Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News JA3D turn based after all

Ausir

Arcane
Tags: Jagged Alliance 3D; MISTLand

According to <a href=http://mistforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=6&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=120&sid=26327f2cb19be06f0d766d77bab4b5bd>this thread</a> (in Russian) in the <a href=http://www.mistland.com/>MISTLand</a> forum, <a href=http://www.strategyfirst.com>Strategy First</a> forced MISTLand to make <b><a href=http://www.strategyfirst.com/games/GameInfo.asp?sLanguageCode=EN&iGameID=126&sSection=Overview>Jagged Alliance 3D</a></b> turn based after all, after their Russian publisher <a href=http://www.rpgcodex.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=7027>announced</a> that it's going to be real-time. Vitaly Shutov AKA Napalm of MISTLand says that because they have to convert the game to TB, the release date is currently TBA.
<br>
<br>
Cheers, <b>operf1</b>!

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Welll... The turn base is gonna suck. The developer doesn't want to do it that way so the project is already doomed.

EEVIAC

Erudite
Wasn't MISTLand's Jagged Siege system going to prove once and for all how deep RTWP could be in comparison to turn-based? What a tremendous loss to the gaming body of knowledge. I weep, look at me weeping - :D .

Ellester

Liturgist
I have to agree with vol, were going to get a bastardized version of turn-based play probably. I like the news, but making changes to the engine doesn’t sound like it’s going to be a smooth process. I would very much like to be proved wrong, though.

Hmm, different developer than the original, major changes in the middle of the project, unhappy developers, what's that sound like? Oh yeah, PoR2. Damn, it's gonna flop and then everyone will think it's because TB sucks.

Kizmiaz

Novice
Walks with the Snails said:
... what's that sound like? Oh yeah, PoR2...
You mean it will empty our hard-drives when we un-install? I don't think everybody will think it's because TB sux. I think Mistland is too well-established for that.

Dhruin

Liturgist
No, it will just reinforce the idea that MiSTland sux. This will be a disaster but SF still can't avoid blame - did their producer forget to actually look at the development?

LlamaGod

Cipher
Well, they did TB well in Cops 2170.

But its about time something changes to TB from RT.

Baley

Liturgist
I'd enjoy a good TBT game...but this isn't the way to do it :roll:

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Meh. It's not a big deal. I'll just be looking out for games that are TB from the start to the end: Hammer & Sickle, Night Watch, Tactica Online, Heroes of Might & Magic 5, and possibly PopTop's new TBS "Shattered Union". Hopefully it's like Battle Isle or better.

Shagnak

Shagadelic
Sol Invictus said:
Meh. It's not a big deal. I'll just be looking out for games that are TB from the start to the end: Hammer & Sickle, Night Watch, Tactica Online, Heroes of Might & Magic 5, and possibly PopTop's new TBS "Shattered Union". Hopefully it's like Battle Isle or better.
The only one I'm not looking forward to, in that list, is Shattered Union. Never heard about it. Possibly not mentioned on these forums before (or I never noticed).
Wassup man?

Sol Invictus

Erudite
It's new. Blue's News just announced it. I heard about it sometime back in the QT3 forums and it sounded interesting.

Fez

Erudite
This was all worth it, just to see the idiot fanboys come here to complain.

Baley

Liturgist
Fez said:
This was all worth it, just to see the idiot fanboys come here to complain.

How can you be a fanboy of JA in RT...it's just stupid :(

This is the game that made TBT history...

And now we'll probably get a massive load of crap ...damn :cry:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom