Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Awesome Gaming Poster (Russian)

abstract

Scholar
DarkSign said:
Love the Frogger reference under the car (From Vice City?)

From Carmageddon.

Grog

Educated
Isn't that Turok holding the gun to Nemesis?

The painting Garret's stealing has Hitler in it, perhaps a Wolfenstein reference?

Isn't the guy with the magnifying glass next to the wanted poster of 47 one of the shady characters you chase in the Carmen San Diego games?

Suicidal

Arcane
Dementia Praecox said:
The mammoth with a gun on it's back is from Krush Kill n' Destroy, but what is that arrow and the little elephant referring to?

The one with the guns is definetly from KKND, but the fucking little ones really confuse me. They are everywhere on the poster and I don't know what they refer to.

Section8

Cipher
I'd bet the pirate-ballerina is the protagonist of the Pirates! remake, since everyone bitches about the ballroom dancing minigame.

Those people are raving homosexuals. I bet they bitch about how they can't win anime dating sims either.

Ausir

Arcane
Grog said:
Isn't that Turok holding the gun to Nemesis?

The painting Garret's stealing has Hitler in it, perhaps a Wolfenstein reference?

Isn't the guy with the magnifying glass next to the wanted poster of 47 one of the shady characters you chase in the Carmen San Diego games?

It's Lewton from Discworld Noir.

adamsorkin

Novice
Has anybody noticed Rayman (or at least his head) with the other disembodied skulls and heads?

Good catch on Nova - crying herself out of the room with the only and forever PC sign - is a pretty fun jab at SC: Ghost.

And in the middle of the pile of robots and cyborgs (just above the Silencer/Crusader) is that the character from BioForge wielding a disconnected arm?

Edit: Is the big Kilrathi looking cat guy Hobbes, from Wing Commander?

hakuroshi

Augur
adamsorkin said:
Good catch on Nova - crying herself out of the room with the only and forever PC sign - is a pretty fun jab at SC: Ghost.

Edit: Is the big Kilrathi looking cat guy Hobbes, from Wing Commander?

There is also "to expell" or something like it written on a paper she holds.

And yes, it is Kilrathi. He is looking on Postal Dude who used cats as "silensers" for his guns.

Twinfalls

Erudite
Jasede said:
Twinfalls said:
I'm really fond of George and Nico.

Man, I miss TF. Post more! I know there's not much to discuss anymore, but heck, you're great. Be here more often!

Thankyou Jasede, that's furry sweet of you. I'll try.

Fez said:
Have you played the latest Broken Sword game then? Any good?

You know, I've had it for a little while now but haven't played it past the early stages. I guess I've been reluctant to splurge on it (I remember forlornly missing George and Nico's adventures and chemistry when I finished the last one - it's that kind of series). I can observe that they've ramped back up the puzzle difficulty, there's already stuff that's nowhere near as obvious as the previous one. The opening stage is good - tense, atmospheric, funny (poor old George starts down on his luck).

I'd say it's worth getting. It must be - it's Broken Sword! Plus there's also SUPPORT THIS SERIES EVERYBODY!!!

whitemithrandir

Erudite
kingcomrade said:
Is that the guy from Thief, stealing the painting away from the the Silent Hill pyramid head and Alice? (I don't recognize the third).
It's the robot from Armed and Dangerous.

Mayday

Augur
Who is the old hag in the line of villains with a golden cup?

The big guy staring at the severed jumping heads (bottom left) is actually a woman (notice the breasts!), a Chaot from Ehtherlords

Also, the guy that the Avatars are chasing looks nothing like Lord British- I think it's meant to be Blackthorn- but I don't get why he's on fire then.

Where is the "no more winds" guy from?
And the blue guy left to Nova from SC:Ghost?

adamsorkin

Novice
Mayday said:
Where is the "no more winds" guy from?

My esteemed associate Grog has pointed out to me that it is likely a Dunmer from Morrowind.

More Winds = Morrowind, or something like that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom