Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Alpha Protocol enhanced rerelease on GOG

Fatberg Slim

Educated
Patron
My only question: Can I import my Recruit-level completed game? I've been waiting 12+ years for that to pay off.

White Grey

Novice
For anyone wondering about Mouse & Keyboard controls, yes, they seem to have been significantly improved. It's been about a decade, but I remember being furious about the minigames last time I played. I've only tested the tutorial so far, but both lockpicking and hacking feel very natural with M&K to me. I'd planned on playing with controller this time, but it seems I won't have to. I'm positively surprised by how not shit this is so far.

Larianshill

Arbiter
Don't just stick to guns and stealth. There's a lot of fun to be had in this game by punching everybody's shit up.
I was very impressed when I've discovered that there are different voice lines that the protagonist says after you beat the boxer miniboss hand-to-hand, or just shoot him with tranquilizers. This game excels at little details.

.Pixote.

Augur
For anyone wondering about Mouse & Keyboard controls, yes, they seem to have been significantly improved. It's been about a decade, but I remember being furious about the minigames last time I played. I've only tested the tutorial so far, but both lockpicking and hacking feel very natural with M&K to me. I'd planned on playing with controller this time, but it seems I won't have to. I'm positively surprised by how not shit this is so far.

I bailed out from the game after trying to hack the first computer (stupid annoying mini games only irritate players). Why subject us to this childish garbage? If I can't even get through the first computer what chance do I have! Mind you the controls from the steam version are horrible.

:negative:

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In

I bailed out from the game after trying to hack the first computer (stupid annoying mini games only irritate players). Why subject us to this childish garbage? If I can't even get through the first computer what chance do I have! Mind you the controls from the steam version are horrible.

filtered

Maxie

Wholesome Chungus
Patron
Glory to Ukraine

Skill issue

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member

git gud

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
I was very impressed when I've discovered that there are different voice lines that the protagonist says after you beat the boxer miniboss hand-to-hand, or just shoot him with tranquilizers. This game excels at little details.
This is what gaming as a whole should've evolved into. Instead we're getting AI generated open world collectathons with ugly women.

Virgil Brummond

Educated
And at any rate, Alpha Protocol was more about the story and branching narrative than the gunplay or stealth.
The skills did improve both a lot though. Doing 100% stealth actually did something in the game, by the way.
Never actually beat it with 100% stealth. From what I remember stealth was OKish, gunplay was weaker, but I might be misremembering things.

May try a 100% stealth run if the GOG re-release is confirmed to have legit improvements. While I like GOG, there are many older games on GOG where you need to mess around with unofficial patches and Direct3D 7/8/9 translation DLLs and whatnot.

huskarls

Scholar
I soy faced and bought it, then came here to discuss this.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom