Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher 3 GOTY Edition

Arthandas

Prophet
This game is less cringe in any other language than Polish.
Actually the opposite is true. I pity anyone playing this in English, you got fucked twice: first by the translation, second by Doug "we have Batman at home" Cockle voicing every single line like he's reading a shopping list.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
This game is less cringe in any other language than Polish.
Actually the opposite is true. I pity anyone playing this in English, you got fucked twice: first by the translation, second by Doug "we have Batman at home" Cockle voicing every single line like he's reading a shopping list.
Indeed! Yennefer coming to consider Ciri her daughter is an important element of the original novels. Removing that from the English version is poor form.

S.H.O.D.A.N.

Learned
Eh, the vast majority of people playing Witcher 3 had no context for the surrogate mother/daughter relationship between Yennefer and Ciri, and CDPR probably didn't feel like they had the tools to convey it properly without doing a full blown series of flashbacks, or some other narrative hack, so they trimmed it down.

Probably for the best. In an already weak third act, the parenting sequences with Geraldo were a truly miserable experience.

ferratilis

Magister
This means new combat animations can be added? Good news if true. I hope the Russian chick behind Ghost Mode hasn't given up on modding entirely.

Skinwalker

*teleports inside you*
Patron
Village Idiot
"My daughter!" does not sound very natural in English, they were right to change it. It's pretty clear that Geraldo and Yennefer Lopez are both committed to finding and saving Ciri, so it's not like the game needs to explicitly state "WE CONSIDER HER TO BE LIKE A DAUGHTER TO US".

Especially since she's not their daughter. She is Emyr's daughter. Isn't she lucky. Unique dimension-spanning superpowers, witcher training, sorceress training, nice tits, and the heiress to the imperial throne to boot. And literally everyone in the game is O B S E S S E D with finding her.

Ciri Sue.

9ted6

Educated
"My daughter!" does not sound very natural in English, they were right to change it. It's pretty clear that Geraldo and Yennefer Lopez are both committed to finding and saving Ciri, so it's not like the game needs to explicitly state "WE CONSIDER HER TO BE LIKE A DAUGHTER TO US".

Especially since she's not their daughter. She is Emyr's daughter. Isn't she lucky. Unique dimension-spanning superpowers, witcher training, sorceress training, nice tits, and the heiress to the imperial throne to boot. And literally everyone in the game is O B S E S S E D with finding her.

Ciri Sue.
Don't forget she's a lesbian who gets to fuck hot women.

In a setting full of girlboss mary sues Ciri is the worst. Very obvious wish fulfillment.

flyingjohn

Arcane
I guess the update breaks all old mods?
Nope, the only update that broke stuff was the new gen update and event then you have the legacy version. This ain't Bethesda with its 10 different versions and updates specifically designed to break mods.

Tyrr

Liturgist
Nope, the only update that broke stuff was the new gen update and event then you have the legacy version. This ain't Bethesda with its 10 different versions and updates specifically designed to break mods.
CP2077 also regularly broke all the mods with the patches. CDPR isn't any better than Bethesda in this regard.

moon knight

Matt7895's alt
CP2077 also regularly broke all the mods with the patches. CDPR isn't any better than Bethesda in this regard.

CDPR was trying to fix and overhaul the game tho, not releasing useless "next gen" patches with broken widescreen support. Obviously, if your mod modifies the file cuckold.script, and the patch updates that file, your mod is gonna be broken and needs updating

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Someone imported the maps from W1 into W3 using Redkit.

The fag supermodel Geralt is there, tainting those beautiful, atmospheric lands.

8zRHbHS.png

Gerrard

Arcane

Ciri Sue.
Don't forget she's a lesbian who gets to fuck hot women.
She's a sexual abuse victim who was raped by a gay elf, you dumbfuck.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom