Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder ✡️✡️POLL!; Is Pathfinder: Kucmaker really this bad?(´ರೃ益ರೃ`)

Is Pathfinder: Kucmaker not good?

• Yes.

• No.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Pathfinder Kingmaker is too hard to me and i an too proud to lower the difficulty

Fixed for you

IRC clearing the Temple of the Elk causes the fog to lift and you're informed that you should just wait, while in reality the event is triggered by dealing with Tartuccio, which has nothing to do with the fog itself. So it's not like it's the NPC who's wrong.

I don't remember perfectly but i an sure that they would have corrected to this point if is the case.

Drixed

Novice
P:K isn't perfect, but the game is still amazing. Most problems in the game can be solved if you can pay attention and know how to read, but that might be asking too much for some people, like the retard of that video.

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
IRC clearing the Temple of the Elk causes the fog to lift and you're informed that you should just wait, while in reality the event is triggered by dealing with Tartuccio, which has nothing to do with the fog itself. So it's not like it's the NPC who's wrong.

I don't remember perfectly but i an sure that they would have corrected to this point if is the case.

They wouldn't because there's nothing to be corrected. It's not a bug it's how the game is designed. They expect you to finish this quest before proceeding beyond the fog, so it doesn't clear before you finish it. It's like these old jRPG games where they'll repair a bridge that was blocking you after you finish all the events int the town, even though nothing you did had anything to do with the bridge itself.

POSTED: MARCH 30
TL;DR: Like a good old evening of table-top DND, if prior to beginning the DM found out you’re f***ing his wife.

So that's why they call it Cuckmaker.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
POSTED: MARCH 30
TL;DR: Like a good old evening of table-top DND, if prior to beginning the DM found out you’re f***ing his wife.

Well, if he's so pissed he kills your character early, it's a win-win, he gets his revenge and you get more quality time with his wife ...

Jvegi

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I just want to say that Strat-Edgy is a good guy who makes quality cRPG content. I haven't played Kinkmaker, so I can't judge this particular video, but I'm sure he makes some good points in those 4 hours (jesus), and could provide reasonable responses to at least some of your criticisms.

Matt Barton says a lot of dumb stuff, but I don't think I've ever seen anyone here calling him retarded. Chill out a bit.

BarbequeMasta

Learned
Ah, the good ol' 438-words bad review without a single concrete critique, yes. :obviously:
It's legit impressive how some retards can go on such a huge rant without actually saying anything meaningfull, his review is "I hate this game cause I hate it".

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Ah, the good ol' 438-words bad review without a single concrete critique, yes. :obviously:
It's legit impressive how some retards can go on such a huge rant without actually saying anything meaningfull, his review is "I hate this game cause I hate it".
Imagine reading that review in its entirety and actually thinking "Wow, this guy really exposed this game's flaws with compelling and convincing arguments".

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
Assuming you're using the TB mod, it's much better than most cRPGs from the last 15 years, which I know it's not saying much, but there it is. Probably you can make a case that certain indies from the last decade have been better.

Have you heard of KotC ?

Have you read my post? it's just one line. I said some indies are better.
What game do you use for build tinkering? I'm playing Gloomhaven and liked Fell Seal.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
No, I hate this game because it hates me. It hates you. It hates the player, hates fun/clever/rewarding game design, hates not perma-nerfing your NPC’s stats, hates not meta-gaming, hates not dilligently prepping each and every member of your party before every fight, hates not spending 30 minutes pre-buffing, hates completionists…etc etc.

Hating completionists is a good thing. As for the rest, on "challenging" I wouldn't say this is anywhere near the case. Yes sometimes you'll find out a dungeon is filled with poison enemies or paralyzing enemies and you'll quickload and cast anti-poison or anti-paralyze spells, but this takes literally barely any time at all. They probably should have had dialog hints warn you, for those people who hate reloading, but it's not a huge deal. I didn't buff my DPS focused party much, beyond simple stuff like prayer and haste and whatnot, and got along just fine. Even the fabled "you can't rest much!" thing is kind of bullshit, because I rested whenever my spells hit zero for the most part. I just used limited spells more rarely than I did in BG, because I knew I couldn't rest as much. Anyone having issues with "perma-nerfing" just needs to learn to spend their money on scrolls. Most of the items you can buy in shops suck anyway.

Maybe you played on unfair though, I dunno.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
... hates not perma-nerfing your NPC’s stats, hates not meta-gaming, hates not dilligently prepping each and every member of your party before every fight, hates not spending 30 minutes pre-buffing, hates completionists…etc etc.
Man, you must really suck.

Black_Willow

Arcane
I just want to say that Strat-Edgy is a good guy who makes quality cRPG content. I haven't played Kinkmaker, so I can't judge this particular video, but I'm sure he makes some good points in those 4 hours (jesus), and could provide reasonable responses to at least some of your criticisms.

Matt Barton says a lot of dumb stuff, but I don't think I've ever seen anyone here calling him retarded. Chill out a bit.
Sorry we insulted your boyfriend.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

Please, link one of the best videos of him...

jf8350143

Liturgist
The game is great with several QoL mods. Otherwise it's half time fun half time wondering what the fuck the devs was thinking to make such stupid design.

Gregz

Arcane
The game is great with several QoL mods. Otherwise it's half time fun half time wondering what the fuck the devs was thinking to make such stupid design.

I played it a long time ago, without the benefit of cheat engine or mods, but I'm still seeing recent reviews negging the same shit design decisions that made me raqequit in the first place. AFAIK nothing fundamental has been fixed, maybe there's a combination of QoL mods that would make me hate this game less, but I doubt it.

I'm so depressed that this is the current state of D&D computer gaming. It's a great system with a rich history that deserves so much better.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath

I played it a long time ago, without the benefit of cheat engine or mods, but I'm still seeing recent reviews negging the same shit design decisions that made me raqequit in the first place. AFAIK nothing fundamental has been fixed, maybe there's a combination of QoL mods that would make me hate this game less, but I doubt it.

I'm so depressed that this is the current state of D&D computer gaming. It's a great system with a rich history that deserves so much better.

Second DLC added a lot of QoL improvements, last DLC added more to base game. People writing those reviews are going in with bad attitude and looking for shit to hate.

No game, let alone a D&D game with a respectable learning curve, can survive that shit without some butthurt reviews. Make a pet class, make Amiri a Freebooter, and use Linzi’s songs (she can sing and cast/fight at the same time) until you get your bearings and give it another go.

Or just play the busted Zen Archer companion in WotR.

Desiderius

Patron
I forgot that time I was playing D&D and we all died and I told the DM "hold on, let's just load a quicksave"

You ARE playing the easiest difficulty on pnp.

Not across the board. Unless you’re playing like Lord Gygax originally intended a good DM will have a substantial thumb on the scale to prevent board wipes.

That doesn’t mean he doesn’t punish sloppy play more assiduously than a reload button.

Desiderius

Patron
for those people who hate reloading

WTF... Players who hate reloading have no business playing anything other than the easier difficulties.

You yourself:

(a) hate reloading

(b) play on Challenging and above

These reviewers are so used to faceroll they’ve forgotten what a decent game looks like. There are (way) more than enough tools in game unmodded to dominate any difficulty*, but you’ve got to want to find them more than you want to wallow in butthurt.

* - I’m not a power gamer, I’m the guy who likes playing Bards and covering all the bases skillswise. This is a game where that finally matters.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom