Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Any good metroidvania recommendations?

Piotrovitz

Savant
Probably mentioned here already but Shadowman (1999) is a cool as fuck metroidvania TPP.

Has some shortcomings, like lack of variety in weapons/mobs or monotonous color palette, but overall it's pretty amazing and still holds up to this day.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
Anyone tried this?

backed it a long time ago when I was still optimistic about KS projects... it's in my library but I'm waiting for it to be released out of EA before playing it...

So what do you guys think of Journey to the Savage Planet?

It's described as a Metroid Prime clone, a First Person Metroidvania. I haven't played any Metroid Prime games so I wouldn't know how it compares.
I enjoyed it, it's fun especially if you like first-person exploration games... I would have gotten all the achievements if they didn't have ones for co-op in it... :argh:

Play Animal Well, it comes out in 2 days and i cant say more but play animal well.

Here is my review: Play it

This actually looks really cool. I only watched a snippet of the Dunkey video and one review to get the gist and there seems to be a big emphasis on inviting players to discover the verbs behind the tools you acquire. That's a really neat idea, especially since I'm guessing most if not all of the items you acquire will have a literal impact on the playspace. I saw one spoilerish use case for the disc which was pretty delightful.

Keep saying it...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom