Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Assassin's Creed Shadows - Afro Samurai in late Sengoku period Japan - coming November 15th

911 Jumper

Learned
They want to promote the negrophile fantasy that blackness is an essential component of all non-black cultures.

Jonathan "Zee Nekomimi

Hoarder of loli kats./ Funny ^._.^= ∫
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
its-about-gameplay-v0-y8ggb1xt9y0d1.jpeg

Itoh

Literate
I am going to be a contrarian and side with the soulless corporation. If anyone actually buys Asscreed: Shadows of their own free will, Ubisoft should be granted the legal right to automatically drain that person's bank account of $70 every year, without needing to resort to the pretense of making a game first.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Bayek Egyptian
Except they made all Egpytians subsaharan, Egypt had its highest levels of subsaharan in it during the end of the Ptolemic dynasty of course... at about 1-3% of workers IIRC. Even his Greek wife was probably half black and was way darker in complexition than her brother.
Not true. Egyptians in the game feature a pretty diverse palette.

As for Bayek, while he has quite a tanned skin, he also has a slim nose and thin lips, not typical for a subsaharan people.

00233-2209063518.jpeg

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Oh hey guys, let's just believe corporate shills sight unseen.

It's hilarious that the ass creed reddit is using this tweet to circlejerk over their zombie franchise and own the "racists."

Modron

Arcane
As for Bayek, while he has quite a tanned skin, he also has a slim nose and thin lips, not typical for a subsaharan people.

00233-2209063518.jpeg

Way to be disingenuous using AI there. Here are some of the first screenshots with a clear face I found on steam community hub (and even these one are being washed out a bit by the light):
B621F62F8228F77327B1B86AA44623E7C3E94667

85C2EC48DBCDCE139FEC30C56AB3D13623D88D09

bonus 100% blond blue eyed greek wife in action and rocking the traditional greek braids:

5002ECCFABCB9C39831211FBED26B730A7C1E478

DA748EC73D6B78E53870ED2E7EC38ACA1CA273EB

Edit: here's the VO actor.
MV5BYmU0MjczMzEtYWEzZS00MzI0LThjMGUtODA3NmRiODdjNzYxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTgwMzE5MTY@._V1_FMjpg_UX2160_.jpg

Last edited:

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
I once read that the moment you give women the vote is the moment your country starts to fall.
This is pretty much true. Women will always vote for security over freedom, and they also don't care how much it costs. I read a book, and I don't even remember the name of it, but there was a chapter in it about this that showed graphs of several countries and their government spending with the date of women getting the vote. In every single one of them, the spending just ramps way up shortly after women get that vote.
Wokesters pretend to care about Asian representation until it's time to circle the wagons around the blacks.
Since I've recently began to notice that The Gamer is a website run by faggots, here's a spicy hot take from them:

https://www.thegamer.com/ghost-of-tsushima-adaptation-suck-bad-racist-appropriation-john-wick/

For one, while I want to see Asian culture on screen, Ghost of Tsushima was criticised for cultural appropriation – it was made by white people, in consultation with Japanese historians, but it ignored many historical facts in favour of upholding the samurai stereotype. Stahelski, too, is white, and I wish it had been a Japanese person directing the film, honestly. We know there’s a Japanese-American writer on board the project, and it’s been the cast will be all Japanese and speaking Japanese, but also, shouldn’t that be an obvious decision? It’s a film about Japanese people.[/ident]

This isn't a rare take from these dipshits on the left either. There's a whole bunch of gaming journalist weiner whackers out there with this take, and they're all about calling anyone that criticizes UbiSoft for using a black guy as the hero of their Japanese Samuri game "bigot". In fact, here's the same site with the obvious bullshit take:

https://www.thegamer.com/african-assassins-creed-shadows-controversy/

If, instead of Shadows, Ubisoft had revealed an African Assassin's Creed where you played as an African man, there would have been just as much of a racist outcry, maybe more. Especially if this game included the historically accurate slave trade, the obvious place for the Assassin/Templar conflict to touch the African wilderness. It's difficult to make a game about African history as it relates to a historical battle for world dominance and not feature colonialism. And if it did feature colonialism, you can bet the response would be 'why not give us the samurai Assassin's Creed we've been asking for, you could even use Yasuke if you want diversity in there!'.

Joke's on her. We already had an African open world game. It was called GTA: San Andreas.​

Machocruz

Arcane
If, instead of Shadows, Ubisoft had revealed an African Assassin's Creed where you played as an African man, there would have been just as much of a racist outcry, maybe more. Especially if this game included the historically accurate slave trade, the obvious place for the Assassin/Templar conflict to touch the African wilderness. It's difficult to make a game about African history as it relates to a historical battle for world dominance and not feature colonialism. And if it did feature colonialism, you can bet the response would be 'why not give us the samurai Assassin's Creed we've been asking for, you could even use Yasuke if you want diversity in there!'.

Joke's on her. We already had an African open world game. It was called GTA: San Andreas.​
Lol that article. I can't with these people. They just make it all up as they go along, don't they? She's a mind reader or Nostrafuckingdamus on top of it, apparently. There is no difference between supposition and actuality in the cow pile that constitutes her brain.

Mauman

Learned
except maybe for Black Flag

I keep seeing this except it's not true. Black Flag was a pirate game first and foremost, and the vast majority of pirates in that area were still of Euro descent (in fact Welsh was quite common).

It's such a disingenuous argument.

Mauman

Learned
That reminds me. Was that kind of hairstyle really a thing back then? Seening Jamal from South Harlem in samurai armor seems really off.

Sarathiour

Cipher
I fucking can't, wikipedia french page literally present him as a samurai because they are citing the fanfiction written by an Ivorian journalist as historical proof.
At the very least the English acknowledge than he was at the very best the Japanese equivalent of a squire.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
That reminds me. Was that kind of hairstyle really a thing back then? Seening Jamal from South Harlem in samurai armor seems really off.
It's historically accurate, right down to the Japanese micro dreads.
Lol that article. I can't with these people. They just make it all up as they go along, don't they? She's a mind reader or Nostrafuckingdamus on top of it, apparently. There is no difference between supposition and actuality in the cow pile that constitutes her brain.
It basically just boils down to "WHITE MAN BAD", and you may as well toss in the Asians with light skin as well. The only way their stances make any sense is if you look at it from that perspective because they make no sense when you take their arguments at face value. You'll notice that the game with all Japanese people set in feudal Japan made by white people is "cultural appropriation" and therefore evil, meanwhile you're an evil racist bigot if you don't like the feudal Japanese game made by white people that has the black protagonist.

The Gamer is a shit site with a shit crew. And they're not the only ones out there.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom