Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: Infusion pre-release megathread

Jacov

Educated
Looks better and better

Andnjord

Arcane
Hey guys, been out of the loop for a while since I played this majestic beacon of incline back in 2015. Anything interesting they've been worki....
:whatho:

Holy mother of God...

:desu:
THIS IS BEAUTIFUL, HOT DAMN

:d1p:
Unquestionably.

kyosuke

Educated
Patron
Not sure if this is answered elsewhere, will it be possible for players to have robots or dogs to accompany us full time in the new game?

Hydro

Educated
Why yes, Ratmeat incoming

Edit: although Styg seems to be a filthy cat sympathizer

Edit2: personally I’d like me a cute borrower pet

notpl

Arbiter
Not sure if this is answered elsewhere, will it be possible for players to have robots or dogs to accompany us full time in the new game?
Pets/companions seem antithetical to the game's core design, unless they were to be purely cosmetic.

kyosuke

Educated
Patron
Pets/companions seem antithetical to the game's core design, unless they were to be purely cosmetic.

You already have temporary companions in certain locations.
I don't see a massive issue with expanding it a bit more.
I am not saying they have to be fully controllable or even be mandatory to get, just an optional companion to assist in battles if the player want, another form of roleplaying in the game.
Styg could also make the robots to require special parts for repairs and dogs require a special diet or a specialized vet to heal, just to make it more balanced.

Jacov

Educated
I wouldn't mind seeing companions with stats and perks based on player character's charisma (that Styg cut from the first game). Companions could be just another tool if you think about it. Like molotovs or lockpicks, you could use them to solve problems.

HeatEXTEND

Prophet
Patron
You already have temporary companions in certain locations.
I don't see a massive issue with expanding it a bit more.
Yeah yeah "Look man, I can just do a little companions you know, I can dismiss them whenever I want!" and before you know it there's romances and dialogue wheels :argh:

Companions could be just another tool if you think about it. Like molotovs or lockpicks, you could use them to solve problems.
Yup, absolutely classic; that's always how it starts.

WINNERS DON'T DO COMPANIONS.

CHEMS

Scholar
It would be so funny if Al Fabet shows up in Infusion, and he has nothing but plushies. That's it, that's his entire stock, plushies that no one wants
Al Fabets shows up in Infusion, but now he's a North Underrail Oligarch, extremely wealthy thanks to his PC-like hoarding obsession

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom