Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Code of the Savage - Ultima 6/7-inspired RPG

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
About the font - It would help to make it look more sharp/smooth, instead of keeping it pixelated/edgy as it is. I get it's supposed to go together with the visual style of the game, but it is jarring when trying to read.

God no, fonts that clash with the visual style of the rest of the game are one of my major pet peeves, I hate that shit. You all need to get some fucking glasses

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg
Desmond is a deaf and mute blacksmith living in Greenwood.
FpeosWdagAAil2D

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2106227726/code-of-the-savage-rpg/posts/3655683

Update 42: NPC crazy​

Greetings backers,

Again, I took very few notes on changes/fixes during this update period... So listing all the changes this time would be a bit meaningless. Rest assured the list would have been looooooooong. This is by no means a completely comprehensive update.

I've been more focused on development rather than putting out updates, particularly things like in-game books, NPCs, and NPC dialogue.

There are now 72 in-game books. There are 120 NPC's all of which have their daily schedules, portrait and base dialogue tree.

f3de8a09b5f96855ff984e239f0bf440_original.png

a564ac3f68bcf9332762a7b758f8f701_original.png

b599a0ae50f9a89c68a35127b73c8391_original.png
All human NPCs in the game so far
bce748335b5811ce61b9b64e7e54df84_original.png
Desmond is a deaf and mute blacksmith living in Greenwood
51dcb815a5dcfaf812ad613b049d4573_original.png
9 NPC portraits added

All the towns in the game are now fully populated with the "base" number of NPCs. More will be added, but I now have the minimum number for every town. This is a huge milestone for the game and it was a hell of a lot of work.

Ancient city tile set​

I've fleshed out the ancient city tile set. I wont go into detail about the story behind it, suffice to say that it is linked to the ancient ruins that can be found throughout the surface. You will uncover its secrets when you play the game :)

bb13f260a0ca37b3fe16c73e6c68a343_original.png

9c441797750e36451ba177d758f2cd12_original.png

23477481b80e67ae1a0ea3284eaaae3a_original.png

0c4da21850571def9d059646c103e2de_original.png

b0196ad8f01d6192b51c529b2cd1a3e8_original.png

I'm happy with how the game is progressing, and I've been very motivated to keep pushing through... Although development hell is definitely real...

Next time I hope to get a demo out that will allow you to explore more of the world now that the towns are fleshed out. Don't bother downloading the current demo, as it's waaaay out of date...

Keep an eye on CoTS Twitter, as that is where I post more frequent smaller updates.

Thank you all for your continued support, it means the world to me.

~Geoff

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

In Code of the Savage the player is free to attack and kill any NPC in the world... However this does not come without potential consequences...
Here is what happens when the player attacks an innocent NPC in a tavern.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
:necro:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2106227726/code-of-the-savage-rpg/posts/3737078

Update 43:​

Where have I been?​

Hi backers,

Yep, I've been away for a bit longer than planned. Moved house and got caught up in the world of renovations. Plus, I needed a break from development for a bit to clear my head– trust me, burnout is no joke. But I'm gearing back up and ready to dive in. Thanks for your patience.

Updates​

A lot of these updates were from before I took my break, but I have not posted them to the Kickstarter before.

I have just implemented a system for ambient sound. Different ambient sounds play depending on where the player happens to be (grasslands, forests, caves, badlands, beach, village, castle etc...). Smooth transitional fade ins help keep it all together.

Spore traps​

I was really happy with how these spore traps turned out. These spore traps can be found in the Mycoid caverns. (this update was added before the ambient sounds were included).

Guard NPCs and innocents​

Attacking innocent NPCs now has consequences. Certain NPCS will act as guards and rush to an innocents defense. Some NPCs will flee from attack, while others will defend themselves. It all depends on the personality of the NPC.

Added details​

Beyond the major additions, I've peppered the game with decorative objects to enhance immersion. From items that can be found, looted, and sold, to tiny tweaks and fixes. Here's a quick rundown:

• Added NPC emotes ! ? :) :(
  • Added custom NPC stats
  • Added NPC guard attribute
  • Added NPC innocent attribute
  • Removed distance limit for targeting NPC
  • Added guard NPCs now protect innocent NPCs
  • Fixed NPC giving random greeting in enemy or panic mode
  • Added fungal spore trap
  • Added Barbarians
  • Added Rock Golems
  • Added Oak Golem
  • Added NPC script hurt
  • Increased grass/dirt footstep sound volume
  • Changed XP given to random amount + or - 10% of base XP given
  • Rewrote the NPC greeting system
  • Added hunting knife and rusty knife
  • Fixed world container memory leak
  • Added stone stairs up and down
  • Added Zurlok cave
  • Rewrote blocker checker
  • Added hand mirror
  • Added dried meat
  • Added dried fish
  • Added flint and steel
  • Added folded blankets
  • Replaced coins sprite
  • Added wind chimes
  • Fixed alignment of furniture items
  • Fixed LOS check alignment
  • Added ambient background system
  • Added ancient wall carvings

~Geoff

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Holy shit! :d1p:

This looks fucking awesome. While Ultima VII combat was shit, the exploration part looks really good. AND YOU CAN BAKE BREAD! YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Holy shit! :d1p:

This looks fucking awesome. While Ultima VII combat was shit, the exploration part looks really good. AND YOU CAN BAKE BREAD! YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Makes me feel like there are people who love baking bread in a game but never in real life

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Baking bread irl is more satisfying. Way back in the early 90s maybe late 80s I had these cylinder auto bread makers. Put in ingredients press button. Far less fucking mess than the other way but you couldn’t make rolls and biscuits and every loaf came out as a cylinder. It also auto mixed dough. Course you miss out on the traditional way. I can’t imagine baking bread in a game is all that fantastic. And you can’t eat it.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Baking bread irl is more satisfying. Way back in the early 90s maybe late 80s I had these cylinder auto bread makers. Put in ingredients press button. Far less fucking mess than the other way but you couldn’t make rolls and biscuits and every loaf came out as a cylinder. It also auto mixed dough. Course you miss out on the traditional way. I can’t imagine baking bread in a game is all that fantastic. And you can’t eat it.
I have made pizza and Flatbread several time and i really love the smell of yeast wafting in the air and kneading the dough. The only reason i dont do it often is because flour are everywhere and pain in the ass to clean. One day my cats stepped on the flour and left white paw track everywhere

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member

Since ditching the grid based movement, I've needed to create all of the NPC movement AI behavior scripts from scratch.
These NPCs are set to follow the target at a specified distance. Each NPC has a random reaction time and also a slight offset in the distance they keep from the player to help things feel more natural.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom