Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Brian Reynolds Says Alpha Centauri 2 Unlikely

Fez

Erudite
This is true. It's unfortunate when you have to rely on part-time mod makers to deliver the goods you want.

Dmitron

Arbiter
kingcomrade said:
I liked to play as the survivalists and crush the UN while masturbating.

One of the great features of turn based gaming. The ability to stroke at your own pace.

Fez

Erudite
It helps when you have a mouse-driven interface that lets you have one hand free. I'm surprised you didn't go for Lady Deirdre if you wanted to get some mucky action going.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
Nah, playing as a bunch of rednecks with their guns while taking on the jet-set douche bag elite gets me off much more than some faggy hippy chick (small fry). Wasn't she a redhead, anyways? Don't like redheads.

Dmitron

Arbiter
kingcomrade said:
Nah, playing as a bunch of rednecks with their guns while taking on the jet-set douche bag elite gets me off much more than some faggy hippy chick (small fry). Wasn't she a redhead, anyways? Don't like redheads.

Nah, Miriam Godwinson of the fundamentalist Lord's Believers was the redhead. Christian States of America. How many games feature the chance to take on overt Christian fundies? Another reason to suck AC off.

Fez

Erudite
Some of the concept art for her was impressive. I'm sure you won't mind what colour her hair is after you've got your sticky fingers on her and her goods.

Her hippy squads could be tough when you had swarms of their mindworms coming at you.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
Taking on Christian fundies chancy? No insult to SMAC, but there are no repurcussions for attacking Christians in media. As a matter of fact it's pretty much in vogue. No better way to establish your creds as a tough no nonsense intellectual than to make fun of Christians.

Her hippy squads could be tough when you had swarms of their mindworms coming at you.
Just another reason to wipe them out sooner.

Some of the concept art for her was impressive.
Link?

Fez

Erudite
kingcomrade said:
Taking on Christian fundies chancy? No insult to SMAC, but there are no repurcussions for attacking Christians in media. As a matter of fact it's pretty much in vogue. No better way to establish your creds as a tough no nonsense intellectual than to make fun of Christians.

At least in SMAC they gave the fundies some teeth to bite back in this case.

Damn, I can't find any of the concept art around online any more. Shame. :(

I remember one of the developers admitting he did a double-take when he walked by the WIP painting of one of her concept images.

Dmitron

Arbiter
kingcomrade said:

You misunderstood.. I meant: The game didn't present the faction in a biased way. They were simply Christians (ok, extremist Christian..). I like that the game designers presented it without being self-conscious, or in an overtly negative way.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
I remember one of the developers admitting he did a double-take when he walked by the WIP painting of one of her concept images.
I take it they were a bit saucy?

@dmitron
Ah, okay. My mistake. I did like the ideological basis of the factions rather than ethnicity. When you play as America in Civ 4 after the industrial revolution don't your little people icons suddenly go from native american to whitey? Makes no sense.

Dmitron

Arbiter
kingcomrade said:
When you play as America in Civ 4 after the industrial revolution don't your little people icons suddenly go from native american to whitey? Makes no sense.

Civ fools players into believing they're experiencing history on an accelerated time line. They could add Loony Tunes and Basketball Stars civilizations and the game would play the same. Aren't I snarky? I attack Civ..

Fez

Erudite
Saucy indeed, kingcomrade. I think the artists enjoyed working on her set.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom