Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Games Discussion Thread

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I did a search and couldn't find a thread dedicated to +50 IQ discussion on Fallout. So please delete this if I was too stupid to find one.

I'm playing 'Bethesda's' Fallout 1, and I got to the general merchant in the hub. Now I haven't played in over 10 years or more, but distinctly remember he had x3 different inventories based on whichever table you interacted with. I remember because this was where I developed my sexual kink for inventory management.

Except in this version of the game there's no purse within backpack within satchel for me to access. This is seriously bothering me. Did I mis-remember this? I had all my meds and drugs in one satchel, all the radioactive equiptment in another, and all the ammo in another one. That's how I played Fallout 1.

I don't think I can continue playing if this isn't as it was in the original.

Daemongar

Arcane
Codex Year of the Donut
I think you are thinking of Killian Drinkwater in Shady Sands. He has tables in there and if you interact with them, you get different outcomes. Also, due to a bug, you can pretty much steal anything in his shop with even a minimal score in the sneak skill!

Arbiter

Scholar
Why does Fallout limit max age of your character to 35 years when you start the game?

Last edited:

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Speaking of changes, the GoG version apparently doesn't have children. Are they blocked out of the game within the executable or in the .DAT files?
I think you are thinking of Killian Drinkwater in Shady Sands. He has tables in there and if you interact with them, you get different outcomes.
My memory may be foggy, but I was pretty sure you could do this in both Fallout and Fallout 2. The shop inventories were accessible by interacting with the tables and shelves if you wanted to be a dirty, dirty thief.
Except in this version of the game there's no purse within backpack within satchel for me to access. This is seriously bothering me. Did I mis-remember this? I had all my meds and drugs in one satchel, all the radioactive equiptment in another, and all the ammo in another one. That's how I played Fallout 1.
You know, I don't remember ever trying this. I have no idea if this works or not.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom