Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Nine Divines Confirmed(?) for Oblivion

The following article claims the nine divines are a joinable faction. This was written off as devs had said previously it would not be.

http://www.gamingtarget.com/article.php?artid=4620

HOWEVER, today a link to above article was posted on the TES home page.

http://www.elderscrolls.com/home/home.htm

So either with all the prerelease scramble Bethsoft got sloppy or nine divines are in as a joinable faction.

GhanBuriGhan

Erudite
The info that Nine Divines are not joinable was in the fan interview and was pretty specific. I would assume that article just messed up. The same probably false info was also in a very old interview from last year. So it's probably another case of "cut 'n paste jounalism"

Spazmo

Erudite
I'm pretty sure that Gaming Target preview shouldn't be trusted. It reads like it was put together from a handful of other previews written by people who actually talked to BethSoft.

Chefe

Erudite
Bethesda is confusing the fuck outta me.

Are they in or out? Would a developer just SAY SOMETHING.

Golly. Watch this game ship and the only class is a Crossbow-Wielding Monk Calvery.

Lemon

Arcane
Spazmo said:
I'm pretty sure that Gaming Target preview shouldn't be trusted. It reads like it was put together from a handful of other previews written by people who actually talked to BethSoft.

Definitely looked cobbled together.

Necropennis

Scholar
angler said:
Golly. Watch this game ship and the only class is a Crossbow-Wielding Monk Calvery.

That would really REDEFINE RPG in my opinion :/
And it would be pretty cool too.

Twinfalls

Erudite
There is NO joinable Nine Divines. Todd the Imp declared so, in the second fan interview. You can find it somewhere on the TES boards.

What has happened looks to me like this: The Nine Divines quest line was axed for lack of time and resources.

Of course, once that was gone, what do the devs decide?

"Well, we've thrown out the monk quest line, so why not let's turn staves into machine-guns. Who needs that boring monk class anyway? Gives us more time for playing Halo, DUDES!!"

Chefe

Erudite
Twinfalls said:
What has happened looks to me like this: The Nine Divines quest line was axed for lack of time and resources.

Gotta make that Xbox360 launch! :D

tesboards8mm.jpg

Gotta love the TES Boards. Hopefully shit like that will flush the Devs out and they'll post something worthwhile on the Codex. It's always funny to see Dev quotes in the TES boards taken from here.

Alright cool, went back and reread the gamming target preview and they corrected the article taking "nine divines" out of the list of joinable factions.

Chefe

Erudite
Oh, thank God. I can rest easily now that there are less choices I have to make whilst playing Oblivion.

I'm just glad there was some clarification.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom