Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Oblivion DELAYED!

Section8

Cipher
I don't trust EB as far as I could throw them, and that's a surprisingly large distance. I've really been buffing up my "throwing" arm.

Zli

Novice
When did they say it would be released in October?

It's a 360 launch title. The 360 will be released a week after Thanksgiving (or a week before, if they have any sense). So I don't see a problem with 11/21.

And you check online stores for release dates?! Come on...

Gwendo

Augur
Wow. And me thinking the game would be a 2006 release! That news, for me, means the game will come out earlier!! lol

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Zli said:

It's a 360 launch title. The 360 will be released a week after Thanksgiving (or a week before, if they have any sense). So I don't see a problem with 11/21.

Dude, it says everywhere that the game is slated for an October release.

Zli

Novice
Sol Invictus said:
Zli said:

Dude, it says everywhere that the game is slated for an October release.

/checks behind the monitor

Nope, can't see it here.

The thing is, and I think this is true for all games, if it isn't on the official site, it doesn't exist.

Lumpy

Arcane
The only official release date was "holidays 2005". All the others were made up.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
October release? Where did you take this date from, Sol? I just checked 2 magazines, one of them says November, the other says December. MSFD has recently said that they have plans for revealing some info about the game during the coming months. So I'd wager it'll be a Christmas shop (=beta) release, with the worst bugs fixed in January.
Of course I hope the game ships in October and is flawless out-of-the-box, but due to my past experience with Bethesda I have some worries about bugs.

Micmu

Magister
They better delay it for another year rather than release unoptimized and leaking code like MW's.
Not to mention the final "cuts" of features that weren't tested enough.
Rush in software development is a bad thing. I mean, look at Wintendo.

franc kaos

Liturgist
micmu said:
They better delay it for another year rather than release unoptimized and leaking code like MW's.
Not to mention the final "cuts" of features that weren't tested enough.
Rush in software development is a bad thing. I mean, look at Wintendo.
Xbox launch window, they no longer have the PC comfort of releasing it when it's ready :cool:

Micmu

Magister
franc kaos said:
Xbox launch window, they no longer have the PC comfort of releasing it when it's ready :cool:
Sure, they'll just cut the remaining few features out to catch the deadline. That's why they are so quiet about game features and speak "definitives" only.

Beth says Holidays 2005, and always has. That means November/December. Most speculation has suggested late November.

This isn't a delay at all.

Lumpy

Arcane
angler said:
ZOMG SKREW U BETH3SDA!!!!1111

I have heard and seen the following release dates listed: June, August, September, October, November, December, Holiday 2005, Spring 2006, and Summer 2006.

However, only Holiday 2005 has been confirmed by Bethesda.

If they do push back the release date to 2006 I'd welcome it. Gives more time to tweak the game and iron out the bugs.
And don't forget "late 2007".

Balor

Arcane
Hah, anyone really thinks that it will hit the shelves in time?
Mwahahahah. Winter of this/next year is more or less optimistical approximation... unless... they'll skip the testing phase (after all, who needs it? Players will beta-test it, modders will fix most of the ingame bugs).

franc kaos

Liturgist
Balor said:
Hah, anyone really thinks that it will hit the shelves in time?
Mwahahahah. Winter of this/next year is more or less optimistical approximation... unless... they'll skip the testing phase (after all, who needs it? Players will beta-test it, modders will fix most of the ingame bugs).
Jeez, I remember waiting for Daggerfall, didn't it come out like 5 or 6 months after their stated release date? and that was in America, here in the UK they said they were waiting for the first bug patch as it was pretty much unplayable in its release form. I had to buy an imported copy as I couldn't wait, probably payed about 60 quid sterling, ouch! but that's the kind of fanboy I was.

Mech

Cipher
Sol Invictus said:
ZOMG. Can it be true?

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/255943.asp says that the game's been pushed from an October release date to a tentative date of November 21. Bethesda, care to comment or will VD say "I told you so"?

This thread had better be a joke, not because of the delay date, I could give less of a fuck, but because I will slash your eyes out if you are stupid enough to believe an online retailer about release dates.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
internet9jh.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom