Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Battle Brothers + Beasts & Exploration, Warriors of the North and Blazing Deserts DLC Thread

Fuck. I forgot how good Battle Brothers is. I am going to bed way too late today.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
From reddit cesspool
I will list the most relevant informations about Battle Brothers and Menace here. Also, sorry if my english is a bit wonky now, it is already late in Germany.

BB

-> One of the devs very clearly hinted that they plan to release a small content update for BB before Menace comes out.

-> One of the devs said that he COULD imagine making a Battle Brothers 2 game after Menace. This was more of a theoretical thought, but it shows that they really consider coming back to BB after a while.

Apart from this nothing new, they just said that they were really exhausted with BB and needed Menace as a way to work on somethink new and fresh.

Now to Menace. There was sadly not much new information about the game in the video, which you can't already read on the steampage. But a few noteworthy thinks were:

-> while they are making steady progress Menace takes more time than anticipated and will likely be releast in the first half of 2025 instead of this year.

-> the streamer was able to watch them play and said that he really sees a lot of potential and Battle Brothers character in it. The devs also said that they really think it will also appeal to the battle brothers community.

-> the game will also be hard but way easier to get into than BB and not as punishing. This time they wanted their game to be able to be enjoyed by a bigger audience. This time the game will actually start easier and become more difficult with time.

-> The game will have a bigger focus on an overarching story.

-> The maps were fights take place will be pretty large, much bigger compared to XCOM.

Serus

Arcane
Patron
This time they wanted their game to be able to be enjoyed by a bigger audience.
I never like the sound of a developer saying that. It more often than not translates to: "Let's dumb this down so that morons could enjoy it". I hope it isn't the case here.
This part, OTOH, gives me hope and actually would be a very good thing to do:
This time the game will actually start easier and become more difficult with time.

Overall I'm happy that they possibly consider making BB2 at some point and I'm waiting for Menace with hope as well.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Well, reddest red flag if you ask me is that Devs stopped posting on Codex. There wasn't one time when that happend and games became better. They sold better sometimes, but never became better

Shaki

Arbiter
This time they wanted their game to be able to be enjoyed by a bigger audience.
I never like the sound of a developer saying that. It more often than not translates to: "Let's dumb this down so that morons could enjoy it".

That's exactly it. As I always said, good dev is a poor dev. Once they have even the smallest financial success, they taste the money and it's over. They will keep sacrificing the quality to chase the dollar.

Cogemesiter

Literate
I couldn’t find any other threads on Battle Brothers, but would you reccomend it at the current price with all the DLCs? Sell me on the game. Also it is sad to hear about them wanting to make the game more accessible to a bigger audience, gatekeeping is how you keep games good.

rojay

Scholar
Watch a few videos, but if you like turn-based, tactical combat it's a no-brainer. The base game is damn near perfect. Your first few runs will end in sorrow but you'll eventually learn the systems well enough to survive until the mid-game and then your next few runs will end in sorrow. Eventually, if you stick with it, you'll be steamrolling everything that comes your way with some notable exceptions that you should discover for yourself.

It was the first game in 10 years where I said to myself, "just one more turn" before going to sleep. It's addictive and I'd buy it again at full price.

I can only tell you about a few of the DLC - beasts and exploration, northern raiders and the southern (Islamic) thing. All of those are good, but were I you I'd just start with the base game and if you enjoy it, buy the DLC too.

Cogemesiter

Literate
Watch a few videos, but if you like turn-based, tactical combat it's a no-brainer. The base game is damn near perfect. Your first few runs will end in sorrow but you'll eventually learn the systems well enough to survive until the mid-game and then your next few runs will end in sorrow. Eventually, if you stick with it, you'll be steamrolling everything that comes your way with some notable exceptions that you should discover for yourself.

It was the first game in 10 years where I said to myself, "just one more turn" before going to sleep. It's addictive and I'd buy it again at full price.

I can only tell you about a few of the DLC - beasts and exploration, northern raiders and the southern (Islamic) thing. All of those are good, but were I you I'd just start with the base game and if you enjoy it, buy the DLC too.

Thanks for the quick reply. Lately I’ve been enjoying Quasimorph which is a turn based “tactical” type game but revolving around just you and not a group, but I’ve been enjoying it. I think I’ll give this game a go.

Unwanted

Cologno

Unwanted
Just don't get too attached to your bros and don't get too rigid with your standards about recruiting bros either. You can use mods for more efficient recruit filtering, but I don't use them. It takes out the fun of finding diamonds in the rough or turning turds into gold.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom