Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 2 Russian version to be released soon

Atrokkus

Erudite
1C's localization is almost done and now the voices are being dubbed.

Not sure if someone here is really interested, but I thought it would be fun for you to listen to some voice-over samples:

Narrator ("War. War never changes")

Sulik

Navarro Sergeant
(note: Sergeant will have some effects applied to his voice so that it would sound like he's speaking inside APA)

Personally, I'm against voice-overs, even though this one is made by professional actors.
But of course they can't make an ultimate localization without translating *everything.*

Anyways, enjoy ^_^

Naked_Lunch

Erudite
That actually doesn't sound that bad, though the "War" voice-actor could use a little more bass in his voice, otherwise it's fine.

Baley

Liturgist
Yeah,it doesn't sound bad.

On the other hand,I have no idea what they're saying.

except the first one...

corvax

Augur
sorry but this sounds just too funny. i tried to play polish fallout tactics once and just couldn't get into it. i'm such an american whore.

dunduks

Liturgist
It is not that bad, but after hearing the originals, these just seem a bit wrong, especcially the sergant.

Atrokkus

Erudite
Yeah, i second you about sergeant.
We had a long argument about him on our forums.
He's kinda too comical.

Other than that, I'm quite happy with Sulik and Narrator.

But the sound department of 1C still haven't posted samples of Myron...

A real pity is that Myron will be censored (the voice-over, that is, the text is of course obscene as it should be).

I'll update the list of samples in the first post as soon as they become available.

Sirus

Liturgist
Is this a professional thing? Who the hell is funding this?

LlamaGod

Cipher
The narrator is okay, but yeah he could be a bit deeper.

The Sulik one is pretty much perfect though, he has the same pitch and coarseness.

Ap_Jolly

Liturgist
What kind of moron came up with the idea of making Sarge sound like some 70's comedy porutchik?

Oh, and professional voice-overs by professional actors were done for pirated localizations way back in the 90's. I have 1994 "Cyberia" disk done by the same people who dubbed American movies for kinoprokat (not the nose-plug kind for black-market videoprokat).

Atrokkus

Erudite
Pirate translations are only good in movies, and only by Goblin.
Licensed movie translations in Russia are also crappy for the most part, but the majority is still good.

And in games industry, pirates have never provided good voice-over, that's obvious. Fargus tried, but ended up with dubbing only 3 or 4 characters, others being just cut out. They should have left original voice-overs intact...

What kind of moron came up with the idea of making Sarge sound like some 70's comedy porutchik?
Go to here and ask this yourself ^_^

Ap_Jolly

Liturgist
mEtaLL1x said:
Pirate translations are only good in movies, and only by Goblin.
Licensed movie translations in Russia are also crappy for the most part, but the majority is still good.

The ones I was talking about were done ten to twenty years ago. Maybe it's the nostalgia factor, but I thought they were done pretty well.

And in games industry, pirates have never provided good voice-over, that's obvious. Fargus tried, but ended up with dubbing only 3 or 4 characters, others being just cut out. They should have left original voice-overs intact...

What about Akella's "11th Hour"? Besides, my point was that professional voice acting isn't such a unique feature. Yes, I do know that dub text is rarely accurate, the casting is often shitty, and last time I tried Russian localization, "humorous" dubs were the only kind I could find in my local store, and original American versions were very rare. That was awhile ago, however, and I've been told that (at least in Moscow and St.Peterburg) the choice was much more varied, so don't get worked up if something I say isn't true anymore.

Go to here and ask this yourself ^_^

No thanks. Mx nailed it with perceived age differences betw. american and russian dubs for Sarge. To be fair, it's possible that the dub could improve when filtering is added.

Atrokkus

Erudite
[quiote]To be fair, it's possible that the dub could improve when filtering is added.[/quote]
Yeah, they could actually eliminate that age difference completely.

Fact is, the sound department won't redub the sergeant.

What about Akella's "11th Hour"?
I can't remember the time when Akella did pirating.

dagamer667

Liturgist
Must've been a lot of stuff to translate. Wasn't Fallout 2 released back when Duke Nukem Forever development was only starting?

Atrokkus

Erudite
There were too major pirate-translation - by LevKorp and Fargus. levKorp was quite lame, Fargus was pretty good, but still very underdeveloped.

Sandelfron

Scholar
This is good since "Metalheart:Replicant's Rampage" is shit-pie
and russians should have a chance to play the real thing.

TheGreatGodPan

Arbiter
Is there someplace where I can find the audio in english? They've never played correctly on my computer.
EDIT: Oops, it's Fallout 2. I've only got the original.

Atrokkus

Erudite
and russians should have a chance to play the real thing.
Well, Fallout 2 is EXTREMELY popular in Russia/CIS, even without official localization ^_^
But, of course, pirates translated it poorly. So, when our (1C's) version is released, a new wave of Fallout madness will engulf Russia/CIS!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom