Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Postapocalyptic mmorpg - Fallen Earth - new trailer

Fresh

Erudite
Here´s a link to a trailer for Fallen Earth, a post-apoc mmorpg on the horizon. (link from the newsletter that arrived yesterday)
http://ims.warcry.com/scripts/links/vie ... ml?id=4860

Im being very,very cautiously optimistic about it. At least its PA. Some1 heard of it? If not - check it out at www.fallenearth.com.

DarkSign

Erudite
Yeah I basically hate it because

a) its a direct competitor
b) the graphics suck
c) I had my website up with all of the same stuff (and a bit more) they are claiming to have before them..and they are "stealing it" (yes I know they probably didnt read my site, but I feel like it)
d) they have Psi which is like magic to me...and I dont like unrealistic p-a.

It looks dorky as hell, I second the utter crap notion. I suppose it helps give you, Dark, a design goal, 'don't look like them!'

Although, it may be bad for you, because that reminded me about how much I wouldn't really like to play a PA mmog.

Mainstream-wise speaking, of course.

Sarkile

Magister
Patron
I guess I was nitpicking :).
Regardless, the psi aspect of that game will probably play like Everquest's casting classes just like every other MMORPG ever released.

Claw

Erudite
Patron
Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Well, I've seen the trailer and almost forgot to reply.

It didn't look so bad really, but when the "man without name" suddenly whipped out the nail club and started fighting the giant worm with it... that was just ridiculous. The size of the worm only increased the hilarity. Other games let you fight small rodents, this game lets you fight giant worms.. which look like they could eat the player in two bites but are quickly killed with a small club. Also, did the whorm whack the player with its head? Dickslapping attack! Pure comedy genius! :lol:

Balor

Arcane
Well, psi was not useable by char. It was used on him by the Master... not an alternative way to cast fireballs :).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom