worse, I'd say) than in F:NV (see: Vampire: Bloodlines).

KreideBein

Scholar
racofer said:
Rational and reasonable criticism is equally bashed in here by the bunch of Obshitian fanboys that inhabit this place since the last couple of years.

If you can't see that that's bullshit, then you're not only retarded, but blind. Quite a few people have posted meaningful and substantive criticisms and complaints about NV. You're simply choosing to ignore the good discussions about it.

racofer said:
Any sort of criticism is promptly countered with the classic: "X game from [insert developer] did that as well, and everyone liked that game in here..." - (for completely different reasons, by the way) - "... therefore complaining about it on a Obsidian game is nothing but trolling STFU!"

How is that argument invalid? People lauded multiple quest solutions and all-around good quest design in FO1. When it's present in NV, according to you and your almost cultish brethren, it's intolerable shit. This makes no sense, and is why all of you are considered slobbering morons rather than positively contributing members. As I said above, people have criticized NV and have done it in a non-retarded way. They've stated what they felt was a problem, how it could have been improved, why it was a problem, etc. You haven't done anything remotely close to that. You've simply bashed the game in every discussion of it which you've deigned to enter.

racofer said:
Hence why:

racofer said:
Like a known Codexer would say regarding this explicit display of butthurt: r00fles!
I don't even know what you're trying to do here. Are you trying to imply that everything I've said about NV is invalid because I'm supposedly butthurt?
The zeal at which you and others jump at anyone's throat whom dare to say anything against your precious developer surely gives that impression, yes.

See above. It's not about you attacking NV, it's about you launching completely unsupported and retarded attacks against it which are detrimental to decent discussion.

racofer said:
Besides, if you like the game why does it matter what I say, or skyway says? Does that hurt you in some way that you just have to defend Obsidian? Sorry lady, but that's nothing else than pure, distilled butthurt.

By that logic, we should all stop discussing everything because we'll have no effect whatsoever on anything. Besides, the motivation for arguing against you and your retarded compatriots is entirely irrelevant to this argument, as well as pretty much any other.

racofer said:
Personal insults: the refuge of the inept. r00fles!

Clearly any insult indicates that the person is inept and has been argued into a corner. Clearly. :roll:

racofer

Thread Incliner
"If you can't see that that's bullshit, then you're not only retarded, but blind. Quite a few people have posted meaningful and substantive criticisms and complaints about NV. You're simply choosing to ignore the good discussions about it. "

Bullshit. Is your reading comprehension that bad as to completely miss the point? I'm not saying substantive criticism wasn't posted. I merely stated the fact it's not relevant if the criticism is rationale or not for you all bunch of obshitian fanboys to jump at anyone's throat whom dares to speak against your precious game.

"How is that argument invalid? People lauded multiple quest solutions and all-around good quest design in FO1. When it's present in NV, according to you and your almost cultish brethren, it's intolerable shit. This makes no sense"

Strawberries taste good, therefore strawberries covered in shit must also taste good!

"See above. It's not about you attacking NV, it's about you launching completely unsupported and retarded attacks against it which are detrimental to decent discussion."

I supported all of my arguments, you simply chose to ignore it to fulfill your own agenda. That's fine, it's what the Codex is all about anyways.

"By that logic, we should all stop discussing everything because we'll have no effect whatsoever on anything. Besides, the motivation for arguing against you and your retarded compatriots is entirely irrelevant to this argument, as well as pretty much any other."

If my arguments are as retarded as you claim them to be yet you still keep on arguing with me then yes, you're very butthurt about me bashing your precious obshitian.

"Clearly any insult indicates that the person is inept and has been argued into a corner. Clearly."

No, it only shows the butthurt is getting off the chart.

Oh my. Racofers quote function has broken down.

The transformation into volourn ver 2.0 is almost complete. . .

KreideBein

Scholar
racofer said:
Bullshit. Is your reading comprehension that bad as to completely miss the point? I'm not saying substantive criticism wasn't posted. I merely stated the fact it's not relevant if the criticism is rationale or not for you all bunch of obshitian fanboys to jump at anyone's throat whom dares to speak against your precious game.

...Which isn't the case. People have criticized NV. These people have entered into reasonable discussions about their criticism of NV. Good discussions have followed. Regardless of what the voices in your head are telling you, there's actually decent discussion of NV going on, discussions which include substantial criticism, without either side being disregarded as retards and consequently flamed all to hell.

racofer said:
Strawberries taste good, therefore strawberries with shit cream must also taste good!

Yes, everyone knows that you disagree. The question is why you disagree. You haven't once, as far as I can tell, posted an argument as to why that position is invalid. You carry on as though it's implicit and that everyone who doesn't instantly know what's going on in that tiny brain of your and agrees with it is an insufferable fool.

racofer said:
I supported all of my arguments, you simply chose to ignore it to fulfill your own agenda. That's fine, it's what the Codex is all about anyways.

Lol, you've supported your arguments? I'll concede this point if you can actually post some links to places in which you've defended your positions with more than accusations of butthurt and declarations that everyone who likes NV is an Obsidian apologist. Go ahead, I'm waiting.

racofer said:
If my arguments are as retarded as you claim them to be yet you still keep on arguing with me then yes, you're very butthurt about me bashing your precious obshitian.

And yet again you substitute an accusation of butthurt for an actual argument. As I said before, the reasons for defending or attacking something are completely irrelevant to the debate, such as it is. Maybe there's butthurt, maybe there's not, but you're essentially using a fallacious ad hominem argument here. I'd drop this point before you embarrass yourself any further.

racofer said:
No, it only shows the butthurt is getting off the chart.

See above.

racofer

Thread Incliner
"Which isn't the case. People have criticized NV. These people have entered into reasonable discussions about their criticism of NV. Good discussions have followed. Regardless of what the voices in your head are telling you, there's actually decent discussion of NV going on, discussions which include substantial criticism, without either side being disregarded as retards and consequently flamed all to hell. "

Again you miss the point, intentionally it seems.

"Yes, everyone knows that you disagree. The question is why you disagree. You haven't once, as far as I can tell, posted an argument as to why that position is invalid. You carry on as though it's implicit and that everyone who doesn't instantly know what's going on in that tiny brain of your and agrees with it is an insufferable fool. "

These arguments aren't just inside my head sis, you just have to read what has been posted before and see it for yourself. I'm not a broken record here to repeat what I've said about the game over and over again, much like you wouldn't. So far you also have posted nothing to make your points valid, just regurgitated the 'BAW UR WORNG!" line page after page.

"Lol, you've supported your arguments? I'll concede this point if you can actually post some links to places in which you've defended your positions with more than accusations of butthurt and declarations that everyone who likes NV is an Obsidian apologist. Go ahead, I'm waiting. "

Again you fail at reading, for I have not once said that anyone defending the game is an Obsidian apologist, proven by my retort to roll-a-die's post earlier on this topic which you promptly ignored. I don't care if people like the game or not, I myself enjoy many games people bash on a daily basis here for a number of reasons and I don't hide that fact. I also don't jump at every discussion that takes place in here bashing the games I like as to prove other people wrong.

"And yet again you substitute an accusation of butthurt for an actual argument. As I said before, the reasons for defending or attacking something are completely irrelevant to the debate, such as it is. Maybe there's butthurt, maybe there's not, but you're essentially using a fallacious ad hominem argument here. I'd drop this point before you embarrass yourself any further."

Yes, I'm embarrassing myself for pointing out your own hypocrisy. r00fles!

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
herostratus said:
Oh my. Racofers quote function has broken down.

The transformation into volourn ver 2.0 is almost complete. . .
Well if he starts arguing with himself it's awesome.

But what would his tag be? He can't be pretty princess, since there can be only one.

KreideBein

Scholar
racofer said:
Again you miss the point, intentionally it seems.
Oh really? Allow me to refresh your memory on what you said on this same fucking page, and what it is to which I was replying:

Rational and reasonable criticism is equally bashed in here by the bunch of Obshitian fanboys that inhabit this place since the last couple of years.
I merely stated the fact it's not relevant if the criticism is rationale or not for you all bunch of obshitian fanboys to jump at anyone's throat whom dares to speak against your precious game.

This pretty clearly says that you were contending that any kind of criticism, whether reasonable or not, is attacked in equal measure by people who like NV. This is not the case. If you want to revise what your point was, feel free. But as it stands, you're simply wrong and apparently lack any knowledge about what you said not two hours ago.

racofer said:
These arguments aren't just inside my head sis, you just have to read what has been posted before and see it for yourself. I'm not a broken record here to repeat what I've said about the game over and over again, much like you wouldn't. So far you also have posted nothing to make your points valid, just regurgitated the 'BAW UR WORNG!" line page after page.

I have read what you've posted. Not all of it, mind you, but when every post you've made on the topic of NV consists of either accusations of butthurt, baselessly calling the game terrible, or "lol obsidishit fanboys", you'll have to forgive me for inductively reasoning that you have nothing intelligent to say. Go ahead and prove me wrong, but the burden of proof is pretty much on you at this point.

Additionally, I have posted arguments in support of the game in other threads, notably the NMA NV review thread and the BTE. Arguments which consist of more concrete material than "it's good, anyone who disagrees is a 'tard."

racofer said:
Again you fail at reading, for I have not once said that anyone defending the game is an Obsidian apologist, proven by my retort to roll-a-die's post earlier on this topic which you promptly ignored.

Your retort? Yes, let's take a look at those posts again:
racofer said:
roll-a-die said:
Even though Obshitian uses the same engine, core gameplay elements and everything else from Fallout 3, implemented in the exact same manner, it actually is different since instead of yellow, obshitian picked (Red - 255, Green - 255, Blue - 0) and for that reason alone it's a much better game.
:salute:
racofer said:
roll-a-die said:
racofer said:
racofer making an ass of himself said:
Even though Obshitian uses the same engine, core gameplay elements and everything else from Fallout 3, implemented in the exact same manner, it actually is different since instead of yellow, obshitian picked (Red - 255, Green - 255, Blue - 0) and for that reason alone it's a much better game.
:salute:
Wrong, they use the same core elements yes, but those core elements are now done better than in Fallout 3. Skill Checks, better, plot line, better, quest design, betterer, writing, better, retards, berret, shooting mechanics, better, or maybe I've just gotten used to them, crashyness, better, buggyness, probably the least buggy obsidian game I've ever played.
So you're just saying they've redone it all better, although it's essentially the same thing...
How have they done it better, exactly? Better as in instead of, say, if FO3 scored 1 out of 10 on those regards, now it scores 1.5 out of 10? For me, that's still shit, dried out and not as smelly as before, but shit nonetheless.
Classy. Your "arguments" are, in fact, statements. You state your position that NV is exactly the same as FO3 or, at best, only infinitesimally better. You do not, however, support this position. On top of that, you apparently fail at comprehending hyperbole, as it should be pretty obvious that when I said that you call everyone who likes NV an Obsidan apologist, I was employing that concept. (That being said, you do consistently and constantly call people Obsidian fanboys if they express positive feelings for NV or if they call out your retarded posts.)

racofer said:
I don't care if people like the game or not, I myself enjoy many games people bash on a daily basis here for a number of reasons and I don't hide that fact. I also don't jump at every discussion that takes place in here bashing the games I like as to prove other people wrong.

Irrelevant.

racofer said:
Yes, I'm embarrassing myself for pointing out your own hypocrisy. r00fles!

No, you're embarrassing yourself by committing the red herring fallacy in nearly every post you've made in reply to me.

Tycn

Savant
I myself enjoy many games people bash on a daily basis here for a number of reasons and I don't hide that fact.
In other words, you deeply enjoyed Fallout 3 but demand nothing less than unequivocal hatred for New Vegas despite your (utterly fallacious) criticism of it being that it's too similar.

r00fles!

racofer

Thread Incliner
"This pretty clearly says that you were contending that any kind of criticism, whether reasonable or not, is attacked in equal measure by people who like NV."

FFS WOMAN!! I said it doesn't matter if the argument is rationale or not for obshitian fanboys. It's you who're implying I'm putting people whom like NV as obsidian fanboys. I've not said such a thing anywhere. I'm specifically talking about the fanboys, not people who like the game in general. Get your facts straight.

"I have read what you've posted. Not all of it, mind you, but when every post you've made on the topic of NV consists of either accusations of butthurt, baselessly calling the game terrible, or "lol obsidishit fanboys", you'll have to forgive me for inductively reasoning that you have nothing intelligent to say."

And that's entirely true given that whenever I said: "oh I don't really like NV because it's just too much like FO3, which I hated for a series of reasons, number one probably being the engine it has been build on and...." - all I got in return was a bunch of butthurt fanboys calling me a troll, even though I explained why I disliked the game. Sorry if this doesn't apply to you, but what I'm getting in here and on other topics is nothing but butthurt fanboys spilling their bile all over the place.

"Your retort? Yes, let's take a look at those posts again: "

Way to completely quote them out of context. Besides, you've intentionally ignored the one I was talking about:
http://www.rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=1383925#1383925

"you do consistently and constantly call people Obsidian fanboys if they express positive feelings for NV or if they call out your retarded posts"

Where have I said such a thing? Stop the lies. Either prove your point explicitly or shut your pie hole.

"Irrelevant."

Hahahaaha yes, It's irrelevant since I'm not talking about an Obshitian game! r00fles!!

"No, you're embarrassing yourself by committing the red herring fallacy in nearly every post you've made in reply to me."

Irrelevant.

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
Hey, guise... I think they will make a new movie.
racofer: The NewTroll
I can see the reviews now:
"Banal. Shit. Boring."
"Kingcomrade"
"Who?"

KreideBein

Scholar
racofer said:
FFS WOMAN!! I said it doesn't matter if the argument is rationale or not for obshitian fanboys. It's you who're implying I'm putting people whom like NV as obsidian fanboys. I've not said such a thing anywhere. I'm specifically talking about the fanboys, not people who like the game in general. Get your facts straight.
racofer said:
Tycn said:
You seem oddly antagonistic considering the amount of enjoyment that you derived from Fallout 3. Can't handle the lore rape?
Obshitian Fanboy tactic #1: deflect attention from its precious developer by throwing in unrelated subjects such as, another game or developer, should any criticism arise towards their masters.

GG and all that.

racofer said:
And that's entirely true given that whenever I said: "oh I don't really like NV because it's just too much like FO3, which I hated for a series of reasons, number one probably being the engine it has been build on and...." - all I got in return was a bunch of butthurt fanboys calling me a troll, even though I explained why I disliked the game. Sorry if this doesn't apply to you, but what I'm getting in here and on other topics is nothing but butthurt fanboys spilling their bile all over the place.
If you dislike NV because you can't get past the engine, that's fine. But whether or not those are your feelings on the matter, you went above and beyond that position into full retard zone. You invaded quite a few topics and spammed "witty" one-liners and your ubiquitous images, neither of which enhance discussion in any way. It's hard to not label you an idiot and a troll when you do nothing but reinforce that notion.

racofer said:
Way to completely quote them out of context. Besides, you've intentionally ignored the one I was talking about:
http://www.rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=1383925#1383925

I wouldn't say that I've taken them out of context. And I was assuming that you were referring to your posts in this thread, so that's my bad. Anyway, though, to address your linked post:

racofer said:
roll-a-die said:
Note most of that is based purely upon opinion.
See, now that's better, instead of putting it like facts. :salute:
Most of what is being talked about in here, defending this game are opinions being talked about as facts, and this is utterly retarded. A Codexer should know better.
I, for one, simply can't get into this game even if it had a plot like PS:T and gameplay as good as TOEE just because I cannot withstand anything on the shitbryo engine, it fills me with rage after a short while playing anything on it.

Plenty of people have discussed the merits of NV based on what they acknowledge to be opinion. In the cases in which facts are claimed to be introduced, they're things which are pretty certifiable concrete (quest design and skill checks, for example). Also, like I said earlier, it's fine if you don't like NV because of the engine. There aren't more than one or two people (if that) on this board who will rabidly attack you if you just can't get past the engine. However, after you established that as your point of view, you went on to vehemently attack NV all over the place. You should have stopped while you were ahead, or, even better, actually contributed something to the ongoing discussions.

racofer said:
Where have I said such a thing? Stop the lies. Either prove your point explicitly or shut your pie hole.

See above.

racofer said:
Hahahaaha yes, It's irrelevant since I'm not talking about an Obshitian game! r00fles!!

No, it's irrelevant because it has nothing to do with the conversation at hand. That games which you enjoy are attacked on the 'Codex does not in any way affect this argument.

racofer said:
Irrelevant.

It's irrelevant that you're hilariously overusing the red herring fallacy? Lol?

racofer

Thread Incliner
"In other words, you deeply enjoyed Fallout 3"

I never said Fallout, have I? Stop making shit up already!

"GG and all that. "

Lol you really are dumb:
kreidebitch said:
This pretty clearly says that you were contending that any kind of criticism, whether reasonable or not, is attacked in equal measure by people who like NV.

There you are relating people whom like NV as Obshitian fanboys. Lady, it's you the one classifying people who like NV as fanboys, not me. Stop embarrassing yourself.

"If you dislike NV because you can't get past the engine, that's fine."

Oh no it's not fine. Proof? Read this topic from start to finish: http://www.rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=51271

"But whether or not those are your feelings on the matter, you went above and beyond that position into full retard zone. You invaded quite a few topics and spammed "witty" one-liners and your ubiquitous images"

Bullshit! I've not spammed anything you lying whore. You bunch of obshitian fanboys are quick to see stuff that doesn't exist to fulfill your insecurity towards your shitty developer. You know it sucks, you know everybody knows it sucks and for that reason anything, no matter how insignificant quickly turns into ammunition for your hate campaign towards anyone and anything that opposes you.

"In the cases in which facts are claimed to be introduced, they're things which are pretty certifiable concrete"

More bullshit. This is all relative to the one reviewing said content. Stop spreading personal opinion as irrefutable facts.

"However, after you established that as your point of view, you went on to vehemently attack NV all over the place."

Lies. I never openly attacked the game, I always pointed out the shit in it which i disliked and thoroughly explained my reasons for saying so. It's the likes of you that, fueled by that characteristic aura of hate, see antagonism at every corner.

"No, it's irrelevant because it has nothing to do with the conversation at hand."

LAWL! So the conversation is no longer about NV. I wonder what the hell are we discussing!

"It's irrelevant that you're hilariously overusing the red herring fallacy?"

It's irrelevant because you're doing that yourself as well, intentionally bringing up the lies about me placing anyone who enjoys NV in the same bunch of the fanboys.

Lumpy

Arcane
racofer said:
These arguments aren't just inside my head sis, you just have to read what has been posted before and see it for yourself. I'm not a broken record here to repeat what I've said about the game over and over again, much like you wouldn't.
The fuck is this new shit? Do you really expect me to look through your posting history just to understand what the fuck you're talking about? Post a link to your in-depth critique of FONV, at least, or otherwise shut the fuck up.
I mean, fuck, really. I hate Baldur's Gate with a passion, and yet I was always considerate enough to bring up arguments whenever some faggot was praising the game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom