Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

Daemongar

Arcane
Codex Year of the Donut
Hey, I'll be the first to say that 3E style multiclassing is great fun.

But honestly maybe a bit much sometimes.
And requires a lot of in-depth mechanical knowledge to properly take advantage of.
Therefore ill suited for the wide audience, I guess.
That's just it: multiclassing was actually a lot of fun and allowed for some wild specs... at first. Eventually, over time it morphed into a lot of similar class builds, that kind of took the fun out of it. That is to say, instead of a straight cleric like I'd usually play in tabletop and crpg games, I'd take two levels of fighter first to get access to all martial weapons, or two levels of ranger to get dual weapon spec - only then start working on cleric.

So, newer folks may be tied to straight builds while power gaming psychos may spend 3 weeks building or planning out their character. I, unfortunately in all games, fall into the power gaming psycho category who tries to hide his tears when accidentally picking the wrong feat upon level up.

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
360_F_368475041_6GirbxhJkYpP1kiXmJdgKIcgH0Um1HQy.jpg

Hydro

Educated
BG3 is the first game ever to win all of these awards:

BAFTA
GDC
Golden Joystick
DICE
TGA

Not even Elden Ring, Zelda TOTK or Witcher 3 achieved that.
Thing is, even despite all these awards, it will never gain the cult status with its most adhered followers being the shameful batch of infantile groupies. Which is shame because it was so close, but you just don’t have the required genetics.

Fun game, tho.

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter

BAFTA
GDC
Golden Joystick
DICE
TGA

Thing is, even despite all these awards, it will never gain the cult status with its most adhered followers being the shameful batch of infantile groupies. Which is shame because it was so close, but you just don’t have the required genetics.

Fun game, tho.
There are already 1.9 million degenerates in the BG3 subreddit. A number other crpg's can only dream of.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath

BAFTA
GDC
Golden Joystick
DICE
TGA

Fun game, tho.
There are already 1.9 million degenerates in the BG3 subreddit. A number other crpg's can only dream of.
Somebody's got to drag them from the primordial ooze back to primitive humanity.

Glad you stepped up to the plate.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy

NotSweeper

Educated
So, newer folks may be tied to straight builds while power gaming psychos may spend 3 weeks building or planning out their character. I, unfortunately in all games, fall into the power gaming psycho category who tries to hide his tears when accidentally picking the wrong feat upon level up.
You're part of the master race brother. There's no need to apologize for it to the plebeians.
And the obligatory Bulgarian award:

fantadomat You've got some explaining to do.
Why was this... thing not beheaded with a knife, as per your custom?

Act 3, particularly the circus and certain NPCs is where the Larian Humour™ starts showing up despite being mostly absent from previous acts, I do wonder if there was a change in writing staff or something similar because it's very jarring going from the shadow death zombie zone to drag queens and evil clowns in less than an hour.

Act 3 is where I stopped playing… the Absolute army gets chunked offscreen (ok) and nobody seems to care, everyone is weirdly obsessed with Dribbles the Clown(? wat ?), lame psycho Harley Quinn, circus tranny, Nightsong the irritating turbodyke, and then that retarded flying elephant… absolute stupidity overload. Like being stuck at amateur comedy night. Fuck off.

I’ve always hated romances and shit in rpgs, who tf cares, it’s always cringe.

NWN by Larian would be awful, ya let’s hear about how Duncan’s gay boyfriend summoned Belhiefet by fucking a lizard man and now we need to make a Frankenstein monster out of him because he hid the Whisk of Selune we need to whip up a magic pancake or whatever. No thanks.

Yosharian

Arcane
Alright next game I run I am going to have the PCs go on a side quest to track down the Whisk of Selune

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom