Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Broken Hourglass interview at Four Fat Chicks

HardCode

Erudite
I will be ordering a box set from VD just so that I can sell it on eBay in 10 years for $1000 as a collector's item.

Hazelnut

Erudite
IIRC it was gonna be a posh hardcopy of the multi-headed dicks thread or something... :D

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
The_Pope said:
I like steam because it avoids regional price jumps.
I don't like Steam because it avoids regional price lowering. Games at retail are a lot less expensive in my country.

jcompton

Novice
Section8 said:
Interviews with humans are so much more interesting to read.

I make an effort. Over the years I have conducted interviews with countless businesspeople and while some are normal human beings, I've had more than my fill of programmed, uninformative responses. So if somebody is going to take the time out to interview me about something I feel is important, the least courtesy I can do to the interviewer and the audience is to try to be an actual person. Because I know what it's like to be on the other side of it, trying to make sense of non-answers like "Oh, we can't possibly tell you that, since we're a public/private company."

GhanBuriGhan

Erudite
The only other thing I'd say on that there's a lot of interesting potential in RPGs right now. If you look out at the landscape, we're not the only ones who are taking this approach and saying there's a game style out there that has been underexposed, and players who have been underserved for years now, and we're not the only ones who have decided to do something about it. There's Eschalon, there's Age of Decadence, there's Depths of Peril—these other games out there where independent developers, many of which have no professional experience, have said "well, I know what I like, I know what other people like, it's a shame these games aren't at retail, and we're going to try and fix some of that problem." I think if we all really get it together and get things out there, I think it could be a very exciting time for RPG enthusiasts. I do hope that everybody stays tuned.

I agree. I hope these projects come through, reach their goals in terms of gameplay, and set the precedent for future projects along the same lines. Good luck to all of you.

mister lamat

Scholar
i can't wait for the day we can call vd 'the father of lies' and bitch and moan about how he's killing the genre. until then, good luck indeed.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
No idea yet. I see no reason to sell it cheaper than what people pay for the boxes in stores though.

Kraszu

Prophet
Vault Dweller said:
No idea yet. I see no reason to sell it cheaper than what people pay for the boxes in stores though.

Cost of shipping? It can be some to Europe.

Btw what are you plan to have in manual, I don't like it be actual manual I got every information in game options anyway. You could add design note about haw your game was designed, why, and so on, that would have game tips in itself.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Kraszu said:
Vault Dweller said:

Cost of shipping? It can be some to Europe.
Too early to say.

Btw what are you plan to have in manual, I don't like it be actual manual I got every information in game options anyway. You could add design note about haw your game was designed, why, and so on, that would have game tips in itself.
Detailed info about the game's settings, factions, characters (no spoilers, common knowledge), systems, etc. Plus some concept art, certain design evolutions, including gui, etc.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom