Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info David Gaider on settings culture & history

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
I've recalled this thread http://www.rpgcodex.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=1183 in regard to that racism thing Exit, the fucking hypocrite, brought up:

Exitium said:
I don't trust anything out of the Phillipines. One momen they're whining for America to help them out (be it World War 2 or any time after that) and once America does its duty they all protest en masse, shouting slogans like "Americans, Go Home." and "Go Away, We Don't Need You", and "America Sucks. American Imperialist Bastards."
Oh yes, let's all be as passive and non-offensive as we psosibly can! Can't call the Nazis bastards or Josef Mengele an insane son of a bitch, now can we? Because that'd be offensive. Oh wait, maybe we can, because according to political correctness, it's okay to label the Nazis and Mengele in whatever deregotory label we please, regardless of the truth or lies in those labels. Everyone say it together with me: "nazis were homosexuals".

But now, it's probably 'wrong' and 'offensive' to state the truth about the Filipino people, who just happen to be poor, weird, and completely blind to their state of existence (i.e. they don't do much to alleviate themselves from their predicament) because it's 'offensive to their inherently fucked up culture' and because we must respect other people's cultures, regardless of barbarism, cannibalistic practices, et al.

Why even bother with civilization, then? Let's go back to our primitive roots, live in Neolithic villages, respect other cultures, and mutilate ourselves for no reason whatsoever other than it's 'within our culture to do so'. Respect tradition! Tradition will give you a special place in heaven.

If you want to see the ugliness of humanity, visit the Phillipines. With pick pockets around every corner, and muggers on every street. It's like a regular combat-based CRPG in there.
There is plenty of more from where it came from.

Sheriff05

Liturgist
Exitium said:
That's what it's all about, isn't it? You perceive me as someone who receives the kind of attention you'd only dream of getting.

Here's the difference, I come here to vent, not have a meet and greet with developers.
This site is also only one of my many online infatuations and my interests here are only in relation to gaming as a "hobby".
You act as if your participation here some how makes you part of the "gaming industry", Your posts tell me that you think that
If you just kiss enough ass, developers will see you as a voice of moderation
and thereby worthy of acknowledgement.
Now who's dreaming of looking for attention???

Why does it always have to come down to two choices? Black and white are not the only two colors. I don't see why we have to choose between being insipid sycophants and childish, screaming blowhards.

I don't know why, but sometimes the world boils down to its most simple rationalizations
For instance, you are a screaming blowhard yet fail to realize it.

If you don't like what I have to say, why do you insist on participating in this so-aptly termed 'drama' instead of sending me a private message conveying how you feel about my opinions? You're a hypocrite, and you are a hypocrite of the worst kind. If you don't believe that the forum needs more drama, why do you add to it? This could have been between VD and I, but you insist on participating. I can't blame you for it, but please don't pretend to be high and mighty by taking the 'higher ground' when it is obvious to everyone that you are participating in the same verbal mêlée as the rest of us.

Three things:

- I am sick of reading your trumped up bullshit lately and not enough people calling you out on it.

-I feel obliged to protect my personal interest in this site.
I hope is this place remains an uncensored, critical forum.
when it becomes otherwise I'll move on.

- You don't work for or represent my website why would I private message you?
If It were my site I would lose you like a bad habit and not because of your personal opinions but because of your blantant efforts to admonish the reason people come here.

VD is obviously someone whom you can relate to and therefore regard with high esteem.
Absolutely.

He sounds almost as bad as Matt Drudge.
and you sound like Rush Limbaugh, and I apparently sound like Leon Trotsky
are we seeing a pattern here?

That is your right, just as it is everyone else's right to be satisfied with their products or anticipate (possibly) good games, like Dragon Age. Why you fee l the need to stamp on the opinions of others is beyond my rational.

Defend the game wholeheartly to whatever amount you wish
however don't try to change the public discourse of the entire website
in order to find support for your opinion.
do you understand that?
that's what I see you as trying to do and why I am commenting.
It's the greater context of many of your arguments of late that
I am taking issue with, not your battles with VD.
He doesn't need my help.

Vault Dweller

Developer
Sheriff05 said:
- I am sick of reading your trumped up bullshit lately and not enough people calling you out on it.
Appreciate your stand against that bullshit, man. Thanks.

Nicolai

DUMBFUCK
You both suck
dance.gif

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Nice dodge, Exitium. Whenever you can't dispute or explain your own quotes, just call them out of context bullshit, although I agree on the bullshit part. I also see that there are no quotes proving anything you claimed. Can't say I'm surprised.
What would you call all the quotes I ... quoted? I can't say that I'm surprised at your apparent inability to comprehend anything beyond the basics.

English school? No. It's not my native language, I picked it up in ports when I was a seaman.
It shows. You should refrain from speaking.

Take some anger management courses
Good advice. Be sure to take note the next time you write a long tirade about how you hate liars and Pete "Full of Shit" Hines.

You are stupid, Rex.
You have pointed this out quite often. Saying it more than once won't make it true.

As it was already pointed out, the reference was to your geographical location and age, not the fact that you are an Asian. The discussion was about business and whether it's possible or not to live the Americam dream today, not a fucking trivia about the US.
In the aforementioned post, I presented my points coherently and validly. I don't see why you need to bring up an argument that you obviously lost, just for the sake of making some nonsense claim about how 'People who don't live in America don't know anything about America'.

Wow. Every time I think that you've already wrote the stupidest thing ever, you go and top that off. First of all, I've never claimed that the US is #1 or any number for that matter. Second, you have no idea what I believe in and what I was force fed with. You make idiotic assumptions, and that makes you, well, an idiot.
Stupidest isn't a word, no matter how much you'd like for it to be one. I don't care what you were force fed with nor am I making any 'idiotic' assumptions, nor am I an idiot. My responses are based solely on what you present, and nothing more. If you choose to present yourself as an ignoramus, with nothing else to present yourself with, that is how you will be perceived without a moment's doubt.

First, I said two MOST important. For an educated person, as you claim to be, that would imply that there are other factors. Talent is one of them, which Volourn and I (thanks for the tip about that "I" thing) have already discussed and considered before you joined the discussion.
Unfortunately for you, we (Volourn and I) proved you wrong. We proved that talent is more important than either money or time, which invalidates your point that money and time are the two most important factors in the development of a great title. All the money and time couldn't save Daikatana from being a flop, and a bad game. Your point is invalidated, yet you insist on being right.

Unfortunately, you took that out of context, and disregarded any previous discussion. Also, you shouldn't say that you proved somebody wrong, unless it was acknowledged by somebody other then yourself.
Incorrect. Your inability to comprehend is truly staggering. I am a loss of breath whenever I make any attempt to grasp your perception of reality and its surroundings. To the point, I did not disregard your previous discussion and was, instead, referring to the very argument you made pertaining to the 'fact' of 'money and time' being the 'two most important factors in the development of a game regardless of talent'. Your opinion is so far from representing fact due to your very inability to conceive any sane concept of reality.

Exit, I don't do snarky. When I attack somebody or something, I do it openly. That was the reason of our many disagreements, was it not?
Fair enough. I stand corrected in my assessment that you were capable of anything other than your aptitude for rabid bluntness, which should be well noted at this point. Far be it for me to make the presumption of the presence a sharp wit within your mind.

Once again, I've never suggested that ToEE guests were even remotely as good as the Fallout's quests. Also, I specifically indicated that I mean the lower level quests, you disregarded that, and proceeded bitching about the higher level quests.
Hommlet's quests are often regarded as some of the most tedious quests ever designed as they consisted of nothing more than running from point A to point B to point C back to point A and then to point B again. If that's your concept of good quest design, I shudder to think what kind of a game you would design.

Where? Can we some proofs here? Or should I take your word for it? I especially like the "but you have been disproven every single time" bit. One can claim a lot when he doesn't need to back anything up.
It is a statement subtly implied in your every post.

Bullshit and you know that. Fallout wasn't about killing stuff after the War, it was about exploring the newly created post-war societies, the new ethics, etc; and not shooting at people fis well in the theme.
As does constant saving and reloading, too, I suppose?

You do that, Exitium, and tell Saint that if I ever in a position to make that decision, you are gone, and not because you have a different opinion, but because you *behave* like a fucking idiot (unless it's just a phase and it will pass soon). I remember when you were "normal", when you prefer to argue instead of insultng people you disagree with. It looks like that that was a phase though, or a mask, and now we are dealing with the real you
Stop trying to make it so fucking personal. This isn't about me. It's about you, and how you think your opinion is more important than everybody else's. You can't accept anyone who disagrees with you, and furthermore, you seem to hate it whenever anyone actively undermines your words and actions. Anyone who crosses your path is called an 'idiot', repeatedly, as if one word makes a good argument. You behave like a five year old, and I'm calling you out for it, so deal with it.

Vault Dweller said:
And one last thing. I know that many of you feel that stuff like that should be handled via PM and usually I'd agree with you. However, this bullshit, these constant attacks have gone to far now. I won't accept any PM from Exit unless it's an apology one. I want this in the open, I want him to prove to everybody what a fucking idiot he is, I want more people to join this discussion and express their opinions. I want to deal with that now, hopefully once and for all.

Is that an ultimatum? Your words ring hollow. I don't need to apologise to you for anything. Did I hurt your feelings? Don't be such a fucking crybaby.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Vault Dweller said:
I've recalled this thread http://www.rpgcodex.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=1183 in regard to that racism thing Exit, the fucking hypocrite, brought up:

There is plenty of more from where it came from.
Feel free. I'm very much a racist in certain ways, in certain matters and for certain reasons, but at least I don't behave ignorantly about it. So I dislike Filipinos, with good reason. Big whoop.

Vault Dweller

Developer
Exitium said:
What would you call all the quotes I ... quoted? I can't say that I'm surprised at your apparent inability to comprehend anything beyond the basics.
I'm talking about quotes to back up the various claims you've made, not the reply to quotes. You are still dodging. Fine with me.

English school? No. It's not my native language, I picked it up in ports when I was a seaman.
It shows. You should refrain from speaking.
What a great argument, you sure showed me here.

Take some anger management courses
Good advice. Be sure to take note the next time you write a long tirade about how you hate liars and Pete "Full of Shit" Hines.
Well, I'm not the one who's constantly going nuts here

As it was already pointed out, the reference was to your geographical location and age, not the fact that you are an Asian. The discussion was about business and whether it's possible or not to live the Americam dream today, not a fucking trivia about the US.
In the aforementioned post, I presented my points coherently and validly. I don't see why you need to bring up an argument that you obviously lost, just for the sake of making some nonsense claim about how 'People who don't live in America don't know anything about America'.
More bullshit from Rex. And again that "obviously lost" crap. Alright, let's see:
http://www.rpgcodex.com/phpBB/viewtopic ... 71&start=0

Exitium said:
By the way, I've noticed that some of you people are REALLY FUCKING STUPID!

Go dream your stupid "American Dream". It'll never become a reality, at least not anymore. Things were different way back when.
Coherently and validly? Yep. Btw, what the fuck woul you know about the way things used to be "way back when"?
Here is another revelation from teh expert:

Exitium said:
VD said:
Exitium said:
Can't say the same for the US, though.
Why? What made you an expert on the US business? Or do you just like talking out of your ass?
Basic sense, moron. You can't make a billion dollars out of a dime
There you have it, folks, an intelligent opinion from Rex.

Stupidest isn't a word, no matter how much you'd like for it to be one.
Yeah, go ahead, attack my English, moron.

I don't care what you were force fed with nor am I making any 'idiotic' assumptions, nor am I an idiot. My responses are based solely on what you present, and nothing more.
Yet, you stated that you:
Exit said:
I know more about the United States and it's because unlike you, I'm an educated person who doesn't believe in all the nationalistic propaganda you're force fed through the media every day with some rubbish belief about how USA is #1.
So, what have I presented? Any facts?

Unfortunately for you, we (Volourn and I) proved you wrong. We proved that talent is more important than either money or time, which invalidates your point that money and time are the two most important factors in the development of a great title. All the money and time couldn't save Daikatana from being a flop, and a bad game. Your point is invalidated, yet you insist on being right.
Because talent without money would never ever produce anything. It's clear to anyone, but you. You and Volourn haven't proved anything yet.

Once again, I've never suggested that ToEE guests were even remotely as good as the Fallout's quests. Also, I specifically indicated that I mean the lower level quests, you disregarded that, and proceeded bitching about the higher level quests.
Hommlet's quests are often regarded as some of the most tedious quests ever designed as they consisted of nothing more than running from point A to point B to point C back to point A and then to point B again. If that's your concept of good quest design, I shudder to think what kind of a game you would design.
Moron, once again, I'm talking about lower level Temple quest. Pay attention.

Where? Can we some proofs here? Or should I take your word for it? I especially like the "but you have been disproven every single time" bit. One can claim a lot when he doesn't need to back anything up.
It is a statement subtly implied in your every post.
You are full of shit, Rex. You can't prove anything, and you lack any decency to admit that you were wrong or made it up. What a pathetic lying little shit you are.

You can't accept anyone who disagrees with you, and furthermore, you seem to hate it whenever anyone actively undermines your words and actions.
Are you talking about yourself here? It describes you well.

Is that an ultimatum? Your words ring hollow. I don't need to apologise to you for anything. Did I hurt your feelings? Don't be such a fucking crybaby.
No, you didn't, but your stupidity is annoying, you interrupt threads and behave like a moron. Your retarded behaviour is disrupting the whole site, something you don't really give a shit about.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
You are full of shit, Rex. You can't prove anything, and you lack any decency to admit that you were wrong or made it up. What a pathetic lying little shit you are.
This sums up every argument you've ever made, against anyone. Period.

Nicolai

DUMBFUCK
Exitium said:
First, I said two MOST important. For an educated person, as you claim to be, that would imply that there are other factors. Talent is one of them, which Volourn and I (thanks for the tip about that "I" thing) have already discussed and considered before you joined the discussion.

Whaa? Daikatana was a great game D:

RGE

Liturgist
Vault Dweller said:
... I want more people to join this discussion and express their opinions. I want to deal with that now, hopefully once and for all.
Oh, you're both behaving like assholes, and you know it too. Beyond that, I agree that it's unnecessary to insult people on the frontpage, just as it's unnecessary to bring it up in an unrelated thread.

Vault Dweller said:
PS. How's DA going?
This didn't come off as snarky, but it did come off as stupid and/or mockingly. I mean, if you truly wanted to know how DA was going, there's a website with a forum dedicated to it. To expect David Gaider to give you more than that in this situation seems to be so overly optimistic as to be insincere.

Vault Dweller said:
Actually, that's where our major disagreement with Bio designs is. David looks at dialogues as an additional story-telling tool, not as an opportunity for a player to actually choose something.
David appears to look at... <- I like truth. :)

But you seem to prefer debate and antagonism. But I suppose this site thrives on sensationalism to some extent, so perhaps you and Exitium are really just trying to light a fire under our collective ass. Like two house trolls in the arena. :D

Exitium said:
No, that isn't the major difference between you and I (It's you and I not you and me. Did you even go to school?)
English isn't my first language, but that sounds horribly wrong. When you say or write "difference between you and I", it sounds as if you're talking about the words "you" and "I", not two persons. If "me" is not used in "difference between me and X", then when is it used?

When I googled for the sentence I got 2-3 times as many results for "difference between you and me", and those results seemed to be of the more official type too, such as book titles. Being wrong isn't so bad, but being wrong about things that you are trying to correct other people on, that just disqualifies you as a source of knowledge. So how sure are you about "difference between you and I", and how can I be sure that you're right? :?

Exitium said:
backpaddling
Backpedaling. If you're up a shitcreek without a paddle you won't want to backpaddle, because without your paddle, all you've got is your hands. :shock:

Greenskin13

Erudite
Contributing nothing.

Grammar Gestapo mode!

RGE is correct. It is the difference between you and me, not you an I. Me is the objective form of I, which is the pronoun form.

Think of it this way. I went to the market. You went to the market. Therefore, you and I went to the market. But, he saw me at the market. He saw you at the market. Therefore, he saw you and me at the market.

It's a little trick, but I've learned to always try to drop the other person when you have to chose between me or I. That's pretty hard when the sentence is "no difference between you and me.", but you can see that the sentence calls for an objective form.

Vault Dweller

Developer
RGE said:
Oh, you're both behaving like assholes, and you know it too.
No, I don't. The way I see it, I made a news post and hoped that people would join a dialogue-related discussion. Exitium started flaming away. I replied. The end.

Vault Dweller said:
PS. How's DA going?
This didn't come off as snarky, but it did come off as stupid and/or mockingly. I mean, if you truly wanted to know how DA was going, there's a website with a forum dedicated to it.
Wow, thanks for the tip. I don't visit other websites, and since David dropped by I asked him a question. I didn't expect a 3-page progress report, but a one-liner. Had I wanted to say something negative, I would have said it.

To expect David Gaider to give you more than that in this situation seems to be so overly optimistic as to be insincere.
David replied to my questions and even critical comments in the past. I don't see what's different about this one.

Vault Dweller said:
Actually, that's where our major disagreement with Bio designs is. David looks at dialogues as an additional story-telling tool, not as an opportunity for a player to actually choose something.
Perhaps, reading what he wrote and playing Bio games would help you re-evaluating your position.

But you seem to prefer debate and antagonism.
No need for the "seem" here. I do.

Avin

Liturgist
"... I want more people to join this discussion and express their opinions. I want to deal with that now, hopefully once and for all"

both of you look like female teenagers fighting for the same guy that, in fact, is gay and will be kissing other guy while you'll be crying and writing bad poetry on your bedrooms.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
English isn't my first language, but that sounds horribly wrong. When you say or write "difference between you and I", it sounds as if you're talking about the words "you" and "I", not two persons. If "me" is not used in "difference between me and X", then when is it used?

When I googled for the sentence I got 2-3 times as many results for "difference between you and me", and those results seemed to be of the more official type too, such as book titles. Being wrong isn't so bad, but being wrong about things that you are trying to correct other people on, that just disqualifies you as a source of knowledge. So how sure are you about "difference between you and I", and how can I be sure that you're right?
Please read Greenskin13's response to your question. He saved me the trouble of explaining. It doesn't matter if some books or authors use the term incorrectly - it would still be incorrect.

If you're up a shitcreek without a paddle you won't want to backpaddle, because without your paddle, all you've got is your hands.
I know what backpedaling is, and although that is the more correct term for what I fondly refer to as 'backpaddling', I'm sure you know what I meant. Backpaddling (paddling backwards before you fall from a waterfall, for example) makes just as much sense. If it pleases you I'll say 'backpedaling' next time.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Vault Dweller said:
No, I don't. The way I see it, I made a news post and hoped that people would join a dialogue-related discussion. Exitium started flaming away. I replied. The end.
Don't bother giving VD any advice. He believes he can do no wrong. He probably still thinks he was in the right for calling Pete Hines "Full of Shit" on the front page.

I didn't expect a 3-page progress report, but a one-liner. Had I wanted to say something negative, I would have said it.
Heh, what a load of bullshit.

Perhaps, reading what he wrote and playing Bio games would help you re-evaluating your position.
Reevaluate. Oh, and if that were the case, Volourn and many others (not including me. I hated it.) wouldn't have enjoyed Neverwinter Nights.

Internet tough guy strikes again. "I love antagonism! I have no feelings! You cannot hurt my impeneterable wall of cynicism! Fear me or I will call you a stupid moron and WIN THE ARGUMENT OMGWTF!!!"

Greenskin13

Erudite
I'm sexy in the library.

Not to derail this thread, but I just got my grammar on.

Anyway, I've learned an easier way to explain why the sentence is "the difference between you and me" and not "the difference between you and I."

I think most people will agree that we could reword the sentence as "the difference between us." Us is the objective form of we. Obviously, it would not be "the difference between we."

Okay, synopsis: "you and I" = "we" and "you and me" = "us". Just try replacing those words around until it clicks with you.

Next week on Grammar with Greeny: "He or him? Who cares? He does, but not him."

RGE

Liturgist
Vault Dweller said:
RGE said:
Oh, you're both behaving like assholes, and you know it too.
Are you referring to only this thread, or to the thing that's been going on for a while now, and which will probably keep going on for as long as you both enjoy antagonistic debate so much?

To expect David Gaider to give you more than that in this situation seems to be so overly optimistic as to be insincere.
David replied to my questions and even critical comments in the past. I don't see what's different about this one.
Well, maybe you're right, and he'll return to give you your oneliner. Or maybe he's too busy to spend time telling you stuff that you can find on your own if you really want to. Because you can visit other websites if you really want to, right?

Vault Dweller said:
I agree that it seems just like you said, that dialogue options aren't there to be choices, but unless you can read his mind or have a confession, all you have is an educated guess. His reply in this thread was vague, but seemed to disagree with you.

Dgaider said:
I don't think dialogue is exclusively just a story-telling tool, though I think that is definitely a valid use for it. The player getting to make meaningful choices in dialogue is also important, and I think our games have provided plenty of that so I don't think I really need to defend it.
This directly opposes your "not as an opportunity for a player to actually choose something", even though we both know that BioWare's RPGs tend to suffer from too many dialogue options leading to too few solutions. In my mind there's a difference between what you and I may believe to be true, and what is actually true, because we could still be wrong. After all, there are quite a number of dialogues that do have multiple solutions, even though they also seem to suffer from severe bias towards Good alignment, thus making the already too linear dialogues feel even more so. But there are multiple solutions there, so your attempts to polarize things come off as you being less than accurate. Which is probably not a concern for you, because you like the heat. :)

But you seem to prefer debate and antagonism.
Well, I prefer a discussion, and without the antagonism.

Exitium said:
Please read Greenskin13's response to your question. He saved me the trouble of explaining. It doesn't matter if some books or authors use the term incorrectly - it would still be incorrect.
Well, I used Google to see which alternative was more likely to be correct, because I have since long forgotten whatever my english teacher may have said on the subject. I don't know what you would have explained though? If you already knew the grammar that Greenskin13 posted, why did you try to convince Vault Dweller that he should have used "I" when he used "me" as he was supposed to? Misinformation to make him look bad? It boggles the mind. But fear not! He boggled my mind when he never explained why he thought that real time combat requires a high number of enemies. ;)

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Holy shit.

That is all.

Some points... KOTOR has as many quests if not more than most RPGS that have multiple solutions. Very few, outside of FO, have more percentage wise.

I still think VD completely took what Monsieur Gaider wrote in the intial quote way out of context sicne Dave was discussing 100% about how to introduce the player to world knowledge without making the character look like a retard.

Exitium needs to cool it back a bit. VD is cool even when i disagree with him. I think by now our insults are just for fun and flavour. We can still debate the issue civilly with a few insults thrown in. No one gets hurt...

Sherriff is still pathetic, and most definitely the biggest hypcorite on this site.

Next.

Petey_the_Skid

Liturgist
Meh...there's one thing that's not really being pointed out here. Vaultdweller seems to be constantly insulting various developers on the front page. This is just bad form for a site that is supposed to present News as well as opinons. A site that regularly insults developers will eventually find it's requests for information, interviews and other such stuff declined. For sure the Codex isn't the biggest place on the web, but I'm sure y'all find it nice when you get original content, as opposed to ripping news from other sites. Keep insulting all the folks that give you original content and you'll find you don't have any more.

It's also bad form to flame a forum member on the front page. Make's the whole site seem petty, unproffesional, and not woth the interest of anyone who actually takes their games seriously(at least, as seriously as games can be taken;). That's a pity, because I like this site, but much more of this and it's going to get stagnant, and start to smell pretty funky, a small pond deprived of it's source, and eventually, it will evaporate and dry up completely.

Stark

Liturgist
might as well chip in now.

The recent developments (squabbling and flaming) between the 2 (VD and Ex) took a turn for the worse and is doing nothing constructive at all for this site. It makes for some initial amusing read but in the end it achieves nothing but wasted your (VD and Ex) time responding to each other.

I like VD's posts occationally and I like Exitium's posts occationally. Both are passionate about rpg in general and the site in particular, and both can articulate their points intelligently. but this is usually not the case when both flame away.

If you two think you enjoy this, as some sort of insider joke, go ahead. but if the anomisity is for real it's not healthy for the future of this site. In the end it won't matter who's right and who's wrong.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
I might be somewhat (admittedly, very) over the top when it comes to writing my responses, though I try to keep the signal to noise ratio at an acceptable scale. I'll definitely tone it down a bit, since I've already my presented my points and it is up to you to decide what to think of them. Ultimately, it all comes down to what Petey wrote. That is my only major peeve with the issue.

Calis

Pensionado
Exitium said:
Daikatana = bad example.
That game failing had nothing to do with a lack of design talent, it was all about mismanagement. So yeah, you've proved a big-budget game with a long dev cycle can still suck if you mess up project management badly enough.
So that would make proper management the most important factor. I'd still like to see more dev cycles that use an ambitious design philosophy and get the time & money to bring it to fruition. I'd also like to point out that a discussion about the most important factor was silly to begin with.

Vault Dweller

Developer
Exitium said:
Don't bother giving VD any advice. He believes he can do no wrong. He probably still thinks he was in the right for calling Pete Hines "Full of Shit" on the front page.
I have had many discussions, but unlike people like you, I don't touch the keyboard unless I can back my position up. Yet on a number of occasions I have admitted that I was wrong and accepted the validity of my "opponents" arguments. As for the Pete Full-of-Shit Hines comment, I don't see anything wrong with that. He was, and I stated that. I'm sorry if he's mad now and doesn't let you suck his dick anymore.

Reevaluate.
I'm glad that you find my grammar errors amusing. Gives you some real points against me. Hmm, let me rephrase then. I glad you is liking mine grammer. Enjoy, Exit, it's on the house :wink:

Oh, and if that were the case, Volourn and many others (not including me. I hated it.) wouldn't have enjoyed Neverwinter Nights.
Great argument. Using that logic, every game is great, even Daikatana because somebody enjoyed it. :roll:

Internet tough guy strikes again. "I love antagonism! I have no feelings! You cannot hurt my impeneterable wall of cynicism! Fear me or I will call you a stupid moron and WIN THE ARGUMENT OMGWTF!!!"
What's that "tough guy" thing have to do with anything? I'm really not very emotional person. Is that a big deal? No. Well, may be for you, because you are having an "episode" every time I post something you can't deal with. As for the antagonism remark, I neither like nor dislike it, but when I have to choose between political correctness and antagonism, I choose the latter. Your last remark is just plain stupid, but yeah, I have no problems with calling a stupid person an idiot, idiot.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"The recent developments (squabbling and flaming) between the 2 (VD and Ex) took a turn for the worse and is doing nothing constructive at all for this site."

Oh,s top with the Doomsday Device Talk. The site is not gonna crash because of a lover's quarrel. Geez. Everytime I've gotten into a dissing contest people have said the same thing but it never materialized.

Stop being a DRAMA queen. VD, and Ex are doing that. Let them have their fun.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom