Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Deadfire - advice and is it worth it?

Torus

Novice
The worst part of this series is the big cities with many houses and loading times for every single one both entering and exiting. That's what makes parts of the story feel like something you suffer through.

Otherwise fun games.

ds

Cipher
Patron
Get a SSD.

That only helps a little bit. You can load the entire game into a ramdisk and the loading times for those tiny indoor areas will still be ridiculously slow - really anything slower than instantaneous should be unacceptable. We're not talking about crazy-detailed 3D levels here. And if it was the disk speed or latency is the limiting factor (which for Pillows it is not) it is still a failure of the Unity and incompetent devs to not sufficiently predload and optimize their data layout. No need to make excuses for incompetence.

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
PoE1 stank, but I did enjoy PoE2 and will probably return to it again in the future. Definitely go with RTwP; I'm a turn based supremacist but the game is clearly designed for RTwP and the transition to TB did not go as well as it did in Kingmaker/WotR. It will take you 100 years to complete the game if you go TB. I have no interest at all in the west indies, pirates, or hawaiians, but somehow it still managed to keep me entertained.

Also, PoE2 has Rymrgand, the best god.
:gd:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom