Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community Bethesda developer on the FO fans reaction

errorcode

Liturgist
Volourn said:
"Volourn, i've been reading your posts for years now "

Who are you/ And, years? I've only been on the 'net for 2-3 years MAX but you've been reading me for YEARS? Whiule talk about taking it to the minimum. Wowsers!

"i've never seen you be the type of poster that devs would take seriously. "

You'd be dead wrong as devs HAVE taken me seriously and we've had some good disucssions. i tend not to go out of my way to flame devs too much though I do poke fun at them from time to time as they do with me.

"No offense"

Don't lie. you mean offense so don't pretend otherwise. please, and thank you.

"even the other posters generally don't take you that seriously."

Another lie. The repsonses I get from various posters kinda disproves your theory hotshot. Beleive me, some psoters think of me as a joke; others take me seriously.

What's funny is I get acused of being childish yet these punks flame me childishly wavering their arms around. LMAO
I'm not trying to pick a fight. I've been browsing the boards for about 2 1/2-3 years now and i've seen you around most of that time. so, yeah, i've seen you around for years.

And i'm not trying to be offensive, you're just getting defensive. I've just never seen you having a discussion on any forum with any developer, at least nothing more than one of your one liners or some joke comment, but if i'm wrong then i apologize.

As to my comment about other posters not taking you too seriously, that stems more from a lack any substantial discussions i've witnessed. You stating your opinions on something repeatedly, while taking snips at folks who disagree with you, doesn't count towards my idea of substantial discussions. Once again, this is just from what i've seen and if i'm wrong then i apologize.

Calling me a child, a punk, and a liar while splitting hairs about the definition of what i mean by years doesn't help your arguement either.

Seven

Erudite
And, i know i'm in the minority, but i don't see SPECIAL as being fundamental to Fallout, at least not as it was presented in FO1 or FO2. Technology has moved on and the ability to offer players more choices is there. Why limit what they could do because of a system that was created 7 years ago

Look at the SPECIAL syetem and now look at 3.5E. And yeah SPECIAL came out 7 years ago and 3.5E is relatively reccent. BTW, what would you replace it with, a class-based system, why? Classes restrict choice interms of character development and game choices. SPECIAL is a fit for FO, perhaps it can be improved upon, but moving to RT or a class system doesn'y make sense.

as long as it stay with the spirit of what Fallout had. But that's just my opinion, and i know it's most likely not a popular one.

What's the spirit of FO and who gets to decide this? I'm not putting my faith in Bethesda if that's what you're asking or expecting.

Right now RPG codex, as a whole, should have the goal of getting the devs to be willing to talk to them.

I'm of the opposite opinion, the dev should give us something to talk about that's worthy of discussion, not OMG twitched based RT with phat lewt like TES.

tilting_msh

Formerly Judas
Patron
Codex 2012
Transcendent One said:
So you think Fallout's oldest fan community should not be considered when developing a new installment to the series?
I never said that. I said that they are no longer listened to, mainly because of people like this:

Sheriff05 said:
That's exactly right shitbird, Since We all know the real majority that they "listen to" are a bunch of adolescent ass kissing MMORPG players who all own consoles.
So leave us to our ranting and cynicism because above all else you obtuse motherfuckers simply fail to realize that most folks here really do not give shit. Fallouts dead -you see, and all the corpse raping bean-counters with good intentions paved that road to hell the day they got on the phone with Herve.
...who are unable to even have a discussion with somebody about Fallout without turning into an angry, obnoxious child. Name-calling and obnoxious language: The legacy of the NMA/Codex Fallout community. You aren't known for preserving the good name of Fallout, you're known for being a bunch of freakishly obsessive whiny jackasses. I'm sorry to be so antagonistic, but it's true.

And you even admit, Sheriff05, that Fallout is dead and buried, yet you still obsess. Maybe take a step back and realize you're getting this worked up OVER A FUCKING GAME.

Seven said:
I know you weren't trying to be offensive so I'll simply say this: go ask Microforte, the Lionheart team, and the FO: POS team how much influence we have: I think MF almost went belly up (also related to Iply's shitty dev record), and the others how inconsequential we are. You know, underestimate us, that's great because in the long term it makes that KO that much easier.
KO? What are you talking about.

Are you suggesting that "you" and the rest of the NMA/Codex crowd were somehow responsible for the failures of Lionheart and FO:BOS? I'll admit you were right about SPECIAL real-time, etc, but you were not the only ones who had doubts about those games. Maybe I'm misinterpreting you, but you almost act as if you were the only ones who knew the games were doomed from the get-go, which is not the case. You were simply more vocal about it...but in the end what did that accomplish? I don't think your influence is large enough to affect a large amount of potential buyers...

Seven

Erudite
Mech said:

I guess you must have a two minute memory, so I'll refresh it:

Pete Hines: Again, it's early to say, but it wouldn't be a leap of faith to say that we plan to use technologies in development otherwise. You could make some fairly safe leaps of faith that it would be similar in style. We're not going to go away from what it is that we do best. We're not going to suddenly do a top-down isometric Baldur's Gate-style game, because that's not what we do well.

Was TES an RT game? And since SPECIAL was designed for TB then I guess they're going to have to make some drastic changes to SPECIAL, right? Jeez, sorry here I was think that even the average simiam as able to do a little deductive reasoning I guess I must have been wrong. :roll:

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Errorcode: You obviously ddin't read my entire post, and you obviously haven't read enough of my posts but just a small snippet of them. In fact, a very small number of them. I get along great with people who disagree with me. It's the one who take what i post perosnally are the ones who tend to have a problem with me.

I've had mutiplle discussions with devs. Some are trading one liners; others are serious discussions. Just depends. If you'd stop being sod efensive you'd see I'm not being defensive but simply trying to state my opinion. An opinion you happen to dislike so you take perosnal affront to you. Afterall, you have "followed" me (ooo stalker) for 3 or so years yet unless you have replied to me under another user name this is the first you've responded to me. Coincidence? I think not.

Let me make this clear. I have not attacked Beth dves perosnally. i have not spammed or flamed, or trolled their boards just to cry about it. All I have stated is that I cna't give them the benefit of the doubt on this because they have yet to make one game I've enjoyed yet. Comprehende? Not complciated and not personal either. Just a fact.

I hope they make a great game; but I doubt considering the hsitory; that'll it be for me.

Voss

Erudite
Mech said:
Bethesa didn't want to announce it! Interplay announced who they sold the right to and Bethesda didn't have a choice about the matter. So before you all bitch and complain about why they announced it, IT WASN'T THEIR CHOICE.

They did a lot of interviews for not wanting to announce it. A lot of interviews that involve saying 'its too early to say'.
One press release ackowledging that they have the license, and are still in the planning stages and a 'watch this space for further announcements' would have been more than sufficient. Instead they've spammed the game sites with empty interviews, and instead of saying 'wait and see', have gotten involved in virtual brawls with the more rabid fallout fans. Thats not a good thing.

Feargus Urquhart said:
Mabye you won't like what they make Fallout into. However, if whatever game they make is successful there is probably a greater chance that the game you down want to be made, will eventually be made

Nice try with the voice of reason thing, but I disagree about this last bit. Usually if a game is successful, successors follow that formula pretty rigidly. Bethesda (quite rightly, from their point of view) is going to use what they see as the best aspects of their previous games, and if FO3 is sucessful, they won't suddenly decide to go back to something similar to the original fallout (which is what the rabid fallout fans want) for FO4, 5, etc... It simply wouldn't make any sense to do so.

Seven

Erudite
Judas said:
Are you suggesting that "you" and the rest of the NMA/Codex crowd were somehow responsible for the failures of Lionheart and FO:BOS? I'll admit you were right about SPECIAL real-time, etc, but you were not the only ones who had doubts about those games. Maybe I'm misinterpreting you, but you almost act as if you were the only ones who knew the games were doomed from the get-go, which is not the case. You were simply more vocal about it...but in the end what did that accomplish? I don't think your influence is large enough to affect a large amount of potential buyers...

You know I love it how after the fact every one likes to clamor forth and I say: "I said so too". Well oddly enough I seemed to have not heard you, all I heard was the collective out cry of the FO community, so you'll excuse me if I don't dance for joy at your revelation that others predicted those flops too cause certainly you very quiet about your predictions.

Mech

Cipher
Seven said:
Mech said:

I guess you must have a two minute memory, so I'll refresh it:

Pete Hines: Again, it's early to say, but it wouldn't be a leap of faith to say that we plan to use technologies in development otherwise. You could make some fairly safe leaps of faith that it would be similar in style. We're not going to go away from what it is that we do best. We're not going to suddenly do a top-down isometric Baldur's Gate-style game, because that's not what we do well.

Was TES an RT game? And since SPECIAL was designed for TB then I guess they're going to have to make some drastic changes to SPECIAL, right? Jeez, sorry here I was think that even the average simiam as able to do a little deductive reasoning I guess I must have been wrong. :roll:

Odd, you apperantly read somewhere that they ARE going to make it real time.
So as I said before...
Hypocrite.

errorcode

Liturgist
Seven said:
Look at the SPECIAL syetem and now look at 3.5E. And yeah SPECIAL came out 7 years ago and 3.5E is relatively reccent. BTW, what would you replace it with, a class-based system, why? Classes restrict choice interms of character development and game choices. SPECIAL is a fit for FO, perhaps it can be improved upon, but moving to RT or a class system doesn'y make sense.
I never said anything on a class based system, DnD 3.5, or having a replacement system, all i said was why whould they limit themselves from even considering improveing on or modifying a 7 your old system.
Seven said:
What's the spirit of FO and who gets to decide this? I'm not putting my faith in Bethesda if that's what you're asking or expecting.
Then all the more reason to try and open up a communication channel with the devs now and try to have some impact.
Seven said:
I'm of the opposite opinion, the dev should give us something to talk about that's worthy of discussion, not OMG twitched based RT with phat lewt like TES.

But they didn't ay anything about twitched based RT with phat lewt like TES. Thats basically hyperbole from other forum boarders. They basically said that nothing is set in stone at this point, they're looking at there options, and they most likely will not do a 2/3 perspective, isometric view BG type game. the only thing i got from that was that they're not going with a specific camera angle for there game.

Pretty much, from what i've seen, the bethesda folks having been having to run around and respond with very limited info to interplay letting the cat out of the bag way too early. But the fact that a dev posted on something awful personally, not as a rep of the company, tells me that there are devs who would be open to discussion with the fans, if it didn't almost certainly entail being flamed, cussed out, and having their words misconstrued.

tilting_msh

Formerly Judas
Patron
Codex 2012
Seven said:
Judas said:

I know I love it how after the fact every one likes to clamor forth and I say: "I said so too". Well oddly enough I seemed to have not heard you, all I heard was the collective out cry of the FO community, so you'll excuse me if I don't dance for joy at your revelation that others predicted those flops too cause certainly you very quiet about your predictions.
It's hard to hear anybody over the collective outcry of the Fallout community. :wink:

I can honestly say I had my doubts, but you're right - I never out-and-out said so, so I suppose you have me there. But really - you don't honestly believe that you were the only ones smart enough to figure out that FO:BOS was going to suck, do you? Just because some of us chose not to make death threats and 100-page long curse filled threads about it, doesn't mean that we couldn't see that it was an obvious dud. Many people voiced their concerns (and I was there, at the Interplay forum) in a less loud and hostile, and therefore less memorable, I suppose, way.

Seven

Erudite
Mech said:
So as I said before...
Hypocrite.

You sniveling little jackass. First off a hypocrite is some one who critizes others when he or she is doing the same thing. What you CAN accuse me of is JUMPING TO CONCLUSIONS, got it? Next, if you think that Folowind will not be in RT then you are braindead. They will be using technologies that they have developed, they haven't created an TB engine in how long? SINCE BEFORE I CAN REMEMBER. The game (Folllowind) will rememble their other games interms aof style and gameplay, when was the last time that they made a TB game? SINCE BEFORE I CAN REMEMBER.

BRING SOME FUCKING FACTS YOU FUCKTARD, what is this on-liner shit that relies on baseless and brainless incoherance?

crufty

Arcane
Feargus Urquhart said:
In other words - what you guys are saying is not helping your case. I'm sure Bethesda will listen to some of what you guys say if the words "No Talent Ass Clowns" or "it better be better than MW" are not included in every sentance.

Maybe, maybe not. Ok, Bethesda Devs, I'd be surprised if you were still reading here...here is what I, senor crufty, would like to see in my very own fallout game.
1. A 3d isometeric interface. Let me zoom out ridiculously far and zoom in ridiculously close. 2D kind of sucks sometimes. If somebody wants a 2d interface, let them disable the rotate. This is a big one, because nobody really lets you zoom out very far these days. NWN to a degree, but that doesn't count, as it's not...
2. Turn based combat. Because I'm too crufty to direct the action in real time.
3. Full party control. Yes yes it's fun and all having my teammates waste me, but I would like to be able to control their inventory and their combat movements.
4. Dogmeat
5. Give me a car
6. That I can arm
7. And let me buy a few for my teammates
8. And let me start my own gang
8a. vis-a-vis Dark Future. Not car wars. Dark future.
9. give me a gun out of the blocks. None of this starting with a knife shit.
10. Give me peversion. Not simply murderous, bloody satanic perversion--but dark, twisted perversion like the kind propogated by fat politicians. Or, fly to Tijuana and just watch 24 hours go by.
10a. Give me a story that follows the memes of the post-apoc. worlds. Isolation. Despair. A world gone terribly wrong, people trying to make it right, but following a different moral path then what we know today.
10b. Read the mangas "Grey", "Frontierline"
11. And make it funny.
12. And gibs. Lots of gibs.
13. Focus on specific events and one off action. Avoid copy/paste events. That's part of the magic of FO (and nethack). Avoid the tempationt to write design docs that say "This is bob. He says foo, and uses model A. This is fred, he says bar, and uses model B. Other than that, the impact on the game world is the same, except the player knows foo and bar." Not every npc has to be unique, but the more little things a player can do, the better the environment. The more interactions between actors outside of the player, the more involving the environment.
13a. And because it's turn based, you won't need as MANY locales to stretch the game out.
13b. But still give us a lot.
14. Watch kung fu movies for plot inspiration. You don't see the anti-hero of Iron Monkey going on any fex-ex quests do you? No, he's just a hungry mofo who steals some rice, see, because his son is in jail, and now he needs to go hunt down the local robin hood to get his son out--but the locals all love the Iron Monkey, and won't serve him so his theft leads to...the Iron Monkey. etc.
15. Include obscure pulp / pop references. Special encounters, etc.
16. The story arc, that's a toughie. Location is everything. Well, how about Florida for starters? Stick it in the dirty south. Lots of long stretches of highways suitable for car fighting. Also, alligators, and mutant alligators. And the keys, with bermuda.
16a. For the actual story, well, don't be afraid to blend lines -- FO is great because of the shades of grey. Not like NWN, where we have Aribeth who one minute is "Good" and the next minute "bad" for all the right reasons. More characters like Jules in Pulp Fiction. Most console games are so black and white, I think that's a reason for most of the "fallout" yuk yuk.
17. And no respawning monsters, that's a personal pet peeve. If I've laid waste to an area, I want it desolate.

Well, that's a start.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"if it didn't almost certainly entail being flamed, cussed out, and having their words misconstrued. "

1. I have not flamed them unless saying you dislike certain games or companies is wrong and consired flaming.

2. I definitely haven't cussed them out.

3. I haven't misconstrued their words, or at least surely haven't tried to though I did use what little common sense I had to determine what they mean by their answer in various interviews like 'we'll stick with what we're best at" etc., etc.

Nothing wrong with that at all.

Seven

Erudite
I never said anything on a class based system, DnD 3.5, or having a replacement system, all i said was why whould they limit themselves from even considering improveing on or modifying a 7 your old system.

I was tryig to draw a comparisson between the two system "the 7 year old outdated system" and the reccent one (3.5E). There's no need to get defensive. The point I was trying to make is the the 7 year old system still stacks up well to the newer competition.

As to your other points, well they're valid from your POW, but I disagree, and I don't think "Too soon to comment" excuses some of the stuff that they have said.

errorcode

Liturgist
Volourn said:
If you'd stop being sod efensive you'd see I'm not being defensive but simply trying to state my opinion. An opinion you happen to dislike so you take perosnal affront to you. Afterall, you have "followed" me (ooo stalker) for 3 or so years yet unless you have replied to me under another user name this is the first you've responded to me. Coincidence? I think not

huh? how am i being defensive or taking a personal affront? I responded to your post and i've stated my case. I've also stated that these were my views and if i was mistaken, then i apologize.

I encountered you on the interplay boards and on the bioware boards, both under different names. I've also been a lurker on these boards for a while, but i've never had anything i wanted to weigh in on until now, so i made a new handle and jumped it.

i said my post was from my experiences on the various boards, and if you've had discussions that i've missed, then i apologize for my mis-statement.

Sheriff05

Liturgist
Judas said:
...who are unable to even have a discussion with somebody about Fallout without turning into an angry, obnoxious child. Name-calling and obnoxious language: The legacy of the NMA/Codex Fallout community. You aren't known for preserving the good name of Fallout, you're known for being a bunch of freakishly obsessive whiny jackasses. I'm sorry to be so antagonistic, but it's true.

And you even admit, Sheriff05, that Fallout is dead and buried, yet you still obsess. Maybe take a step back and realize you're getting this worked up OVER A FUCKING GAME.

[

Whose worked up? I am laughing my ass off at people like yourselves expense
Half the shit storm here would not be going on if the dimwits on whatever forum you've crawled out from didn't get their panties tied in a knot by the reaction over here.
Check all the registries in the last couple days if your looking for people really getting worked up OVER A FUCKING GAME.

In case you missed it, what I do get worked up over is scumbag software developers trying to milk every last fucking dime out of anything that was ever cool, I am just venting against pathetic human nature.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Errorcode:The fact you came out with guns ablazing you don't mean your apology. Just be a man and continue on with misconceptions based on reading a handful of posts sicne you've seemed to miss a lot. Encounter me? Funny, i don't remember encountering you anywhere. This is the first time you've directed a tirade at me (unless you have a hidden user name), and all because I dare to say I dislike Bethseda games. Not them as people; but their games. Geez.

Fireblade

Erudite
Nightjed said:
errorcode said:
first, consoles are not the horror story they once were to PC gamers. Most consoles are becoming mini-PCs anyway and the leaked specs on the Xbox 2 rivals most PC gamers home rigs. Most consoles also support USB keyboards and USB mouses. Consoles are not nearly as restrictive as they used to be.
didnt they say they would use 256mb of ram for the xbox 2 ? yeah, that really sounds like a rival against current 1 gb ram pcs (and that will probably grow to 2 gbs soon), the xbox 1 allready has a lot of problems with the lack of ram, they never learn

Actually the spec says 256 OR MORE of RAM, 256 is just specified as the minimum, who knows what the final value will be.

Besides the RAM, the XBox 2 stats actually utterly blow away any existing or near-future PC. Triple 3.5GHz PowerPC CPU, 22.4GB/sec memory bandwidth. That's about triple the CPU speed and over triple the memory bandwidth that even the very highest-end PCs today have. Also has a graphics chip that's faster than the X800 XT and 6800 Ultra. Plus hardware audio decompression. Pretty scary, but no doubt the games will still suck ass.

errorcode

Liturgist
Volourn said:
Errorcode:The fact you came out with guns ablazing you don't mean your apology. Just be a man and continue on with misconceptions based on reading a handful of posts sicne you've seemed to miss a lot. Encounter me? Funny, i don't remember encountering you anywhere. This is the first time you've directed a tirade at me (unless you have a hidden user name), and all because I dare to say I dislike Bethseda games. Not them as people; but their games. Geez.
i'm done Volourn. I've apologized and anything more you say is just insulting my attempt to be polite. I've already said where i've seen you from and that it was under other handles.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Polite? LMAO You call charging in like a mad bull polite? Maybe faus pas politeness is acceptable to you; but not me.

If you can't tkae the heat don't bring the flame throwers.

Come back when you will play honest and upright then I'll be polite back.

tilting_msh

Formerly Judas
Patron
Codex 2012
Sheriff05 said:
Whose worked up? I am laughing my ass off at people like yourselves expense
Ironic, considering the rest of the gaming world laughs at you ("you" meaning the hardcore, angry Fallout community).

Half the shit storm here would not be going on if the dimwits on whatever forum you've crawled out from didn't get their panties tied in a knot by the reaction over here.
Check all the registries in the last couple days if your looking for people really getting worked up OVER A FUCKING GAME.
Yet the majority of the foul language and temper-tantrums over the announcement seems to be coming from the regulars...

OH, and check all the new registires at the Bethesda forums. Are they dimwits, too?

In case you missed it, what I do get worked up over is scumbag software developers trying to milk every last fucking dime out of anything that was ever cool, I am just venting against pathetic human nature.
My god man, they haven't even released any actual GAME INFO, yet. Don't you think it's a tad too hasty to be declaring the end of Fallout? I suppose if Troika got the license they wouldn't be "milking" it, but rather "saving" it, right?

Mech

Cipher
Seven said:
Mech said:
So as I said before...
Hypocrite.

You sniveling little jackass. First off a hypocrite is some one who critizes others when he or she is doing the same thing. What you CAN accuse me of is JUMPING TO CONCLUSIONS, got it? Next, if you think that Folowind will not be in RT then you are braindead. They will be using technologies that they have developed, they haven't created an TB engine in how long? SINCE BEFORE I CAN REMEMBER. The game (Folllowind) will rememble their other games interms aof style and gameplay, when was the last time that they made a TB game? SINCE BEFORE I CAN REMEMBER.

BRING SOME FUCKING FACTS YOU FUCKTARD, what is this on-liner shit that relies on baseless and brainless incoherance?

You said I guess SPECIAL isn't as fundamental as we thought
I said that the PR guy has to be vauge because it's his job and that you are talking like a guru
You said you weren't talking like a Guru
I point out that you assume they won't use special because of what the PR guy said and call you a hypcrite.
You go on some rant about real time.
I ask what realtime has to do with you being a hypocrite.
You bring up how because TES is a RT game, so Fallout 3 will be too.
I bring up that you are once again making assumptions like a guru, and call you a hypocrite once again.
You then start swearing a whole bunch and say "First off a hypocrite is some one who critizes others when he or she is doing the same thing."
A hypocrite is also someone who says one thing, and then goes on to contradict themsevles.
You said "I wasn't talking like a guru"
you then said "Was TES an RT game? And since SPECIAL was designed for TB then I guess they're going to have to make some drastic changes to SPECIAL"

As anyone can plainly see, you are being a hypocrite.
Enough evidence for you?

errorcode

Liturgist
Seven said:
I was tryig to draw a comparisson between the two system "the 7 year old outdated system" and the reccent one (3.5E). There's no need to get defensive. The point I was trying to make is the the 7 year old system still stacks up well to the newer competition.

As to your other points, well they're valid from your POW, but I disagree, and I don't think "Too soon to comment" excuses some of the stuff that they have said.

folks are really concerned about folks getting defensive. I just wasn't sure where you got the DnD 3.5 reference from. I think your right, that SPECIAL stacks up really well against the new revised 3.5 DnD ruleset. But i don't think that means that its immune to needing updating or revising of it's own. I'm probably mistaken, but i thought i read a long time back that a couple devs on the Van Buren project thought that certain aspects of SPECIAL needed to be overhauled, but i can't remember who or when so it's probably something i misunderstood.

I think that the folks on RPG codex have two things in there favor. One, they know fallout. Two, they are a recognized source of "word of mouth" in the game industry. If they were to actually try to talk to a dev, especially a dev who isn't interplay, and be willing to accept some changes if it meant that the spirit of fallout was preserved, then the odds of getting a game that brings fallout back to the forefront of RPGs and generates the profits needed to keep the franchise going foreward would increase dramatically.

But damning the game and fostering a hostile environment that will alienate the devs before they've even had a chance to hear your thoughts will only bring about a truly final end to the type of Fallout you've all been waiting for all these years.

Txiasaeia

Novice
Bethesda, on the off-chance that you're reading this: keep the story/feel of Fallout intact, but if you have to do it first person, look at Deus Ex (1, NOT 2) as an example and not your own Morrowind. This is not to say that Morrowind was terrible, but that Deus Ex was closer to an RPG than MW, and above all Fallout 3 *needs* to be a true RPG. What made Fallout great was not the expansiveness, but the tight story and freedom to do what you want - WITHIN the scope of that story. In other words, the illusion of freedom, not actual freedom to do anything (a la MW). Getting the rights to Fallout is a mixed blessing - you get to work with fire, but you also have to play with fire ;) That's all. Good luck! Succeed and you'll be hailed as heroes; fail and you'll be crucified - I don't envy you ;)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom