Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

OMG! More famous voices for Oblivion

corvax

Augur
Meh, tis a unnecessary expense. They should have hired me.

corvax

Augur
It all depends on how much I drink. On a side note, I was told on various occasions that I should get into voice acting or do like commercial voiceovers.

corvax

Augur
Like George Costanza? I bet you also wore mittens everywhere you went :)

Sirus

Liturgist
But can she top PATIRCK STEWARRTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111(U KNOW FROM STAR TRAK)

TheGreatGodPan

Arbiter
hussar said:
It all depends on how much I drink. On a side note, I was told on various occasions that I should get into voice acting or do like commercial voiceovers.
Did they say you had a face for radio?

corvax

Augur
Haha.<end fake laugh> I'm not the most handsome speciment but I'm not that messed up either.

dipdipdip

Liturgist
hussar said:
Like George Costanza? I bet you also wore mittens everywhere you went :)

No, not like him. I'm peerless. In fact, I'm a living legend. My ultra-rare trading card goes for zillions.

Excalibur

Liturgist
bryce777 said:
No, that will be Ron Perlman.

Soil...soil never changes. Except slowly, by eroding over millions of years. Or by our new soiltech forest generation tools.

HAHAHA!

LlamaGod

Cipher
"Working on Morrowind was a wonderful experience," said Carter. "It was my first foray into videogames, and it was great fun to be part of a groundbreaking title that brought millions of gamers to explore the endless world. I am honored to come back and participate in the making of Oblivion which represents another major step forward in the evolution of videogames."

A million things to make fun of here, but i'll pick just one.

APPARENTLY ENDLESS WORLD = A SINGLE FUCKING ISLAND.

There.

Spazmo

Erudite
BethSoft PR: HEY GUYS LYNDA CARTER!

*crickets*

BethSoft PR: Uh... HEY GUYS PATRICK STEWART!

*raucous applause*

Dark Elf

Erudite
I could make the voice for all the male Dunmer, just like they did it in teh prequel.

Section8

Cipher
I don't really see hiring recognised actors for a computer game as a worthwhile exercise.

For instance, let's take a look at the list of actors hired to work on "Run Like Hell"

Lance Henrikson
Michael Ironside
Kate Mulgrew (yet another fucking Star Trek captain)
Tom Wilson (Biff from Back to the Future, and of course Wing Commander 3 & 4, heh)
Brad Dourif (Chucky's voice, and Grima Wormtongue from the Rings)
Rob Paulsen (not from Fight Club, but hey)

Now while they may not be "A list" actors, I'm sure the 25,000 copies it sold didn't quite cover costs, nor did having these actors serve as a sufficient drawcard to sell many copies.

jiujitsu

Cipher
Project: Eternity
Why the fuck does everyone whine about soil erosion? Who the fuck cares? It's a stupid reason to hate Oblivion.

People who hate games because they have good graphics are just as fucking stupid as the ones who hate games if they don't have good graphics.

MrSmileyFaceDude

Bethesda Game Studios
Developer
They're just tired of hearing about it, jiujitsu. It's been a "talking point" that has been mentioned in a lot of the interviews, and they'd rather hear more solid info about the gameplay.

Claw

Erudite
Patron
Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Besides that, graphics cost money. We don't hate graphics, we hate hearing you spent extra money on extra shiny graphics rather than extra shiny gameplay because that wasn't important enough to pay extra for.

dipdipdip said:
No, not like him. I'm peerless. In fact, I'm a living legend. My ultra-rare trading card goes for zillions.
Owning the Spy vs. Spy board game, I have enough zillions to buy your trading card and have zillions to spare.

dipdipdip

Liturgist
Claw said:
Owning the Spy vs. Spy board game, I have enough zillions to buy your trading card and have zillions to spare.

Well, then have fun staring at my hands. Try not to get jealous.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
MrSmileyFaceDude said:
They're just tired of hearing about it, jiujitsu. It's been a "talking point" that has been mentioned in a lot of the interviews, and they'd rather hear more solid info about the gameplay.

Actually, it doesn't bother me to hear what voice actors you guys are getting to do this, but hearing Patrick Stewart over and over again gets a little old.

Linda Carter is a decent actress. It's good to know that Patrick Stewart isn't voicing everyone in the game. :D

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom