Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community Sites Hacked

Briosafreak

Augur
A couple of years ago some Fallout sites were defaced by brazilians. So i went to look for stuff on them, just to find that particular group site had been...defaced by some rivals, their leader had shared a password with them for "hacker solidarity purposes" and got screwed :)

PHP crackers are the lowest form of hackers, many miles away from the really men, so it`s probably some kids from the SA or Penny Arcade, not a big deal.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
We could have Calis write our own board like Obsidian's but it's probably too much work. Switching to a better forum would be the best route at this point or we're going to see an increasing number of attacks.

Avin

Liturgist
you know, when i was living in santa maria (300.000 hab town in the center olf the southern brazilian state) there was this guy among a group of starcraft players who was a hack-app-downloader-cracker.

he stole the icq password of a friend of mine, a guy who played p&p with us. this friend go to this kid house and told him to give it back or he would format him phisically...

... but why would these tiny little retards would be attacking a so lovely community such as fallout fans? "falta de laço", would say my mom.

LlamaGod

Cipher
topa3.jpg

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
This isn't gaming news so please don't whine people. Let's move on.

mathboy

Liturgist
babalefish said:
"Bom this I protest?m offers pra quem n?tem brain pra to think and n?ve
that or desarmamento gives popula? vai to never ajudar na viol?ia urban and sim to piorar,
Pois vc ja viu bandit to buy weapon command post loja using seu nome?
ladr?sabendo that nao temos arms, vem sem medo! ?omo to roubar twelve of crian "

Or it controls two?ices of crimes n? face atrav?de measured superficiais, like proibir or acesso two cidad? honest?armas of fogo, but atrav?de um joint of pol?cas that envolvem from efetivas measures of refor?do system of justi?criminal DAS organiza?s policiais, gives to Justi?e do prisional system and pol?cas econ?cas, sociais, urban and educacionais that ataquem ace origens and you contexts favor?is aos crimes.
To control arms n?significa to control to criminalidade.
N?h?ualquer evid?ia of which h?ma correla? between fen?nos you dois: increase of circulates? of arms legais and increase give criminalidade.
Eleger ace arms like causadora a two crimes letais?ma resposta f?l and sensationalist, uma time that we turned aside to ties? DAS demais causes, educational, moral, cultural muito mais complexas and that envolvem uma ampla nets of fatores of social natureza, and at?esmo patol?ca.
Pa?s that adotaram hard restritivas laws com to esperan?de to conter or avan?da criminalidade sofreram conseq?cias, like? case gives England, gives Austr?a, do Canad? it gives Fran? between outros.
Command post alguns cases, houve at?umento two n?ros of crimes.

To maior part two homic?os tem rela? com or narcotr?co.
Fundamental Esse?m ponto: imposs?l to falar command post criminalidade Brazil sem not to mention sua estreita rela? com or tr?co of drugs. Evident, essa intimidade foi alerted recentemente pela the UN: great part two 30 thousand homic?os registered annually Pa?pode not to be atribu? ao tr?co.
To danosa it combines? between entorpecentes and it degrades? social, lack of controls do Been, falhas prisional nonsystem, etc.?ue cria um perfeito atmosphere stops to proliferates? do crime, specially command post great cidades, like S?Paulo and Rio de Janeiro.

Ace arms s?instrumentos of dissuas?do crime.
Or Brazil and you the United States possuem different contexts sociais muito.
By? or efeito of dissuas?(ou seja, to capacidade that uma weapon of fogo possui to prevent that um crime aconte? mesmo.
Us EUA, ao contr?o do Brazil, existem v?os estudos that comprovam essa realidade.

Um two mais conhecidos, denominated To Survey of Felons and Their Firearms, sponsored hair Department of Justi?americano, apontou or cidad?armado like or mais efetivo meio of impediment do crime na na.
To search, made com mais of 1,800 criminal ones, mostrou that criminal 81% two procuravam to know, before gives invested, to v?ma estava armed, and 74% deletion marks disseram that evitavam to enter command post resid?ias onde sabiam to dwell cidad? armed.

Legais/habitante N?ro of arms and?ices of homic?os: false rela.
Verifying or n?ro of arms legais command post cidades as?ices S?Paulo and Rio de Janeiro onde of homic?os s?acima gives m?a brasileira you we demonstrated essa false rela.
Or State mais armed do Pa? or Great Rio do Sul (com to m?a of 10.86 habitantes/arma) tem n?ros of smaller homic?os do than command post S?Paulo (m?a of 74.54 habitantes/arma) and nonRio (29.12 habitantes/arma).
Command post 20 anuses, homic?os you aumentaram of 10 thousands for 40 mil/ano. Enquanto to bandage of arms caiu of 51 thousands for 23 thousands civil nonmarket (legal).
Isso mostra that n?se prunes to dizer that maior densidade of arms legais na popula? it means, necessariamente, maior volume of crimes.
Maioria two antecedent homic?os?ometida by pessoas com criminais.
Estudo second um do professor Jos?astore, gives Universidade de S?Paulo (USP), 82.6% two crimes clarified nonState of S?Paulo s?cometidos by criminal reincidentes that compram arms, obvious, clandestine nonmarket.

Or defesa direito of leg?ma deve to be respeitado.
Or artigo 5. it gives Constitui? Diz federal brasileira that all s?iguais perante to law, sem distin? of qualquer natureza, garantindo- aos brasileiros and resident estrangeiros direito nonPa?a inviolabilidade do?vida?iberdade?gualdade?eguran?e?ropriedade.
Two Ao to restrict or acesso cidad? of bem?armas of fogo, or chamado Statute do Desarmamento -- to proslug do governo -- agride or?ida direito: considering that criminal you n?entregar?suas arms.
Between you anuses of 1980 and 2000, or n?ro of homic?os subiu of 12 by each 100 thousand inhabitants for 27 percents thousand inhabitants, havendo um increase superior to 200%
To made search com mais of 1800 criminal mostrou that:

81% afirmaram that procuram to before know v?ma est? Navy;
74% two bandits afirmaram to avoid to enter command post resid?ias onde? sabem to dwell cidad? armed;
40% disseram that deixaram to commit crimes by medo of which a? v?ma estivesse armed;
57% afirmaram to fear mais or cidad?armado do that to pr?ia? Pol?a;
56% disseram to n?abordar v?mas that desconfiem to be? Navies.

Criminal arms legais n?fabricam.
From 1994 or total of hundredth emitted bearings noncRj alcan?pouco mais of uma.
Ou seja, to totalidade do estoque of arms command post m? of civis it prunes as soon as to be mantida nas resid?ias and us locais of trabalho.
Ace Wendish of arms for or civil market, by sua time, v?se reduzindo to each anus. Between 1996 and 2002, foram sold n?mais do that 25 thousand arms.
Or Rio de Janeiro est?e disarming, and to criminalidade increasing?imos anuses to us.

SimienS - We are mais that um group! we are to voice of um melhor world!

babelfish can.

Funktion

Novice
They're brazilian, that's for sure.
The text in RPGDot is in portuguese of Brazil. It's something about the fact that desarming the population isn't the answer to the violence/crimes in their country, since most of them are drugs related.
I don't see what this has to do with rpgs, and their need to hack sites related to the genre...

Sol Invictus

Erudite
It's an anti-Government speech, a political message against the War on Drugs and the Brazilian authority's decision to keep the population disarmed, by keeping assault weapons and automatics illegal.

In short, these guys are terrorists.

Surlent

Liturgist
Self-Ejected

dojoteef

Self-Ejected
It is true that Brazil has some major problems with violence due to drugs. I'm not sure what they are trying to get by doing this, but oh well.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
It looks like the Brazilian anti-government group "Simiens" defaced RPG Dot. From that website:
The main site with its 31 subdomains have been defaced by the Brazilian group Simiens, mirror: http://www.zone-h.org/en/defacements/mirror/id=1403802/

This message in Portuguese was left on all the index pages: "While deputies steal, lie and fool people, we are here viewing your emails and stealing your informations. This is for this reason that Simiens Crew exists".

POD

Novice
It looks like rpgdot.com got hit as well. Linking to it takes you to some weird page in Portuguese, I think, we the picture of a monkey on it. E

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
If they want to protest their government for anything, it should probably be the educational system that failed to teach them basic logic skills. If they think using script exploits on CRPG fan sites to post political statements in a language the majority of the world can't even read, nor cares much about, then that educational system has failed them.

Briosafreak

Augur
Their political messages are crap, they`re just a bunch of low life kids that get their kicks out of defacing sites and murdering my language. The funny thing is that the tools they use are given in cd coverdiscs in Brazil, it´s mad. We import those mags, wich is also mad by the way.

chevalier

Novice
Well, guys, what can I say? I've just seen Tal's announcement on SP boards and so come here to check the news. You have my sympathy and I hope the idiot will get his ass whipped for that. Given he's Brasilian, that's not really likely, though. :(

It's no big deal to write message board software, especially if you don't have to cope with standardisation, compatibility and setup engine. It shouldn't even take lots of time. A good thing is that you could even have an all HTML board, using PHP only for adding posts etc, so it would work faster (using a separator and the PHP explode function, you could do without any external data files or database entries, at least for the board content). Problem is, if you wanted special protections, encryption and whatever such, you would need a guy who works in exactly that. Another problem would be writing a program to convert the old phpBB content into your own board format. Much more work than the boards themselves, IMHO. And the big scary thing is having to create all the pretty icons on your own. The reason I'm using premade board software on my site.

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
Saint_Proverbius said:
If they want to protest their government for anything, it should probably be the educational system that failed to teach them basic logic skills. If they think using script exploits on CRPG fan sites to post political statements in a language the majority of the world can't even read, nor cares much about, then that educational system has failed them.

I agree with this. The targets they chose are pretty weird. The best places to attack and spread thiis kind of message are high profile news sites, governmental agencies and similar outfits, not videogame sites (certainly not the Codex, that's for certain). I wonder just what the hell they were thinking.

Though, as for that Portuguese language blurb, if I'm not mistaken, Portuguese was the 7th or 8th most spoken language in the world with something between 170 and 200 million people speaking it. It's way behind something Chinese Mandarin, obviously, but I think it should hardly be considered a language most of the world can't read or doesn't care about.

And give me my quick reply option again, bitches. You're not Rick James and you ain't funny.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom