Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder What Would You Think If Owlcat Switch to Turn-Based Only for All Future Pathfinder Games?

Turn-Based Mode only for all future isometric pathfinder adaptions from Owlcat... Yes or No?

• Hell Yes!!

Votes: 54 56.8%
  • F**k No!!

Votes: 19 20.0%
  • kingcomrade

Votes: 22 23.2%

• Total voters

Socrates

Bonfire Kindler
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
Iron gods is likely to be the next AP they go with.

I strongly prefer TB but I see no reason they should cut RTwP if their stats indicate that a big portion of the playerbase has that preference. Also the hate towards these games is a bit melodramatic. Kingmaker was very rough on release and definitely needed more time to be developed but both of them have come a long way and are very enjoyable to play now.

Have Owlcats confirmed going back to Pathfinder? Or do you mean, Paizo licensing out Iron Gods for adaptation into a CRPG?
There have been no explicit confirmations yet as far as I'm aware and yeah for Owlcat.

MerchantKing

Learned
It doesn't matter what they do. As it stands, I don't think they know how to make a good game.

ind33d

Learned
a PVP mode like D&D 3.5 miniatures skirmish would be really interesting

scytheavatar

Scholar
Iron gods is likely to be the next AP they go with.

I strongly prefer TB but I see no reason they should cut RTwP if their stats indicate that a big portion of the playerbase has that preference. Also the hate towards these games is a bit melodramatic. Kingmaker was very rough on release and definitely needed more time to be developed but both of them have come a long way and are very enjoyable to play now.

Have Owlcats confirmed going back to Pathfinder? Or do you mean, Paizo licensing out Iron Gods for adaptation into a CRPG?

Officially, they have no plans for a new Pathfinder game.

Unofficially, they certainly have been treating the latest WOTR patch as a farewell to PF1.0. Cause if they planning to make more PF1.0 games why would they be adding so many new subclasses into WOTR? Wouldn't they want to have new stuff to sell their next game?

For this reason I will be surprised if we ever see a new PF1.0 game from Owlcat.

mondblut

Arcane
Or Pierre Begue to learn how to price his games.
Isn't he the one living happily in his small corner of La Belle France and making a living at developing games? Seems like he has the pricing thing figured out...

You're probably confusing him with Vogel. Can't imagine KotC selling enough to make a living even for a single month.

Serus

Arcane
Patron
Or Pierre Begue to learn how to price his games.
Isn't he the one living happily in his small corner of La Belle France and making a living at developing games? Seems like he has the pricing thing figured out...

You're probably confusing him with Vogel. Can't imagine KotC selling enough to make a living even for a single month.
As long as your diet is made of roots...

MerchantKing

Learned
Their pathfinder games and that they took the success of BG3 to mean they needed more VA.

MerchantKing

Learned
Their pathfinder games and that they took the success of BG3 to mean they needed more VA.
No, what is your reasoning that they can't make good games?
That is the reasoning. They do not have a history of making good games. They've all been lackluster messes. They also seem to still adhere to the same development practices which resulted in their previous games.

Socrates

Bonfire Kindler
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
All you've provided so far is an assertion. I'm trying to understand the point-by-point reasoning that brought you to that conclusion.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom