Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Corven: Path of Redemption - reboot of cancelled Ultima IX fan game

Eli_Havelock

Learned
So, judging by the state of the conversation here, the game's basically dead, yes?

• after decade+ of fucking around, three in in Unreal from 2016-2019, dude switched engines again to make a half-assed demo in Unity. Yes, this went Unreal -> Unity :lol:
  • baited a KS with Lord British (who probably doesn't even remember this)
  • spent years on story.txt and AI gen backers portraits
  • dipped his balls into the EA shark tank by releasing a remix of Ultima VI as official game media*
  • dipped them again when he basically said "Corven = UIX - Redemption" and listed Ultima game areas as places he was working on
  • shared illustrious design updates, such as thanks for new gaming computer and European Vacation
  • came back from developing BackerPaidVacation.exe
  • coincidentally around the same time, divorced the wife in 2 months and left her/no contact for a year
  • would forget what year it was and go from a November 2022 update to a June 2022 update
  • in that update that forgot time, blamed a pause in all "development" on a messy divorce and having to move, when those issues are long passed
  • the usual idiotic hope-and-cope KS circle-jerk who already threw money at this without looking too deeply because muh Ultima and coped about all delays for every other dodgy KS (I.E. Shroud of the Avatar) are clamoring to throw even more money at shitty milestone reporting, because why learn anything any time ever, just consume product and buy Ultima
  • 6 months of moving later... is still in middle of moving - probably going to get some of the dumber to keep believing he is still moving and offering support when it's stretched out for a whole year or more
  • is now getting remarried
  • there is still no game
  • it's been almost four years since any news was posted to the lycantic.com website**: Less than 48 hours left on the Corven Kickstarter! by Florian Jul 15, 2020
  • there will never be a game

* - This gives later reason when EA would rightfully spank this to go "Sorry about all that, guys! Big Bad EA happened and I just don't have the money to change anything." to glean more money from the useful suckers who ate this shit sandwich and bent over for more on the Discord server. Watching the consumer codependency chain on the Discord was just amazing stuff.
** - RIP website per the absolute state of the official forums becoming a center for ass surgery:
Ig1gffr.png

Last edited:

Eli_Havelock

Learned
And has Corv made ANY other games? I haven't seen anything taken to completion.

What is it with the Ultima fans thinking they can go from 0 to RPG in just one KS?
The misconception that Teen Richard Garriott effortlessly farted out Ultima/Akalabeth and the RPG genre, so it must be even easier in [current year]?

CorvsEXQueen

Literate

CorvsEXQueen

Literate

What is it with the Ultima fans thinking they can go from 0 to RPG in just one KS?
The misconception that Teen Richard Garriott effortlessly farted out Ultima/Akalabeth and the RPG genre, so it must be even easier in [current year]?
No. He did do a popular mod for Morrowind. Ultimate Ranger Mod. That was before me though. We “met” online February 04.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Eli_Havelock

Learned
Y’all want to know anything else?
When is the game coming? I have no interest on anything else.
He works for Demiurge in Boston. I was told that they are working it now. ‍♀️

Location corroborated by LinkedIn at Newburyport, MA. He might work there, but I doubt Demiurge would take on that IP liability. They probably have him monkey on the mail server like his last place at Sugar Mountain Resort.

No. He did do a popular mod for Morrowind. Ultimate Ranger Mod. That was before me though. We “met” online February 04.

Okay, not as bad as from completely no experience taking a product to market. Mod->RPG kinda reminds me of the After Reset RPG retard Richard Nixon, who thought he could go from a mod to a whole RPG.

CorvsEXQueen

Literate
She works for Rendever. A company that he set his own son up for an internship with. Only to find out he’s pimping him out for the benefit of the finance and the company she’s VP of. Corv swears he’s barely making it but you can of course help with the down payment on a home or fertility treatments for the happy couple per their registry. Mazel Tov! Someone needs an audit. I’m sorry he scammed y’all. Truly. I’m stuck picking up the pieces as well. My apologies.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
She works for Rendever. A company that he set his own son up for an internship with. Only to find out he’s pimping him out for the benefit of the finance and the company she’s VP of. Corv swears he’s barely making it but you can of course help with the down payment on a home or fertility treatments for the happy couple per their registry. Mazel Tov! Someone needs an audit. I’m sorry he scammed y’all. Truly. I’m stuck picking up the pieces as well. My apologies.

Wow: https://www.linkedin.com/in/catherineday/

This woman's like a caricature of an aging girlboss. She couldn't find somebody better than a former ski resort IT guy and failed videogame modder? Maybe it's the Austrian accent.

CorvsEXQueen

Literate
I see this thread keeps getting better. So how long did he know this woman?

Password Protected​

To view this protected post, enter the password below:

However, it's been archived: https://web.archive.org/web/20240107065630/https://flocat.net/
He went to Austria last Summer with her. We were still married then. He swears he didn’t leave me for her but our divorce wasn’t final until July 31st.

CorvsEXQueen

Literate

Wow: https://www.linkedin.com/in/catherineday/

This woman's like a caricature of an aging girlboss. She couldn't find somebody better than a former ski resort IT guy and failed videogame modder? Maybe it's the Austrian accent.
Or the ratchet ass hair plugs

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom