Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Bloom: Memories - a new kind of action adventure RPG by Studio Fawn

AN4RCHID

Arcane
It's now funded, congrats Studio Fawn. Looking forward to seeing more of this game.

Studio Fawn

Studio Fawn
Developer
It's now funded, congrats Studio Fawn. Looking forward to seeing more of this game.

It has been a lot of work, but we couldn't have made it this far without the support of those who believed in what we were doing and helped us spread the word and push us forward :)

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I like the behind-the-scenes updates. I wish more projects would have that.
Well done and congratulations.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
If Studio Fawn are moving towards completion of the game, then hats off. We're rating the game, not the person.

And it may not be my cup of tea, but the screens look very good.

I take that back what I said about retardo'ing and not going anywhere.

Studio Fawn

Studio Fawn
Developer
I just realized it has been over a year since I was around!

Ok, a little update....since, well, I've advanced the art a lot (oh and the world is pretty giant now, over 200 different maps, dozens of characters, and so much more ;) ). Soooooooo, here are some pictures. (( you can find more stuff on the KS updates. Oh, check out the music btw, it is pretty awesome I think :D https://www.kickstarter.com/project...ries-a-new-kind-of-action-adventure-rpg/posts ))

10920271_945025388856162_6903443857449025325_o.jpg

93e333d773be8d21204fb8d8c3223dc8_large.jpg

53a67bafdaa6fda68bf83e2300f692ac_large.jpg

fdc74345b2f1bf46e9e8ac54da1f2393_large.jpg

6568cff3bf8105b1bd439f03961bd096_large.jpg

6ed792286c618495e33705b7fe3e2875_large.jpg

baa729f085910b834b2080619e32f68a_large.jpg

:kfc:

Last edited:

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Great art as usual. Glad to see you're chugging along.

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
This was an interesting thread in more than one way...

The art is just gorgeous, and the musical samples are lovely.
Even if the game ends up sucking, I'd actually buy this just to listen to the music and to flip through the art books!

Do you think you're on track for the December 2015 release date promised on the kickstarter?

Darkzone

Arcane
The combination of music and visual art will be very interesting. I hope it builds an nice emotional background.

Perkel

Arcane
looks great, sounds great
now we need to know its systems or it is actually adventure game with like someone said faux RPG mechanics.

Do we even know if it is turn based aka good or some action rtpw papamole ?

Athelas

Arcane
Why is it called 'Bloom'?

And don't tell me it's because you're going to add a bloom filter to the game at some point.

Perkel

Arcane
Bloom option should be as stretch goal. 30k bloom added to game. 100k bloom removed from game.

Darkzone

Arcane
looks great, sounds great now we need to know its systems or it is actually adventure game with like someone said faux RPG mechanics.
What i know is, that this is action rpg, where you have 3 different ways to solve problmes. Stealth, Diplomacy and by Force. The way you solve problems change you during the game. So by slaying enemies you can integrate their things into your character.
In my experience for stealth you need RT to make it exciting. I could tell you more if i would get the demo as a backer, but i have no intention of doing this.

Looks great, why didn't I back this!:negative:
Because you listen to much to other people on the codex. Stand up to the codex and you may see things, beyond its borders.

And don't tell me it's because you're going to add a bloom filter to the game at some point.

Bloom: Memories is the name. I think that this is something about the story, the main character and its story. Read the Kickstarter description.

Snorkack

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Wow. If gameplay keeps up with graphics and music, this is gonna be a masterpiece.
Pledged for your second pitch, unfortunately missed your 3rd and successful one tho.

Studio Fawn

Studio Fawn
Developer
Glad you guys like where things are headed! :)

We got plenty more planned too. Good or bad, Bloom will definitely be unique / interesting (hopefully also good :P) haha.

Do you think you're on track for the December 2015 release date promised on the kickstarter?

Right now things are a little uncertain. I'll probably be doing an update soon if we decide to push it back though. After the kickstarter ended, the animator bailed on us (which meant I needed to learn to rig and animate....along with doing all of the artwork / writing / majority of design in the game). I'm not going to limit the amount of creature types though because of the extra work, I feel the game needs enough to feel right...even if it is a mountain of extra work. And the programmer has been balancing his life (family and full-time work) along with bloom....so, it has been an interesting year to say the least.

Oh, and since we are insane, we also expanded the scope of the game after the kickstarter :) More mechanics, more creatures, bigger world...

Bloom has never been about the easiest or fastest path to pushing a game out for some quick $$$. This is really something deeply personal for me and I'm trying to make the game something I can be proud of that connects with people.

Either way, if we decide to push the release date back a bit to make sure the game is complete, we will try to give more to backers to make it right ((extra tier stuff? or something, haven't quite figured it out yet)) (and, of course, backers will be getting extras way down the road too....this is hopefully just the very beginning of studio fawn :).

I'm not an "old school" developer. I've actually never personally sold anything to people before. So, all of the people who believed in what I'm doing and donated to the campaign to help me make this game means the world to me. They aren't just "customers" who bought a copy early....to me they are people who stood next to some random nobody to help create a dream (which is something pretty amazing IMO. It is easy to discourage and trash talk...but standing up and giving support is a special quality and can encourage a person to do more than they might have before).

It isn't turn based :P Would have been wayyyy easier to be turn based....but, meh, the real-time stuff seems so much nicer IMO.

Looks great, why didn't I back this!:negative:

Thanks! :D We actually still have the tiers on our website with paypal set up if anyone wants to throw moneys at us :) At this point it isn't a big deal though. We still have enough moneys for quite a while (and we have gotten the attention of some major publishers, if we decide to do that).

I think the hardest part is over, now it is just about waking up every day and working and dedicating ourselves to the project :) Pretty much my life since kickstarter ended, I just work :|

Lots of reasons. One of them is that I came up with the idea around the time I started transitioning :P The game and I have grown alongside each other. You can even see that at the start of this thread, how much more simple the game was during the failed kickstarter before (it has gotten quite a bit deeper).

Wow. If gameplay keeps up with graphics and music, this is gonna be a masterpiece.

Thanks! :D We are going to mess with the game play until it is right. Testing, adjusting, constantly pushing and evolving....it is part of the process for everything (for example, I've redone the starting forest area 3 or 4 times now. The game art has actually evolved a LOT since the early maps).

Same with music, me and Jose go back and forth about feelings we are shooting for and what is happening in the story at those points and work out tracks that just feels right. Sometimes we end up with quite a few stabs at it before finding something right.

And, of course, game play gets the same attention. Like an earlier build we took to indiecade last year that I watched some people play made it painfully obvious we were doing the main ability wrong.

and the kickstarter brought only 61.5k for a team of 4 people and 2 years of work.

It is even less than you imagine !_! Once you take out the 10% for kickstarter / amazon and then the taxes and enough to fulfill backer rewards :| But it was still a HUUUUUGEEE help. Haha I had absolutely nothing when we finally did our last kickstarter. Actually, I was living off of a little money my brother loaned me to keep going. But now things are a lot easier.

This has always been about making it happen with what we have though :) It has never been "will bloom get made", it has always just been a question of how hard it would be to make it :D

Darkzone

Arcane
Studio Fawn
Then i'm glad to have backed your third attempt. Give your best.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom