Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Final fantasy XIV any good?

Myobi

Liturgist
(I would say say FF players need to learn to unsub / take breaks (and they should), but the housing system does make it extremely punitive.)
Its how I roll, I hop in time to time, clear the main story, raid a bit, fuck around with some side content, and fuck off to other video games for a couple of patches.

I don't care about housing, but it seems that the island is bound to work as some sort of alternative to it soon enough.

Oh, as for the WTF am I reading from the previous post, just a little silly joke aimed at "the viera queen" user in this thread that keeps getting butthurt everytime some criticizes anything related to the game :P

Theodora

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Oh, as for the WTF am I reading from the previous post, just a little silly joke aimed at "the viera queen" user in this thread that keeps getting butthurt everytime some criticizes anything related to the game
People get attached to a game or piece of media and see "attacks" on it as an attack against them. Nothing unique to her but I tried to discourage her from it.

Its how I roll, I hop in time to time, clear the main story, raid a bit, fuck around with some side content, and fuck off to other video games for a couple of patches.
I loved the story of ShB (I'm only around somewhere like 5.3), but I suspect I might end up in a similar place if they continue down the path of looking for new players at the expense of keeping veterans interested.

At this point I'm essentially praying they realise their error with Healers -- and why Sage, the only remotely unique playing one, is found in almost every raid -- and stop homogenising them, but I'm not confident they won't look at the atrociously low number of people playing Healer and decide they didn't dumb it down enough. There just feels like such a blatant disconnect between whoever is designing instanced content, and whoever is responsible for Healer job design.

Myobi

Liturgist
People get attached to a game or piece of media and see "attacks" on it as an attack against them. Nothing unique to her but I tried to discourage her from it.

People be lookin at companies like "Look at me, you are my personality now!".

I loved the story of ShB (I'm only around somewhere like 5.3), but I suspect I might end up in a similar place if they continue down the path of looking for new players at the expense of keeping veterans interested.
Shadow Bringers was my fav. part of it as well.

Theodora

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Shadow Bringers was my fav. part of it as well.
Everything with Emet Selch and
his last words were total tear jerkers

"Look at me, you are my personality now!".
Something like that. Fanboying behaviour begets fangirling behaviour; people get defensive because others get defensive about their own special interest and attack other things whose popularity seems to challenge it. All ultimately silly though.

Self-Ejected
(I would say say FF players need to learn to unsub / take breaks (and they should), but the housing system does make it extremely punitive.)

I don't care about housing, but it seems that the island is bound to work as some sort of alternative to it soon enough.

Oh, as for the WTF am I reading from the previous post, just a little silly joke aimed at "the viera queen" user in this thread that keeps getting butthurt everytime some criticizes anything related to the game :P
Nahhh

When is the graphics remaster cuming?

7.0 but it's just slightly better faces, redone flower/grass generation, a few more doodads added here and there like barrels to preexisting scenes, and new light sources added to preexisting scenes.

Self-Ejected
When is the graphics remaster cuming?

7.0 but it's just slightly better faces, redone flower/grass generation, a few more doodads added here and there like barrels to preexisting scenes, and new light sources added to preexisting scenes.
Oh, that's a bit of a missed opportunity, was hoping they'd add in ray tracing with dlss and fsr.
Specifically this is what 7.0 will bring.
Better models and texture on characters.
Specular mapping in textures.
Added details to the world by dropping props.
Better grass resolution and simulation.
Volumetric lighting.

Vyvian

Educated
They should give everyone a free Fantasia once the graphics update comes.
I did not like how some of the faces looked with the new changes, especially Viera faces.

Myobi

Liturgist
I did not like how some of the faces looked with the new changes, especially Viera faces.
I hope that they replaced all their eyebrows options with one single shitty looking thing under the tattoo's options.

Delterius

Arcane
but I'm not confident they won't look at the atrociously low number of people playing Healer and decide they didn't dumb it down enough. There just feels like such a blatant disconnect between whoever is designing instanced content, and whoever is responsible for Healer job design.
the problem is that they have nobody really designing healers. they will literally re-assign playtesters away from healers if 'they become too good at their jobs'. the design team is small and they seem to all play dps.

Vyvian

Educated
KFC Collab huh... I guess I get it if it's Japan only considering KFC is weirdly huge there.

Vyvian

Educated
Another big patch coming and I'll not have the item level needed to do the new extreme when it's fresh.
I've been super lazy in these patches, something about the content and farming isn't grabbing me post-Endwalker like it has with every other expansion which is a shame.
I haven't even done the 12 paths of the Variant Dungeon on Normal, the bosses were just obnoxious instead of fun challenges unlike in the first one.

Tyrr

Liturgist
Endwalker had the worst post-expansion patch cycle in XIV history. I put all my hopes on the relic weapon to give me something to do, but we all know how that turned out in the end.
I have now given up on the game until next summer. Joining again 1-2 weeks before the next expansion should be enough to do everything important they released between the 2 expansions.

Vyvian

Educated
Island Sanctuary was a bust, I was looking forward to it as well but their fear of offering an alternative to housing gimped it from the start. It was the perfect time to offer instanced housing of some sort, even if it didn't have all the features of actual housing.
The new Deep Dungeon was forgotten in a week, listening to whiners on Reddit was a mistake in that regard.

Yes, the relics are the most disappointing. I can't believe they aren't going to put in at least one big grind step but it seems they aren't. Just farm tomes again.

Yeah I haven't bothered to farm the raids or grind up my ilevel either. I might wait until the second 6.5 patch is out before getting around to it.

Biggest killer of my interest for this expansion was there being no endgame grind zone like Eureka or Bozja. Not holding my breath that 7.0 will have one either.

Vyvian

Educated
6.5 part 1 was alright. It left me feeling a bit melancholy though because they are systematically erasing all sense of mystery and wonder from the game's world and lore.
I'm not sure how they expect people to get invested in future stories and threats after Endwalker explained the biggest mysteries in the game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom