Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Was Manhunt 2 any good?

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
I forgot that game existed. I loved the first game and looking back I think I skipped the sequel because I remember hearing that all the gore had been censored. I guess I have two questions:

Is the game actually worth playing? And if so is there an uncensored version that exists?

oldbonebrown

Arcane
It's across the board a step down in quality from the first game, but it's not terrible and has some fun edge to it. While the executions are technically more gruesome they don't feel as violent because the bleak atmosphere is not pulled off as well as in the original.

I played the leaked uncensored version before the game was out, gave the experience of forbidden edge an extra layer.

Ash

Arcane
Yup. First game is a gem, not the best thing ever, but probably the best game mediocre overrated Rockstar ever put out. Second game? It's OK, but just play better games.

ADL

Prophet
It was fun on the Wii where you actually did the executions with the Wiimote. Other than that I wouldn't really recommend it over the first game.

ADL

Prophet
They should really put Manhunt 2 Uncut on Steam now that they clearly don't give a fuck about the ratings boards. It was a Direct2Drive exclusive back in the day.

DicLupa

Literate
Did you ever go to a rental store as a kid and see the cover of some grody-looking R-rated VHS you were never going to be allowed to watch? And then you spent days or even weeks wondering what dark shit that box contained? Maybe it even gave you nightmares?

Manhunt 1 is kinda more like that fantasy/nightmare. Manhunt 2 is the goofy-ass movie you would have actually taken home. I dunno if it's bad, necessarily. But it feels more self-consciously bloody grindhouse and lacks the original's edge despite probably being more violent.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
Thanks for the replies fellas. I'll probably just skip it if it's simply a lamer version of the original. Especially with it being censored, there really doesn't seem to be any point in bothering with it.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
I forgot that game existed. I loved the first game and looking back I think I skipped the sequel because I remember hearing that all the gore had been censored. I guess I have two questions:

Is the game actually worth playing? And if so is there an uncensored version that exists?
More gore, but less of the bleak atmosphere and tone that made Manhunt a classic.

oldbonebrown

Arcane
some amazing edge from the promotion of this game

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom